Hello everybody! It has been a while since I posted a picture of two MOCs.

800x450.jpg

In November 2016, I took those models and red Avtoros Shaman to Russia for participating in Lego event held in Moscow. It was an amazing trip. (You can see many pictures of the event on that topic.)

When I drove two models in the event, I found that each one had some problems on their chassis. So I started to fix them after coming back to Japan. It took too many hours to finish despite of minor modifications. The reason was that I happened to come up with another 4x4 idea during the work. (I will take a month to finish it...)

Anyway, I introduce two MOCs that helped me a lot to communicate with Russian builders. :classic:

AWD Pickup "Dacoma"

800x450.jpg

-Weight: 1090g

-2x L motors for 4x4 driving with three differentials

-Servo motor for steering

-Two speed gearbox (manual)

-Lockable center and rear differential (manual)

-LED for headlights

-Openable hood, doors with lock, tailgate

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The design was inspired by Toyota Tacoma. Also the strange name is an anagram of Madoca. It has independent suspension on front axle like many real pickup trucks do. I used hard shock absorbers on it because soft ones could not hold the weight even using two for each side. (There is the space left for extra shocks.) As a result, front suspension became a little bit too hard. The articulation of axles is mostly realized by softer rear suspension.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The model was made to go over obstacles on tough trial course in the event. In some situation, locked rear differential helped it to avoid from getting stuck. But it really suffered from low ground clearance and small articulation. And the torque of geared down hard-coupled L motors damaged bevel gears in central diff. I concluded that it could be a decent off roader, but never be a crawler.

I am making instructions. It will be available on Rebrickable.

800x450.jpg

Hatchback Type R

800x450.jpg

-Weight: 600g

-L motor for propulsion

-Servo motor for steering

-LED for headlights

-Front axle has positive caster angle

-Openable hood and roof

This small RWD Hatchback was made for speed racing of small cars. For propulsion, only one L motor was allowed to use by the regulation. The output is geared up 1:3 and meshed with old type differential gear. It is fun to drive on large and flat surface.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

I set front axle at positive caster angle for better straight line stability. But in real life, it did not work well. On the narrow race track, I could barely keep the model running straight. It had noticeable backlash on steering. Besides, controlling fast car via touch panel of smartphone was not easy. Although I fully enjoyed the race, my driving skill surely seemed shockingly bad to Russian builders! :cry_sad:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Building instructions available at Rebrickable!  :wink:

Edited by Madoca 1977

Amazing as always modica!!! I have always enjoyed seeing your technical frameworks with such clean and well thought out bodywork. Both are amazing!:wub:  

Both model saw alive. Very complex pickup chassis with beautiful body as always.

And small hatchback is also nice designed car. Fast and simple to play with.

Love them, for me the most appealing feature (and the way You solved) are the locks for the differentials. I like that they are manual, and the 3 shifter in the middle consol is just like in reality. :thumbup:

The shape of the Hatchback is just beautiful :wub:, it would be great as a manual model too (idea: combined with the annyversary chassis remake - even if it is slightly larger scaled).

Edited by agrof

I must say that i am amazed with the level of functionality of the pick-up truck, it is really amazing, 2 differential locks and a 2 speeds gearbox in such small model and they work perfectly, and even having all those functions you managed to add a modest but cool interior and those levers are a great addition too (considering that they actually have a function), i really like how it performs, the suspension works very good; the hatchback car is really cool too, is like a rocket, and is so detailed with a nice interior, i like that it even has positive caster angle, and despite it maybe didn't worked perfectly, i think it is okay for such fast and small model, for me both models are truly masterpieces, they perform very good, 2 nice and outstanding models, nice work on them and thanks for sharing.

I have been waiting for this ever since I saw that first photo! These are excellent models, but the functions on the truck are great, especially the diff locks. Good speed from the hatchback as well, neat car with the addition of caster angle. :thumbup:

Fantastic creations. I especially like the control levers in the pickup. The "speeder" seems relly fun to play with. Maybe I am not too fond of the colours, bu that's just me :-)

Very-very beautiful MOCs! I'm sure almost everybody from this Technic forum like to built both!
Thank you Madoca for the photos!

Edited by Aleh

Realy cool MOCs. 

P.S But You have to do something with those axles popping out of rims ...

5.5 with stop is uniqe and only axle that is good for car's axles. You can change wheels and axle is always on its place. You can use 5L or 4L axle instead, but it will be not so strong as with 5.5 stop axle. Or you can cut 5.5 axle to 4-4,5

I love that hatchback- its neat appearance, the speed, the clever designed drivetrain and caster angle at the front axle. Too bad the performance of the steering is affected as much... Anyway, I think you don´t really need that trophy :grin:!

1 hour ago, rm8 said:

5.5 with stop is uniqe and only axle that is good for car's axles. You can change wheels and axle is always on its place. You can use 5L or 4L axle instead, but it will be not so strong as with 5.5 stop axle. Or you can cut 5.5 axle to 4-4,5

I don't see, that he used those axles. Maybe for pickup but not for hatchback

Thank you, builders! Your comments always give me the power to build next MOC! :laugh:

Building instructions of Hatchback is now available at Rebrickable.

16 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Fantastic creations. I especially like the control levers in the pickup. The "speeder" seems relly fun to play with. Maybe I am not too fond of the colours, bu that's just me :-)

As for Pickup, putting three manual levers between seats was the alternative to motorizing those functions.

The color scheme of Hatchback body was decided by possible combinations of panels in my parts inventory. Funny thing is, the rear orange curved panel was took from 42056 set. In a way this small car costed more than GT3 RS... :devil:

Amazing MOCs from master Madoca! Complex inside and beautiful outside as always. Waiting for an updated/another 4x4 model. 

Amazing pickup truck again Madoca! :wub: You have such a good eye for proportions, it really lifts your models from the rest of us...

The hatchback is bit too colourfull for my taste. Also the use of ribbed hoses to form the outline doesn't strike a chord with me. Other than that it is a lovely little car with some very clean curves in such a small package:thumbup:

I'm doing my best to find the pieces for the hatchback! Beautiful work! The speed is from just one L-motor!? Crazy!

Great to see some new MOCs from you! Always at top level in every aspect.

The pick-up is really neat and have great performances, the type R is a bit too F&F for my taste (in the color scheme), but seems to be very funny to drive!

Great job as always!:thumbup::thumbup:

I just finished the hatchback. I made some slight color alterations, because the original color-scheme was a little too 'rainbow' for my taste. It performs wonderfully smooth. Driving it was just as fun as I imagined. Really recommended creation. And thanks @Madoca 1977 for the instructions :thumbup: :classic:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

11 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

have you given lepin permission for making your mocs into sets?

Of course not. But they didn't care. :distressed:
I really dislike their so-called products. Annoyingly they've demotivated me again and again.
What makes me sad is seeing dirty pictures on our beloved Lego community. So please, please don't post images.