TheLegoExperience

superhero Need Help with Odd Robin Head

3kvIAWE.jpg

This Robin head is not within any databases on Lego, BL, or anywhere else; and it really has me perplexed. I bought this one off this site not too long ago. It definitely is legitimate, it has the Lego stamp and doesn't show obvious signs of being a bootleg, and the one I own came straight from Lego. Though I thought it originally to be unique, through some research though I've found two other instances of it; one was even found in a set. I need to know if anyone else has found it by any off chance? I really want to know if this is some test/variant head Lego used, and just how uncommon it is.

That's from the Juniors set with Batman, Joker and the Batcave I believe

Here's evidence;

33 minutes ago, Robianco said:

This video has the same face on the Defend the Batcave Robin at 1.04:

Thank you! This adds up to 4 occurrences found so far. By seeing how easy it is to find these, there are probably at least a few more out there! And every one was from Defend the Batcave so far, so I know for sure it came in that set.

Edit: 5 found now!

This review from this year has the head at around 7:38.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

Very interesting! Does it have the regular smiling face on the other side?

Ok... Now i need this variant that i didn't know existed 10 minutes ago!

Edited by Mat099

4 hours ago, Mat099 said:

Very interesting! Does it have the regular smiling face on the other side?

Ok... Now i need this variant that i didn't know existed 10 minutes ago!

Yep, sure does! I'll warn you though, this variant does seem to be quite elusive.

43 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

So some "defend the batcaves" had the normal two sides head and some have this two sided head? Because my set surely had the normal head. 

Most do, it is odd to say the least. The distribution off the head seems to be very low compared to the normal head.

41 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Ok, i just looked as i have two copies of 10672 and both have this "rare" head now i need to acquire a regular one.

Really? Can you take a picture of the two, as I'm trying to keep a record of all instances.

Also, around what time did you get the sets? It seems to be that this head was released much later in the sets lifespan (Which would be why most reviews don't have it, since they're usually done close to when the set is released).

sure, Here you go

RobinLego_zpsicplhgcl.jpg

As you can see one is loose and one is still sealed in the bags, i dont really know when they would have come out  as i think i got both off of Ebay at different times

Edited by Mattallica