Sign in to follow this  
mephistopheles

[WIP] Avalonian Hamlet: Sylvania

You choose your words very well: this teases me a lot to see the finished MOC!

The two houses you already have look great, though I would recommend to put one at angle to avoid a too blocky feeling. And are you going to tile the roof of the second house?

The ladscaping looks great, welcome back!

Thanks! 

Yes I am going to tile roof of the second house, I just ran out of tiles and need to wait for more to arrive. I agree with the angle idea. The first house = Tavern will be angled as soon as I got the terrain ready under it (the terrain under the houses will be tiled).  

The terrain will change a lot, I will add a lot of plants, bushes, trees, flowers and what not to it. However I first want to finish all the buildings, adjust them and only finish up the terrain after every building is in place. 

1 hour ago, mephistopheles said:

Thanks!

Yes I am going to tile roof of the second house, I just ran out of tiles and need to wait for more to arrive. I agree with the angle idea. The first house = Tavern will be angled as soon as I got the terrain ready under it (the terrain under the houses will be tiled).

The terrain will change a lot, I will add a lot of plants, bushes, trees, flowers and what not to it. However I first want to finish all the buildings, adjust them and only finish up the terrain after every building is in place.

Yeah I understand, when tiling large surfaces you can run out of tiles waaay too quickly

Of course you will add vegetation. Otherwise you wouldn't have an "all hail Avalonia" in you signature :wink:

Great job.  I really like your choice of colors and the look of the buildings.  The roof on the second house reminds me of Vikings.  Really nice textures and I like the landscape so far especially the stream.  Keep up the great work cant wait to see the finished project.

When I saw it I thought that it must hail from a northerly part of Avalonia, near Mitgardia, since there seem to be some very strong Germanic influences on the designs, with the colorful geometric patterns. "Bavarian" is the adjective that comes to mind, though someone from Bavaria would no doubt correct me on that. Looks good, and I look forward to seeing what you end up with. Be sure to take lots of pictures!

39 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

When I saw it I thought that it must hail from a northerly part of Avalonia, near Mitgardia, since there seem to be some very strong Germanic influences on the designs, with the colorful geometric patterns. "Bavarian" is the adjective that comes to mind, though someone from Bavaria would no doubt correct me on that. Looks good, and I look forward to seeing what you end up with. Be sure to take lots of pictures!

It is located in Woodward which you will still find on an Avalonian map :)

You are right with the Bavarian adjective, Bavaria did influence me a lot.

Thanks everybody!

Edited by mephistopheles

The build already looks amazing. In fact, it gave me some ideas for future MOCs. Welcome back to Avalonia.

This looks amazing already! :wub: I love the use of cheese slopes in the buildings, and the dark brown is a great color choice for the wood sections.
Looking forward to how this progresses! :classic:

Looks insanely good so far. I must admit to be a bit jelous of both your parts and your skills :wink:

Certainly will be an impressive layout when finished! I love your use of cheese slopes in walls to form mosaics :wub:

Awesome looking houses, I really love the colors and decorations you give them (that dark brown roof and the balcony in the taller house are especially great!), and I'm definitely looking forward to watching as you progress with it! :excited: