Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Bk. II: Challenge V: Cat. A: Spreading Word

My main goal for this little build was to experiment with some less common colors in the buildings, and a few new techniques. I’m pretty pleased with how the SNOT design of the dark red tudor building worked out. Credit for the cobblestone technique goes to Mike.

A Mitgardian courier brings the long awaited news of the Heir of Cedrica, and Daydelon rejoices.

Overview.jpg

Stre.jpg

Cart2.jpg

Cart.jpg

More pictures.

Thanks for looking :classic:

Awesome job Isaac! I love these great small buildings in market scenes. :D Colorwise, the blue door is definitely the best, but technique wise, that cobblestone is pretty awesome. Headlight bricks are just awesome! :D Keep it up Isaac! :D

That's a lot of headlight bricks! They look great on the corner of the building, and equally impressive in the cobblestones. A very impressive, nicely polished build. But does it have a full interior?

[Edit: on a second glance, I realized that the corners are not made using headlight bricks, but I still like the way they turned out.]

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

This is just lovely! Your colours are mind-blowing, just gorgeous :wub: 

Nothing to remark man, this is so sweet!

As always, you did an excellent MOC !

The SNOT technique for the Tudor building is really nice. A good technique to use, I have to try it myself in my Avalonian builds...

I like your composition too, and your choice of colour is great ! The dark blue door is particularly a good addition.

Great job for a great entry !

Beautiful small build, SK!

The offsets on the pavement stones add much to the appearance!  Nice building facades with some interesting techniques!  A nice village scene is well accomplished with your  fig posing and details.

Great little build.  I love the dark red and brown together and the stone looks great altogether.  The use of the barrels is neat and I like how you did the doors.  The figs are also posed nicely. 

On 2/9/2017 at 8:05 AM, narbilu said:

wow nice... love the use of buildings on a small vignette! well done...

Thanks Narbilu!

23 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Awesome job Isaac! I love these great small buildings in market scenes. :D Colorwise, the blue door is definitely the best, but technique wise, that cobblestone is pretty awesome. Headlight bricks are just awesome! :D Keep it up Isaac! :D

Thank you :classic:

23 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

That's a lot of headlight bricks! They look great on the corner of the building, and equally impressive in the cobblestones. A very impressive, nicely polished build. But does it have a full interior?

[Edit: on a second glance, I realized that the corners are not made using headlight bricks, but I still like the way they turned out.]

Thanks Henjin, the corners are made with brackets. The red house does have a kid inside, as you  might have noticed. Other than that, the size limit kept me from including interior as the buildings are essentially facades.

21 hours ago, TitusV said:

This is just lovely! Your colours are mind-blowing, just gorgeous :wub: 

Nothing to remark man, this is so sweet!

Thanks Titus!

20 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Lovely as usual SK!

Although that lady must be an import to mitgardia, given her lack of a beard. :laugh:

Thank you. Bearded ladies are a common myth, you won't find them in many Mitgardian MOCs :wink:

19 hours ago, Faladrin said:

As always, you did an excellent MOC !

The SNOT technique for the Tudor building is really nice. A good technique to use, I have to try it myself in my Avalonian builds...

I like your composition too, and your choice of colour is great ! The dark blue door is particularly a good addition.

Great job for a great entry !

Thanks Faladrin, I was really pleased with how the SNOT paneling fit together.

19 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Beautiful small build, SK!

The offsets on the pavement stones add much to the appearance!  Nice building facades with some interesting techniques!  A nice village scene is well accomplished with your  fig posing and details.

Thanks Slegengr!

9 hours ago, Windusky said:

Wow, amazing build Soccerkid!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great little build.  I love the dark red and brown together and the stone looks great altogether.  The use of the barrels is neat and I like how you did the doors.  The figs are also posed nicely. 

Thank you :classic:

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Other than that, the size limit kept me from including interior as the buildings are essentially facades.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time, since you are the king of full interiors. 

Thank goodness you were limited in size, as you would've blown us all away with the interior lol. Seriously though another awesome creation from you.

hmm that tudor is interesting.. may I ask how you managed the offset between RB and dark red tiles? or am I missing something basic? :sceptic:

EDIT: I think I've found it, it's just a jumper, isn't it?

Edited by en_zoo

I always look forward to your builds.  This one does not disappoint!  I love the creative use of the barrels, and the SNOT Tudor style works well.  I think I'll experiment with that technique in some of my future builds.  The overall color scheme is really nice, too, with the dark red and dark blue.  Awesome!

Excellent build, Isaac. The angled building makes for a pleasing layout, and the colors all work very nicely together :thumbup:
Great cobblestone and cart as well :classic:

Solid work again SK, I'm confused about how you did the bricks. Any behind the scenes shots?

Very nice build. I really like the creative use of the barrels on the house. The cobblestone is great as well.