63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 – Outstanding

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Actually Clayface looks like a mixel on steroids.

:laugh: thanks for your insights too. 

Makoy, I love the look of this set except for the stud-shooters, which I`m not a fan of. If you go with the "hammer-hand" on one side , are there enough parts left over from not building the two shooter assemblies and the "Mayor`s splat-trap" to make up a hand or even a fist (bearing in mind ,the unique colour parts combinations)?

Take care

Kenny.

3 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

Makoy, I love the look of this set except for the stud-shooters, which I`m not a fan of. If you go with the "hammer-hand" on one side , are there enough parts left over from not building the two shooter assemblies and the "Mayor`s splat-trap" to make up a hand or even a fist (bearing in mind ,the unique colour parts combinations)?

Take care

Kenny.

If I go with the same build as seen in the movie I doubt there is sufficient bricks. I think a closed fist is achievable. I will try this weekend as I am busy with another set review.

Thanks , I saw your brick separator hand and thought "If he doesn`t know how do this, then who does!!?"..........so no pressure there at all!!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, Themadpatter said:

One correction, it is actually £30 in GBP not £18 like you said.

Unless you found somewhere better, because this is according to the Lego shop. 

I got mine for £15 from Sainsbury's as they had it reduced to clear from £30 :)
I wouldn't have bought it for full price but when I saw it for £15 I snapped it up

It was part of the my local store's seasonal aisle Batman movie / superhero theme, they had set up for half term and don't regularly stock it (they also had Riddler & Penguin sets down to £20 and Catwomans down to £10)

@makoy I picked this set up at the weekend on the back of this review, and I absolutely love it! I was never really sold on it when I originally saw it due to the lack of minifigs.. I mean, The Mayor is cool and I needed to add her to my collection, but ANOTHER Batman and a brick built one I can't display in my frames? Felt like an easy pass at the time. Once I read this though I thought I needed to pick it up. Ended up getting it for £19 from Argos after allowing for their discount and using a voucher and it is by far one of my favourite sets I've picked up and built recently!

12 hours ago, r5-j2 said:

Thanks , I saw your brick separator hand and thought "If he doesn`t know how do this, then who does!!?"..........so no pressure there at all!!

Well, according to Sensei Wu Never put off for tomorrow what can be done today! 

32343634123_3749c0091c_z.jpg

managed to make this 4-articulated fingers without taking apart the other hand... actually I forgot to include the hammer hand in the picture but either the hammer hand or the six-stud shooter will do.

11 hours ago, Kizmoz said:

I got mine for £15 from Sainsbury's as they had it reduced to clear from £30 :)

Wow.. that's a great deal. Good for you!

9 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

@makoy I picked this set up at the weekend on the back of this review, and I absolutely love it! I was never really sold on it when I originally saw it due to the lack of minifigs.. I mean, The Mayor is cool and I needed to add her to my collection, but ANOTHER Batman and a brick built one I can't display in my frames? Felt like an easy pass at the time. Once I read this though I thought I needed to pick it up. Ended up getting it for £19 from Argos after allowing for their discount and using a voucher and it is by far one of my favourite sets I've picked up and built recently!

Luckyyyy. I'm not here to convince you btw... I reviewed the set thinking that I may get upset as well but it ended up great. :grin:

Edited by makoy
auto-correct!

27 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@makoy LOVELY Clayface hand!! Makes me wonder why TLG didn't put something similar in the official set.

I have to sacrifice the build quality for what it is. It is not as solid as it looks. It's hollow because I need to remove the six-studs rapid shooter... so if tilt the hand upwards, it would look Clayface is scooping something.

9 hours ago, makoy said:

Well, according to Sensei Wu Never put off for tomorrow what can be done today! 

32343634123_3749c0091c_z.jpg

managed to make this 4-articulated fingers without taking apart the other hand... actually I forgot to include the hammer hand in the picture but either the hammer hand or the six-stud shooter will do.

Wow.. that's a great deal. Good for you!

Luckyyyy. I'm not here to convince you btw... I reviewed the set thinking that I may get upset as well but it ended up great. :grin:

Nicely done...I`ve got to get this now!!..thanks again

Kenny

That was a fun read... Thanks for sharing your review!

It made me realize that I really need this set in my life :)