Hi everyone! 

I am glad to present my new trial truck based on @Lucio Switch and @efferman ideas. All photos are clickable, you can see full Flickr gallery :blush:

32723183202_8147cef0fc_b.jpg

Main goals were:

1. Enormous size of the model
  2. Durability
  3. High speed (relative to most lego trial trucks)
  4. Double wheels on rear axles

30744433793_a923059044_b.jpg

Features:

• 8x8 drive (no differentials) with 4 buggy-motors (12 wheels total)
  • 2 servos for steering
  • 2 L-motors for winch
  • 2 SBricks
  • 2 LiPo's
  • In-wheel planetary reductors (4:1 gearing)
  • Anti-roll bars
  • Durable 3-stud thick chassis
  • Total 22:1 gearing with fast buggy-motor output
  • Weight: 3,5 kg

And here are some WIP photos:

Axles with 13:1 gearing

32062095373_359f9f99a9_b.jpg

Rear chassis part with motors installed

32062095533_e8fc626acc_b.jpg

Chassis assembled

32062095293_482ae1d59f_b.jpg

Almost completed truck, with bottom view 

32062095403_951c07e428_b.jpg

First steps

Video from Moscow 2016 TT meeting

As a final note, I can summarize that such heavy and hulking truck looks good only as a show-stopper, but there is nothing to do with it on trial competitions :devil:

Thank you for attention, hope you liked this little fellow :wink:

Oh my God how huge! Very good model! Color sceme is as well as white and blue one!

Hell it is fast despite how massive it is, i didn't expected that speed and the video really impressed me, i imagine that it might be one of the most dominant models in the truck trial, is good to see how well everything performs, specially those planetary rims, i hope to make my own truck in a future and see if it is at the same level as yours; thank you for sharing this model with us, is really amazing like the previous one.

In the test video, I was wondering if you were going to surprise someone who was sleeping under those sheets!  :laugh:

This MOC looks great and functions beautifully.  Well done!

Funny photo taken during trial meeting in Moscow. It is small Unimog on Thirdwigg's Iveco, Iveco is on Madoca's Tatra and Tatra fits very well on Indominus back:) Indominus inspired me to make my own fast and lightweight 8x8:)
F3uB1TM0fqQ.jpg

16 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

i hope to make my own truck in a future and see if it is at the same level as yours;

@Imanol BB Good luck to you with building your truck! 

15 hours ago, deraven said:

In the test video, I was wondering if you were going to surprise someone who was sleeping under those sheets!  :laugh:

@deraven Laughing a lot, I imagined such a picture :laugh:

@Aleh @Leonardo da Bricki @Edwin Korstanje Thank you for kind words, guys! 

I was a bit skeptical about great trial performances due the size (especially the length), but you did a great job and however, the performances of your truck have really surprised me! :thumbup::thumbup:

wow wildly huge build! Very original wheel system. Love the photo with all the other trucks on top. So cooL!

Wow - that is one big model! The speed is great as well. One question though, for such a huge model with a reasonably high gear ratio, how good is the torque? Also, how well do the PF battery packs power the RC motors? 

21 hours ago, Lucio Switch said:

I was a bit skeptical about great trial performances due the size (especially the length), but you did a great job and however, the performances of your truck have really surprised me! :thumbup::thumbup:

@Lucio Switch I'm glad that I can still surprise you :blush: Your works are really inspiring, it's a great pleasure to work with them!

@M_longer There is need for mirrors when you driving trial truck in Russia :laugh:

11 hours ago, Technic Jim said:

One question though, for such a huge model with a reasonably high gear ratio, how good is the torque? Also, how well do the PF battery packs power the RC motors? 

@Technic Jim Torque is not enough for serious trial competition, but more then enough for breaking UV-joints :sweet: Both my PF batteries are slightly modified, because original LiPos are too weak for 4 buggy-motors.

@Toni-23 @Victor Imaginator @Lox Lego Thank you so much for your feedback! 

Incredible creation, it's amazing that something that large can still move that fast.

I like the way you build the chassis, it looks very rigid, do you have a 5x7 frame count on this creation :laugh: