On 25/02/2017 at 9:18 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

Very nice progress Bart.

Thanks Edwin

tumblr_ot7ibxp5y71qm3c8ro1_1280.png

Time for an update ;)

4700 brick and counting. I think I'm at 50% more or less.

(I don't get why the blurender render is blurry this time, sorry)

As may be noticed by the gap in the bow, I'm still not sure how to continue the yellow line forward. And I think the stanchions of the railing are way to thick like this. but on the rest i'm happy with how its progressing. Still plenty (all) to do on the stern, the funnel is about midships and the superstructure contiues aft till above the proppellors or there about. so plenty to do. 

Greetings from the middle of the Atlantic enroute to Canada but slowed down by major fog (life at sea...)

Bart

Edited by Bart

23860084938_0064fd11f0_c.jpgHydrograaf achtersalon by Bart, on Flickr

I'm back! :) although I think I've sad that more then ones on this website, anyway I'm back from my 6 months at sea, now working on this old steamer again.
I've build the aft part of the superstructure. which is not square, but narrowing. took me a bit of fiddling to get the deck right, but I think I nailed it.

There are quit some small objects and details to be added on top but that will expand later. 

I really need to get started on the aft part of the hull, but I'm looking up to it because of all the odd angles and curvature you get there. and in the mean time keeping it rigged and space enough on the inside to aid an interior (I'm not high demanding on my self, just challaging)

anyway enjoy the update

Bart

Time for an update, 
Bow to stern in bricks now. still plenty modeling to do on the hull. 
I did a lot of details, boxes on deck, navigation lights, davits and longboats, skylights, ventilation hoods, emergency steering on the stern, etc.
And a full interior for the aft accomodation. from aft to forward. Officer salon with heat stove benches and coffee table. a hall way with a stair going down and a paintry on portside. then the cartograph room, with two large tables PS and SB with big windows, a large cabinet for storing charts and a high cabinet for storing tools. 

38108521941_2eee05e71e_c.jpgHydrograaf mockup5 by Bart, on Flickr

38108522621_18b97db8a2.jpg26332023459_74df5ddeaa.jpg26332023749_0055167077.jpg

Question, I made the overall picture with Bluerender, and I know of Blueprint for making building instructions, but is there also a piece of software that checks if the bricks I've chosen in that colour actually exist?

Because I could make the longboats transparant purple digitally but I know for sure that those don't exist in real live.
And I still want to build it so that I could build it for real some day. 

5948 bricks and counting

Best regards
Bartt

Edited by Bart
wrong picture

I forgot about this one. It's coming along really beautifully! :thumbup: I think it would be appropriate for the new Scale Modeling Forum; maybe @Jim or @Milan can move it...

As for the part availability: I think the LLD "regular" mode restricts you to only available colors, but it also restrictive in the parts that you can use, so I guess that's not a solution here. You could try importing the model on Bricklink.com and see if it can find all the parts. I've had limited success with this process, since not all the parts seems to be correctly identified, but you can try.

Thanks you, you have my permission to move if that suits the build better.

Might change the title aswell too. "1:40 steamship from 1910" 

I'll have a look what happens when I transvere it to the normal mode in LDD, or put it into Bricklink.

Bart