7 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

I also have an unhealthy fascination with gears of unusual colours, although as you can see I am trying to kick the habit:

800x600.jpg

Is that everything....it looks like every gear in every colour available. But....do you also collect mold variations?....like x187 vs. 3648, and 3650 has like 3 revisions.

On 15/2/2017 at 9:51 PM, nychase said:

You and me both Rohan,  I've been going after the pink 40t clock gear for 5 years.  I have had the wanted list listing for ever and the two clocks I've purchased have NOT had the correct pink gears. 

I just recently got a blue 40tooth and also have a dark grey.  I have a stupid number of black (130) white (110) Red (150) and Green (120) though which I really don't need (old pic)

Couple of things stand out that you need:

the tan 24tooth gear  -- white, black, red 12tooth singles.  Black 16tooth clutch

Blue, dbg and dark turqouise engine pistons (got a set of 16!), 

Quite a few pins with bush (white, orange, green, light grey (not lbg).  

Another holy grail part is the 3l pin with friction in WHITE. 

Also, the white clutch gear with Light grey inner (only on 8479 barcode truck and impossible to try and buy since its not listed as a different part).

Now your inspiring me to take a pic of all my rare ones!

I have been kinda collecting gears in different colours as well, i have a good few at this stage, both new and second hand....but far from a complete set as to what exists.

Hi,

There are a few new Technic pieces in dark pink in a 2017 set. As they are new I've posted the link in the 2017 discussion thread

This is exciting! It will be nice to build with some different colors. I just hope they don't make too many like with the blues...

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

7 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

There are a few new Technic pieces in dark pink in a 2017 set. As they are new I've posted the link in the 2017 discussion thread

Picture is shared on previous page already.

ok.. so I took a few more pics... still need to stitch together 4-5 to get them all in one shot, and nice and clear..

but here's an overview...

Sticking with gears, and technic 'functional' bits... but it's pretty hard to draw the line!  will have to add pneumatic, and motor parts next!

1920x1196.jpg

8 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Could we change the title of this thread please? It's a bit misleading...

The title was correct, its just that the thread veered off to talk about other things :classic:

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:37 AM, Richard Dower said:

Is that everything....it looks like every gear in every colour available. But....do you also collect mold variations?....like x187 vs. 3648, and 3650 has like 3 revisions.

Not quite - I am missing a few, but I was surprised how few.  Mold variations...  NOOOOO!!!!!  Please don't give me such ideas! :wacko: :laugh:

You can get #3743 in Red and Yellow...http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lego-Technik-Technic-1-Stk-Zahnstange-Schiene-10-Zahne-3743-rot-4211450-Neu-/131602063364?hash=item1ea4182004:g:yr4AAOSwQTVV9FQ4

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lego-Technik-Technic-1-Stk-Zahnstange-Schiene-10-Zahne-3743-gelb-4211450-Neu-/131695863912?hash=item1ea9af6868:g:MfIAAOSw9r1V-n~3

2 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

Not quite - I am missing a few, but I was surprised how few.  Mold variations...  NOOOOO!!!!!  Please don't give me such ideas! :wacko: :laugh:

lol....the differential has like 3 revisions.

On 2/21/2017 at 0:13 AM, letsbuild said:

Could we change the title of this thread please? It's a bit misleading...

Here you go.  Some pink Technic peril sensitive glasses to put the topic back on title.  :classic:

glasses.jpg

2 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Here you go.  Some pink Technic peril sensitive glasses to put the topic back on title.  :classic:

Thank you!:classic:

On 2/20/2017 at 9:50 PM, RohanBeckett said:

ok.. so I took a few more pics... still need to stitch together 4-5 to get them all in one shot, and nice and clear..

but here's an overview...

Sticking with gears, and technic 'functional' bits... but it's pretty hard to draw the line!  will have to add pneumatic, and motor parts next!

1920x1196.jpg

The tread links are also available in TAN (Elves Set) and Silver (very rare/pricey)

Thank you, I stand corrected. I was going from memory only and it's been a while since I last saw my daughter play with the set. Gotta love those earth tones though, right?

Yup.. aware of those 2 extra colours! 

I had a spreadsheet to keep track of what I'd bought.. last time I checked I was about 90% complete of all the gear colours...

...and then I started collecting pins, axles.. etc etc....

Still need 3 more of the old samsonite ones.. I only bought the big one, years ago, mistakenly thinking it would mesh with the other expert builder gears (they don't)

I'm really surprised that this thread hasn't been merged with the general parts discussion. I think that's the purview this falls under.