Sign in to follow this  
iamded

8112: Battle Arachnoid set review!

2213362290_c696a0dab8_o.jpg

Redman here! Today I proudly wear my boofy Red Exo-force hair to tell you about set 8112; Battle Arachnoid! Just in case you missed Hinckley's great review. ;-)

The smallest of the robot Exo-force sets, this sure is a great set! Keeping the orange and black colour scheme and the Devastator as the pilot from the Claw Crusher set, yet improving it with a sweet insect like design, and some neat weaponry, not to mention the detachable cockpit and Face-eater (more on that later). Not a bad price at 15 NZD either. *sweet*

2213236944_e299b75dd3_o.jpg

The box has a neat action pose of the Battle Arachnoid boosting through the jungle, firing it's Face-eater (the mini robot). In the bottom right corner there's a picture of the mini robot encircled in, well, a circle. The same as seen in the action pose, only smaller and with a slight change of angle. :-P And as usual the pilot is shown in the top right in cartoon form, this one's obscured by a price tag though. X-D

2212448853_4d28a62554.jpg

The picture on the instruction manual is the same as the action pose on the box-art. For some reason there is 2 instruction manuals, the first building the 6 legged base bit, and the second building the detachable cockpit and mini robot. The back of instruction book 1 shows the other 2008 Exo-force sets, and the back of instruction book 2 has the usual WIN Lego Products thing, and in the back pages are advertisements for the Lego club, which people in NZ can't even subscribe to. |-/

2212449977_bb94389267.jpg

The DSS. Well, what was the DSS. Really it just shows how big the stickers were. X-D Still, that may be helpful to some one. As you can see, there's only 7 stickers, which isn't really that bad, as they're easy to apply.

2213243110_51e4c839b2.jpg

Moving on to the model. First we build the base, which I call the Arachnoid. It's actually quite cute, if you ignore the laser guns and chainsaws on it's front legs, and deadly pincers. X-D Really though, it is. I like it. :-)

2212443975_bf28b95262_o.jpg

The sticker is mirrored on the opposite leg too. Here you can see the left side of the Arachnoid, with the set number 'hidden' in the sticker. Here's the right side, with that robot symbol encased in some black designs. And here is the last leg sticker on the hind legs, again mirrored on the opposite leg. And here's a back view, so you can see how the cockpit attaches.

Next up in instruction booklet number 2 we build the detachable cockpit. When attached it forms a kind of abdomen to the Arachnoid, and when detached it's some sort of flying little air craft, or FLAC as I call it. The wings can fold down for flight, and fold up to protect the pilot. Underneath it holds and extra pod for the mini robot.

2212447473_e9508c5357_o.jpg

And here's a back view for you.

Lastly we build the mini robot. I've deduced it's purpose is to eat heads. It look like it can do that quite well too, with 4 sharp arms to stab into it's victim, and a little jaw to devour it's victim's head. :-D Once consumed the flesh melts away in the acid, leaving behind a skull. *skull*

2213239990_1fb6876da2_o.jpg

It can also be utilised into a gun. :-D

I noticed in the instruction when you build the pod for the FLAC, in the parts-you-need-in-this-step box it shows the 2x2 black circle plate, and the trans-yellow dome covering, and in the connecting box it shows a skull connecting to the black plate instead of the yellow covering. Then when attached to the model, it shows the pod with the skull inside. ??? Confused? No? Well, later on when you build the pod for the Face-eater, in the parts-you-need-in-this-step box it shows the same as before, only this time with the skull. Then in the how-to-put-it-together step there is no skull. Crazy.

Another thing to note is how to put in the chainsaws. Contrary to the instructions, it's better if you put them with the slope, instead of against it like the instructions suggest. That doesn't properly work unless you have the power to make the chainsaw go through the slope.

2212449225_0746469bd8.jpg

Other than that no problems though!

So, all in all, despite the few errors in the instructions, it was a nice and easy build, each section looks nice individually and together, well, except like this. That just looks kinda weird. :-P Still, all the other ways are cool! :-D It's a great set, especially if you love orange, like I do! What more to say! I think I provided all the pictures you need, unless you want a picture of the back of instruction book 2, with the WIN Lego Prizes thing. :-/

That's all for today folks! *sweet*

[/Redman]

So, what do you think? I'll be happy to provide any other pictures you want, whether it be of the 'mistakes' in the instruction books, or other angles of the model. I appreciate all comments and criticisms!

~Peace

Thanks dillthepill and General Zen!

I wish I could post pictures like you! X-D I am envious of your ability. ;-)

X-D

~Peace

No problem, and I forgot to compliment you on your pics as well. ;-)

Also, there is one thing you forgot (or just didn't want to add :-P) What rating would you give it? I gave mine a 10/10, but it's your review.

Thanks for the reveiw iamded redman! *y*

i was going to do a reveiw on this set but you saved me the trouble, oh well ill just have to do one on the river dragon, and if any one does it i'll winge at you :-P

No problem, and I forgot to compliment you on your pics as well. ;-)

Also, there is one thing you forgot (or just didn't want to add :-P) What rating would you give it? I gave mine a 10/10, but it's your review.

Rating? 8-| I'm no good at rating. But I guess it would be 10/10, I don't have any problems with this set,. I love the design, details, colour scheme and everything, so yes, 10/10. :-D Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks for the reveiw iamded redman! *y*

i was going to do a reveiw on this set but you saved me the trouble, oh well ill just have to do one on the river dragon, and if any one does it i'll winge at you :-P

You're welcome! :-D

The above was on behalf of Redman.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Another brilliant Redman review! I love these! Even if you are SOOOO late! :-P

You've gone into excellent detail this time iamred (thats both of you), me very handy tips and extras. Well done on noting those little problems in the manual, you have certainly convinced me to get this set!

Great Redman review!

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

The reason I would probably get this set a 10/10 would be it's creative weapons(having guns on legs is just pimped out :-P), the great playability, and i love the black-orange color scheme. It also has great MOCing parts. Ah yes, and the face eater. :-P

Having two instruction booklets for such a small set seems so silly to me. I love the head eater minibot, very interesting for lego. Frankly I might pass on this, depending on if I could get my hands on it or not.

Another brilliant Redman review! I love these! Even if you are SOOOO late! :-P

You've gone into excellent detail this time iamred (thats both of you), me very handy tips and extras. Well done on noting those little problems in the manual, you have certainly convinced me to get this set!

Great Redman review!

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

iamred: Why thank you, Batbrick! *sweet* Good to hear that by pointing out the mistakes in the instructions I convinced you to get the set. 8-| *wacko* :-P

I love the head eater minibot, very interesting for lego. Frankly I might pass on this, depending on if I could get my hands on it or not.

I love the Face-eater too. *wub* Might pass on it? I suggest not, it's a great set. Just look at how lovely it is! *wub* X-D Really though, it's your mistake decision. Maybe I'm being a tad biased, but I can't deny the awesome orange pieces! *wub* They're so... orange! *wub*

~Peace

For such a cheap little set it is very tempting to get, however im thinking for just afew more dollars I can buy the chameleon hunter :-P However tempting these cute sets are :-$ It does seem shameful to miss good deals as this one is - but the chameleon hunter too! :'-(

And saving money for new sets coming out - don't get me started |-/

;-)

For such a cheap little set it is very tempting to get, however im thinking for just afew more dollars I can buy the chameleon hunter :-P However tempting these cute sets are :-$ It does seem shameful to miss good deals as this one is - but the chameleon hunter too! :'-(

And saving money for new sets coming out - don't get me started |-/

;-)

Chameleon Hunter? Where's the orange in that? :-P

And thanks DJ Force! As you may have established, I really like this set too! :-D

~Peace

Thank you for the review. *sweet*

This finally convinced me to buy this set when it comes out here. ;-)

Chameleon Hunter? Where's the orange in that?

LOL< exactly.

I have the Chameleon Hunter myself, I didn't really like it though, the legs are too skinny and the gun is uncreavtive. It has great MOCing pieces though, and the claw is awesome.

Chameleon Hunter? Where's the orange in that?

LOL< exactly.

I have the Chameleon Hunter myself, I didn't really like it though, the legs are too skinny and the gun is uncreavtive. It has great MOCing pieces though, and the claw is awesome.