TheBeeze

The Brick of Nations ---- Retired from Old Game

The Brick of Nations

32008790804_e375a95904_z.jpg

The Brick of Nations is an International Organization composed of Sovereign Nations and other International Organizations. The Brick of Nations is aimed at establishing International Law and serves as a forum for Nations to both air and resolve the grievances. The Organization has served for decades as a lasting moderator and advocate for global peace.

This is where nations are free to bring forth their issues or seek to invoke international laws. Nations that have more than (1) Player must ensure that they have only (1) representative at a time to voice concerns at the Brick of Nations. This will be left to the individual nations to decide who their representative will be.

The format for addressing the Brick of Nations Shall be as follows:

1. A player wishes to motion for a new international law - A player must post in this thread that their nation is seeking to institute an international law. That nation must...

• Build a case in their post as to why this needs to be done and...
  • The player must get (3) other nations to co-sign their motion by posting agreement to said motion in this thread.
  • If a player achieves the (3) cosignatures, the council (myself and staff) will determine if the cause can move to a general vote.
  • If it is determined that the Brick of Nations is not going to vote, the issue is dead and cannot be resurrected unless circumstances provide building a substantial case. If the council approves the motion to vote, a separate thread will be opened to vote. Each nation will have (1) vote. If multiple entries are posted from (1) nation, the first one will be the vote counted. 

2. A player can air a grievance with another nation - A player can seek to resolve an issue with another nation directly or they can ask for a council resolution. If a council resolution is requested, it must be detailed and show cause for a resolution. The council will determine the outcome of any resolution and may open the floor to a vote as outlined in #1. 

3. A nation can make a formal declaration - this is used for nations to state intentions. Declarations of War, territorial outcomes based on battle, intent to break a treaty or alliance, ultimatums.

Any country that is seeking to use military force against another must formally declare war against the country it is using force against. Any nation that uses military action against a sovereign nation without declaring war may be subject to action from the Brick of Nations. 

All posting in this thread is to be done in character and as a representative of your nation. Players are encouraged to create a unique Minifig to represent them as their nations Ambassador to the Brick of Nations. Staff may create ambassadors for your country to use for promotional content to drive the game. It is important to keep an eye on this section and try to build (pun intended) off of what the staff creates. This area is not to be abused or cluttered with endless back & forth ranting. Be professional and diplomatic.

Accepted Laws through Legislation Passed by the Brick of Nations:

1. Resolution BW001- The use of all Nuclear, Chemical, and Bio Brick Weapons is outlawed. Countries are to cease all programs furthering development of these projects. 

Filace Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Curtis Larkin 

33065356540_b06f27277b.jpg

"Too long have the people of Filace been terrorized by these rogue nations of the world looking to use whatever means necessary to achieve their desires. The delusions of grandeur that some nations aspire to come at the cost of peace and stability in our region. We can no longer stand idly by as our borders are not respected,  national agreements are not honored, and aggressor nations threaten more. Filace has on two occasions in the past month been assaulted by Sovereign nations of the world and this council has stood silent allowing chaos to run rampant. Your failure to act has caused us to take our own action. Let it be known that effective immediately, Filace is declaring war on Briolui and Toohati. We call on our allies to condemn these acts of aggression and stand united with us to fight for the good of all minifigs. We ask all RON nations to do the right thing and condemn your allies for the acts of aggression they have taken here.

We do not make this statement lightly as we understand the burdens of war. War is not great nor pleasant, it is awful. We are only advocating war as a means to achieve peace and to protect our people. May God help us all."

Edited by Thebeeze111

Toohati Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Victoria Wilson

32677277904_b3d76be7a9.jpgDeclaring War

"Counselors of the Brick of Nations, I say to you that we have reached a low point in our shared history. My nation has been peaceful in our relations and negotiations with the nation of Filace, but I stand here today, acknowledging their declaration of war upon Toohati and upon Briolui. I deeply regret that Filace did not first seek peaceful resolutions to their issues, but we seek an alliance with Briolui, and together, we will stand against the forces of the nation of Filace. Members of the COAC, you know that for years, we have been a neutral nation, advocating for peace in all situations. I ask that you leave Filace to fight her own foolish battles, do not smear yourselves in the filth of her accusations and deceptions against my country, our ally, Briolui, and the Republic of Nations.

Let it be known that Toohati is formally declaring war upon Filace! Our country will not be bullied by such an insolent nation! We shall fight against the tyranny they have perpetuated! Our nation is strong, our people are one, and we will stand against the nations of Filace and her allies! If Filace will not seek peace, then she must prepare for war! May God protect us."

Alsarh Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, the honorable Josef Berthold

uedimeox.jpg

War is the scourge of minifigkind. It brings unfathomable destruction and misery. It must be avoided. I know this for sure. When I was younger, I fought against the Separatists on the Isle of Rahz. I bring forward the motion that this council orders the nations of Filace, Briolui and Toohati to convene on a summit to seek a peaceful solution through diplomatic means. War is not as inevitable as it might look right now. Peace is a possibility if we all are willing to work on it! May the gods enlighten us all.

The Representative from Alsarh has motioned for the council to order the nation's of Toohati, Brioului, and Filace to convene a peace summit.

The council requires (3) Cosignatures to pass the motion. 

Any who wish to cosign, post here. Deadline to pass motion is Tuesday 3/21/17. 

Refnor Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Kenaniah Smith.

Brick%20of%20Nations%20Ambassador_zpsyxs

Peace you speak of, Josef? Peace? Peace when our brothers and sisters in Filace are being trampled upon by nations like Briolui and Toohati? Watching as our fellow nations get engulfed by these insolent nations? No, my friend. That is not peace. That is isolationism. Let it be known that today, Refnor is formally declaring war on Briolui and Toohati and standing with Filace!

May God be with us.

Edited by VaderFan2187
Bold-ed the declaration of war

Briolui Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Aymeric Devereux.

33390594652_c83cd2eaa9_z.jpgBoN-Representative by Phadeout, on Flickr

"With a heavy heart but a steely resolve shared by all the peace loving people of our land I announce the nation of Briolui declares war on both the aggressors of Filace and their pets in Refnor.  Let us be clear, Briolui has suffered the first casualties in this war but they will not suffer the last!

With our allies in Toohati and support from our brethren in the Republic of Nations we will fight on until the capitulation of our adversaries - look to your borders Filace and Refnor, you will see us soon."

Edited by Phadeout

On 19/03/2017 at 8:24 PM, Brickwolf said:

Alsarh Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, the honorable Josef Berthold

War is the scourge of minifigkind. It brings unfathomable destruction and misery. It must be avoided. I know this for sure. When I was younger, I fought against the Separatists on the Isle of Rahz. I bring forward the motion that this council orders the nations of Filace, Briolui and Toohati to convene on a summit to seek a peaceful solution through diplomatic means. War is not as inevitable as it might look right now. Peace is a possibility if we all are willing to work on it! May the gods enlighten us all.

[Note I will edit the post later with the New Brikika ambassador, I am not near my Lego right now]

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Brick of Nations, as the representative of New Brikika to this great organisation I would like to second the motion presented by the esteemed Ambassador Berthold. 

Too often when countries bicker they reach first for the gun instead of taking their time to talk and find a reasonable solution. As a country that has helped keep the peace in troubled parts of our world for several decades we volunteer to act as moderator for any peace talks. 

As the first to cosponsor this proposal I implore other nations to lend their support and avoid unnecessary bloodshed. I also note the motion has been both presented and seconded by COAC nations and the only response from the Republic of Nations is a further declaration of war. Is the RoN so bloodthirsty that they will not even consider peace talks?  I implore the nations of the RoN who are not involved in this conflict to join with those of us from the COAC who back this motion and show you too desire peace.l and prosperity for your people.

Swintoc Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, General Filip.

33561450425_2772b46fe9.jpg

"Ambassadors Josef and Alsarh, your ignorance betrays you, we do not want peace, and as it was not your blood which was spelt you have lost nothing and only profiteered off of our dead brethren. The country of Swintoc declares war on Rafnor and Filace, as we can not stand by idle and watch as the world crumbles, I would also suggest that the rest of the RON does the same, as we will not stop until Filace runs red with blood!

The Deadline For Cosignatures to pass the Motion has arrived. With only (1) Cosponsor, this motion is denied. 

New Brikika views the defeat of attempts to bring peace with great sadness especially as it comes on the day that a greater threat emerges with Tosul testing ballistic missiles. Our intelligence indicates that the Tosulese missile program is part of a bigger plan to develop nuclear weapons and New Brikika views this as a far greater threat to our national security than the conflict with the Republic of Nations. 

Based on this the government of New Brikika has taken the decision not to join the war at this time as we prepare for the inevitable conflict with the vile communist regime of Tosul. This is not to be construed as weakness on our part, we will still provide support to our allies and are prepared to defend ourselves with the full might of our military should we be threatened. 

To the government of New Deland we say this, we have been enemies before, we have argued and fought wars but we are now at peace and must work together against the true threat to our continent and the world, the red menace of global communism!  We invite the government of New Deland to join us in setting aside the squabbles of our competing alliances and enter into a non aggression pact and begin talks on how our great nations can work together to counter the scourge of communism before it destroys our way of life. 

33198791830_e26f529404_n.jpg

Greetings ladies, gentlemen, worms of the CoAC, and those pukes from the nation of Tosul...my name is Chuck Dizzle.  I am the current Ambassador to the RoN, from the Commonwealth of Southern Territories.  I am here today to express my concern over...absolutely nothing!  We in the Commonwealth of Southern Territories have chosen not to engage with any of these hostile nations at the present time.  And there are plenty of them right now...plenty.  Lemme tell ya', there are quite a few!

32767687533_d3b2d1923b_n.jpg

We, the esteemed Commonwealth of Southern Territories, we stand with our allies.  And as our alliance needs to remain strong in the face of such evil people, and lemme' tell ya', there are quite a few out there right now...

33198767610_4c8ba60975_n.jpg

I motion that Toohati be formally and officially accepted as a full member of the Republic of Nations Alliance.  Do I have a three more supportive nations who will back me up?

33425232942_b45fbe38c2_n.jpg

33207295640_7e68a57ec9_z.jpg

The Leader of the Deland Republic Diplomacy (DRD) is rising and is taking the microphone to begin his speech :

My dear Ladies, my dear Gentlemen, Members of all Nations,

I am Edmund Bricknusson, actual leader of the Deland Republic Diplomacy and I am here to announce you that our country is very concerned by this rise of violence all over our world.

We are ready to support with all our logistic our friends, allies and customers of the Republic Of Nations. We will never condemn their actions and instead we condemn Filace act to have been so quick to spred blood.

This inconsiderate act of war is definitively closing your country to our Oil supplies !

32776352373_c7e629d97e.jpg

Edmund is continuing on the recent events.

We will not be engaged in this war because of a greater threat which opened fire at our northern border. I am talking about the Tosulese missile we are actually trying to find the rests in our National waters. I am ready to open parleys with our neighbour of New Brickika and we are ready to sign a non agression pact to cooperate with you against the communism menace.

Be sure then, if aggressed we will strongly retaliate with all our strenghth !

Finally, I am concluding with our will to open strong relationships with Toohati as the country is entering to our glorious alliance of the Republic Of Nations !

I am co signing the motion of my estimated collegue Chuck Dizzle to officially accept Toohati as a RON member.

And I am adding a thing to it : The Deland Republic is ready to open Oil deposits on Toohati sovereign territory to help you in your war effort.

Edited by Faladrin

Balia Kaner, Rahzian Ambassador to the Brick of Nations

800x600.jpg

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Tonight I speak to you briefly, out of respect for the swiftness which actions must be taken in this time of unrest and turbulence caused by the COAC. My nation's leader have reached a decision that I am here to inform you of: The Isle of Rahz hereby supports the proposition to induct Toohati as a full member of our alliance. As I am the final confirming vote, I will now return the stand to those who must speak now."

Briolui Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Aymeric Devereux.

33390594652_c83cd2eaa9_z.jpgBoN-Representative by Phadeout, on Flickr

Fellow representatives, although war looms and we may not all call each other friends I ask that we unite behind a single purpose for something of great significance to our world and our way of life.  Although all methods of war cause destruction there are weapons of such potential power that they would change the face of this planet if used.  I refer to the possibility of nuclear weapons and chemical and biological weapons that kill indiscriminately over a huge area and pose a massive threat to civilians across the world.  

Please join with me in passing a motion to prevent the use of such weapons or the implementation or continuation of the development of programmes designed to create this type of weapon.

Conflict will remain in our world and war seems inevitable but we should always strive to protect the innocent from harm, conventional weaponry is destructive enough, there is no need to risk the stability of the entire world trying to harness things we do not understand and may not be able to control.

Edited by Phadeout

Filace Ambassador, Curtis Larkin

33065356540_b06f27277b.jpg 

The irony that runs a muck in this once great chamber is astounding. The Briolui Ambassador talks about "Striving to Protect the Innocent from Harm" when they forcefully took control of our mutual radar installation and their new best friends in Toohati were caught sending military operatives into our cities to carry out attacks on our people. They now realize they have awakened a sleeping giant and fear that we may decide to wipe them off the planet in one sweeping motion. 

Filace has no intentions of doing anything of the sort. We are a civilized nation that did not ask to be put in our current position. Trouble was brought to our doorstep, we did not go looking for it. We will second this motion for the sake of humanity and nothing else. 

Refnor Ambassador, Kenaniah Smith

Brick%20of%20Nations%20Ambassador_zpsyxs

Despite what Briolui and her allies threaten to do, Refnor will sign this motion to protect human life. Nuclear weapons are too dangerous in the wrong hands.

Erotema Ambassador to the Brick of Nations, Mr. Curro Jiménez.

34210606681_194612f745_c.jpgAMBASSADOR by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

"The situation in the vicinity of our peaceful country can´t be held in other way than the one that implies the use of force. The seizure of the joint radar base by Briolui´s forces is itself an act of war. We have been patient with this outrageous actions against our allied Filace. But we won´t wait any more. As a consequence of the declarations of war and treacherous actions of Briolui and other RON countries against our allies of the COAC, I declare the war on all the RON countries and will provide every support to any COAC nation.

However, this is a war and the last, worst resource to obtain peace. Citizens of RON countries, you must know that this war is not against you, but against the leaders who unleashed the Horsemen of the Apocaypse against our peaceful nations. Stand against your leaders and join us. Our determination to have this war finished soon is as strong as the truth that will lead us to victory, with the Help of God."

Edited by sigpro

New Brickika ambassador's address to the Brick of Nations:

"It is a sad time when the time has come to turn against each other, brother against brother but this clear invocation of war has led the New Brickika government to take action.

This is a formal declaration of war upon the Republic of Nations. We would hope that the fighting would be swift and that agreeable terms can be met after our victory. 

We will not back down when our allies are threatened, we shall not carry on in business and trade when our foes take the lives of COAC civilians. We will fight the RoN and not back down.

So help us God."

[I cannot post an ambassador as of yet as JSN has still to upload one in a previous post]