QwikBricks

LEGO Star Wars Landspeeder Comparison (2017 vs 2014)

Two LEGO Star Wars "Luke's Landspeeder" models within three years. A comparison of set 75173 (2017) versus Set 75052 (as part of the 2014 Mos Eisley Cantina). 

The 2017 version is better, but I wish the red cones they used to cap off the engines weren't so prominent. On the actual vehicle, that dark red is just a ring around the outer edge near the exhaust port, not a giant block that covers the whole thing.

I think its worth noting that the 2017 is one of the most overpriced sets to date, costing almost half as much as the entire cantina set.

Edited by Magmafrost

5 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

I think its worth noting that the 2017 is one of the most overpriced sets to date, costing almost half as much as the entire cantina set.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

One of the reasons I don't like the set. :angry::thumbdown:

It's too cheap to pass up. Superb addition to the lego SW collection, and I do have the Cantina set, and the landspeeder set prior to that one !   Desert skiff is reduce now too on Amazon uk.   It's got to be done ! :laugh:

I think one's local price of this set determines whether it's worth an upgrade from 75052.  15 British pounds does seem really cheap, and the 2017 version is clearly superior (to my mind), but it's not superior enough to warrant a repurchase.  I mean, the model has undergone very few cosmetic changes since the one in the Mos Eisley Cantina from 2003.  They've just about perfected the design.  For those who have yet to buy a Landspeeder, this is a great chance, but I still think that Obi-Wan figure looks lazy and awful (and the box art doesn't do it any favors).

Thanks for the comparison!  :thumbup: