brunojj1

[MOC] Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 DTM manual and RC in 1:10 scale

7 hours ago, OneMoreRobot said:

Thanks to the team that brought this project together, the bar has been raised again.

Now I know what my winter project is going to be - 2 x AMG's

I have thought of you already, remembering your BMW lineup of which I still haven´t built all variations. Thanks in advance for building these too and especially for promoting Technic cars "down under" :wink: :thumbup:

Hi, you made a gorgeous work with these cars :)

Now i have a wish list including one audi and lexus model ;)

GREAT job, Bruno.

21 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

this car really looks fantastic and I plan to build it soon. Wonderful instructions BTW. The stickers from JAAP are the best. 

Thanks, guys! Praise for instructions should go to @Thorsten50, he did a great job and was even more careful than usually. Fully agree about the stickers, Jaap did a fantastic job :thumbup:! By the way, the stickers stock has sold out in the first 2 days and he is waiting for new material - we are talking about delays about one week, which isn´t too bad IMO since most parts orders deliveries take the same time.

Edited by brunojj1

18 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

By the way, the stickers stock has sold out in the first 2 days and he is waiting for new material - we are talking about delays about one week, which isn´t too bad IMO since most parts orders deliveries take the same time.

It still shows stock in his online store?

11 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

The numbers do not show the current status and the automated stock system needs to be fixed.

I can not decide which of the two versions is the best ... however, even the worst (if there is) is amazing!

Great job!:thumbup::thumbup:

19 hours ago, technic_addict said:

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Was there any consideration about offering all four instructions at a discount?

The stickers stock problem has been solved very quickly and all pending orders have been shipped today. Jaap has departed to Legoworld Denmark though, that means orders in the next few days will be delayed for that cause.

Regarding the prices for instructions there was such consideration, as well offering at higher prices. After the launch nothing will change, BTW the prices are very moderate IMO. The platform where they are sold, doesn´t allow offering discounts anyway.

7 hours ago, Lucio Switch said:

I can not decide which of the two versions is the best ... however, even the worst (if there is) is amazing!

Great job!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! According to builders´ requests the "worse" of both chassis seems to be the manual chassis, and the "Silberpfeil" livery is being asked less than "AMG". It doesn´t correspond the efforts put into development and quality - it´s the other way around. Regarding the manual chassis I can undestand that - it´s the first manual chassis I´ve built and I´m rather known for building PF vehicles - just like you, Lucio :wink:. As well it´s understandable that not many opt for a white/orange livery due to higher parts costs. Effermann has bought off all orange panels available (joking) :laugh:.

Edited by brunojj1

Thank You very much, brunojj1, for these creations.

My son said, that they look as real cars, when he saw them. :)

About instruction. I've bought white-orange one + PF. Can I build white-black version after black panels on roof will be available this summer?

Edited by ifilin

59 minutes ago, ifilin said:

Thank You very much, brunojj1, for these creations.

My son said, that they look as real cars, when he saw them. :)

About instruction. I've bought white-orange one + PF. Can I build white-black version after black panels on roof will be available this summer?

Thanks, Igor! Hopefully your son will enjoy not only looking, but playing with the car too :wink:. Of course you will be able to build it with the black round panels. I don´t know if you considered getting Jaaps´ stickers, unfortunately those on the roof wouldn´t fit then.

5 hours ago, Desmond said:

Does the RC version has the 4-speed gearbox also? I am thinking of which version to build.

Unfortunately not, it´s just a "simple" drivetrain, differential powered by 2 motors (XL + L). 

For those who want to build the PF chassis with V1 receiver (normal, without V2 mark) - I´ve tested the following setup at the drivetrain which I highly recommend:

640x327.jpg

The gear reduction at the XL motor changes to 20:12, at the L motor it´s 1:1. The car moves slightly slower, but the performance is still good. No grinding gears or stalling motors at all. Those who fear that motors could be damaged being hard coupled this way - don´t worry, it´s a safe application. Otherwise motors would be regularly damaged under load, it´s not the case here.

Edited by brunojj1

9 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

For those who want to build the PF chassis with V1 receiver (normal, without V2 mark) - I´ve tested the following setup at the drivetrain which I highly recommend:

The gear reduction at the XL motor changes to 20:12, at the L motor it´s 1:1. The car moves slightly slower, but the performance is still good. No grinding gears or stalling motors at all. Those who fear that motors could be damaged being hard coupled this way - don´t worry, it´s a safe application. Otherwise motors would be regularly damaged under load, it´s not the case here.

So cool. I may try and use this application in a later build. Do you find it better for torque or power compared to 2xl? 

45 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

So cool. I may try and use this application in a later build. Do you find it better for torque or power compared to 2xl? 

It´s obvious that 2 XL provide more total torque value than this combination, especially if you compare the characteristics on Philos´ website. I made it in order to save space, otherwise I would have to build an entirely different chassis. By the way my next challenge will be finding a good mix between stronger RC motors and XL motors with differentials between, prabably with variable speed either imitating some kind of torque vectoring on different sides or gear changes (or both)  :wink: ...

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

By the way my next challenge will be finding a good mix between stronger RC motors and XL motors with differentials between, prabably with variable speed either imitating some kind of torque vectoring on different sides or gear changes (or both)  :wink: ...

Oh please do!  Very interested in a nice body using the buggy motors.

BTW.... I ordered the stickers but have had no communication with Jaap.

On 19-2-2017 at 0:12 AM, technic_addict said:

Oh please do!  Very interested in a nice body using the buggy motors.

BTW.... I ordered the stickers but have had no communication with Jaap.

During the first days many sets where sold which resulted in an empty stock as bruno said before. Just when i was able to restock them all i had te depart to Denmark for LEGO World, which was great fun. The DTM cars seems to be well known in Denmark Bruno :wink:
All Orders should be shipped yesterday except for those who have forgotten to pay the shipping costs. Please take in mind these have to be added manually since the system doesn't support it to link it automatically to your country. 

Shipping of the sticker sets is back to normal now, If you order today, it will be send within 24h.

Thanks Bruno for letting me design the stickers again, it was a nice challenge to measure and fit it all on the car. If there is anybody which already applied the stickers let me know some feedback! I would like to know what can be improved on the next sheet.  If there is somebody with questions about the stickers don't hesitate to contact me.

Edited by jaaptechnic

I've got some renders done for this model.  Much larger versions available at my Bricksafe.  I liked the look of the rear view of the orange model so much that I went in and edited it pixel by pixel to hide the sticker edges and make it look as good as possible.  I'm still working on the RC cutaway and a revolving animation.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x600.jpg

I wanted to point out that the original versions of these renders didn't look as good because the stickers were all flat.  Luckily, Thorsten and I discovered Philo's "Slicer Pro" tool which will project a flat pattern onto a curved surface, and now everything looks much better.

Thanks, Eric!

Great job, I won´t say "as always" because you have raised the bar on the renders this time :thumbup::thumbup:.  I´m happy if this could deliver some new interesting challenges to you, even if I have no glimpse how this all works. Some usefull tools in the hand of the master...

Excellent render Eric!!
Brunojj1, you are the master of fitting the motors and all PF components in a small area.

I love how you positioned the servo to allow more room for the from end. Great placement and awesome cars!