Khaled Yousef

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer

18 hours ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Oh wow, I tought it was a LDD rendering! Awesome pictures and editing then!

Oh don't worry, a lot of people thought the same, it's the sharp images and high contrast lighting that gives this effect. But when you look at the high-res images on my Flickr you'll be able to see the dust and fingerprints.

6 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Can't believe I missed out your awesome build @Khaled Yousef!!!

Beautiful build and I love your hanger build! Hope you don't mind if I use your idea to modify my 10030. :sweet:

Thanks Azrielsc, of course you can use any ideas, it would be an honor. The hangar is my favorite part of this ship actually. But in order to place it on your 10030 you might need to move the second supporting leg a few studs to the back I think, or remove it completely and bring the first leg forward to the center of gravity of the ship. My ship stands on one leg which gives me a lot of room to place many details on the bottom hull, but I still think it's possible for 10030 too if the legs were brought closer together. You might also need to counter the weight of the hangar bay build by adding more weight to the bridge so that the ship won't tip forward.

Beautiful star destroyer! I'm curious, how did you attach the bottom panels to the frame? It looks almost seamless.

17 hours ago, Pateras said:

Beautiful star destroyer! I'm curious, how did you attach the bottom panels to the frame? It looks almost seamless.

Thanks Pateras; I'm using a combination of Technic links and hinge bricks. Download the high-res pic shown below; I think it might give you a good view of the connections.

31990139153_d875d7e254_b.jpgLEGO Star Wars - Star Destroyer 17 4K by Khaled Yousef, on Flickr

dang! that is one of the best isd iv ever seen! now just one thing, i think i speak for all lego star wars fans when i say this, will you make instrucins for this? great job!

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:53 AM, Aggron44 said:

dang! that is one of the best isd iv ever seen! now just one thing, i think i speak for all lego star wars fans when i say this, will you make instrucins for this? great job!

Thanks a lot Aggron44. I wish I could make instructions; but I still have much to learn about LDD before I could embark on such an enormous task.