LegoSjaak

Lego Road tiling design.

I made a design for a 48x48 studs baseplate in Excel and will use 4 baseplates in total to make a 'U' shaped road, with parkinglots on the inside.. The Dark Bluish Grey road is wide enough. Along it, you can find the parking lots, and the middle section could contain lampposts, parkingmeters, trees, benches, garbagebins and so on as well! This road should cover the light bluish grey 48x192 area that is still empty!  Here some pictures!

32800296515_2e176b8bf7.jpg  31942954024_4aa9f9f516.jpg 

32745595106_3f2701a900_z.jpg  32420172842_24cc175785_c.jpg

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Poisso3 said:

Very nicely planned! Can't wait to see what this will look like once you are finished.

The Lego order with lots of tiles is on its way...so hopefully i can show some progress next week...I'm a weekend off with the family now!! 

On ‎10‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 10:59 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Between the project and the end result there is a big difference ... beautiful strip! :wub:

Thank you, so far i did one basplate... just got the PAB order and was able to tile the whole baseplate!  It looks a bit empty... but that will change with some cars and minifigures later!

On ‎10‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 11:06 PM, Criosphynx said:

I really like the large trees you've built, good luck with the rest of the build :)

Thanks!!  Although they are a bit wobbely, they do a pretty good job with adding a some nice green colors to the town!!  

Here is some progress on the road-strip!! In th efirst picture, you can see i moved the grill tiles to the road instead of the white stripe... it looks better IMHO....!

32768439302_db88a7bbe0_c.jpg  32106133283_22b07d39d4_c.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

Almost finished... and it is stil modular, as the 48x48 baseplates are only connected to eachother with 4 dark bluish grey 2x2 tiles...

32816861512_84d336affa_b.jpg

Still a WIP but i think this will be about it...

32862138742_995c74a32b_h.jpg

On ‎19‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 9:39 AM, carebear said:

Love the design and colours

Great Work!!!

Greetings ( groetjes )

Thanks,, i had to change some thing.. i made a miscalculation, actually...that is due to that i have the layout in the attic, and i sometimes order parts in my lunchbreak...!!  But a pedestrian crossing will be added, which makes it a bit more dynamic!!

On ‎19‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Fox Womb said:

Needs some manhole covers. Other than that, it's great.

You are right actually....i should add a few.. any ideas on the design of them..or just some grille-tiles?

Edited by LegoSjaak

So shiny! It looks like it has recently rained in your city! :laugh:

The patterns look really good, I like the little plant beds between the parking spaces. Are you going to replace some of those tiles with jumper plates to hold minifigs down?

17 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

So shiny! It looks like it has recently rained in your city! :laugh:

The patterns look really good, I like the little plant beds between the parking spaces. Are you going to replace some of those tiles with jumper plates to hold minifigs down?

Now that you mentioned that.. it indeed looks like it has rained.. well, at this moment, it is indeed raining here....!  yes, i have to replace some tiles with jumper plates, although.. if i can remove some tiles easily... the road will be filled with a few cars and cyclists... so for them, there is no need holding them down.... I hope the parkinglots are big enough for some Speed Champion cars... Well, in real life, those exotic cars are mostly very wide and long too...

5 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Well, in real life, those exotic cars are mostly very wide and long too...

Huh? That Ford GT40 for example is a dwarf, look at that: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ford_GT40_Gulf_Front.jpg

And most other Supercars are rather small, too, like that Porsche 918 Spyder:

Porsche-918-Spyder-fotoshowBig-feac8168-

(Beautiful lady, BTW....)

If you go by parts count, you don't get the best bang for your bucks if you buy a sports / super car :classic:

Speed Champions cars are a bit to oversize for a City layout, if you ask me.

Anyhow, great design of that tiled road!

Spoiler

PS: I'm wondering if there are more hotties like that one at the IAA... anyone got tickets or an invite for the next fair? :laugh:

Edited by Capparezza

That looks really good! Why don't you carry on the lines down the middle of the cycle lane (I think that's what it is) between the crossings?

On ‎24‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 8:29 PM, ColletArrow said:

That looks really good! Why don't you carry on the lines down the middle of the cycle lane (I think that's what it is) between the crossings?

Thanks, the reason why i did not carry on with the lines down the middle of the cycle lane is that the lane is 7 wide, so i could use 1x2 tiles in the middle and have 3 studs on both sides. At the crossing it is 8 wid though.. so i had to, either put tiles off centre, or leave them out.. I agree it would look better with a few dark tan 1x2 tiles, so i will see if i can add them later!

On ‎25‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 4:05 AM, NewTown said:

It looks so good! Really gives the town a finished feeling.

Yes, the square needed an access road and now i have to work out something for the trainstation... because the train no longer runs around the square.. i had to use the space for the buildings and the new road...

The road looks great.

Always been a fan of your layout (really love all the tiles!) and that road work just adds the next level.

Also enjoyed getting a look at your upsized Assembly square.