manglegrat

SHIP recreation - EAS Agamemnon from Babylon 5

This is awesome. Too expensive for me to build. Might have to set aside some money each month. Might have enough by the time i retire. :D

I think I spent around AUD$300 on my build, with about 85% coming from local resellers, and the rest from Bricklink. Luckily I have a contact that sells recycled Lego by weight, which no doubt saved me considerable money. I also had most of the internal framing pieces in my existing stocks. If memory serves, the parts that were the most troublesome to find were some of the detailing/greebling pieces (like the Ingot tile) and the Dark Blue 3x3 Cone pieces. Those are easily found in Black, which is an acceptable substitute.

You're serious Captain_Quinn.... WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL 1st JUNE...... But it won't be possible. I'd like teaser but not this time :damn:

I'm really happy for that release book and also pleased that you could have found time for yourself.

See you on 1st June :classic:

@Captain_Quinn. This is amazing. This is something I really want to build.  Sorry but since I'm new I can't msg directly, can I ask a question re your Macross bricklink stuff?  By any chance have you ever seen diakoncats armor or ever seen instructions for it.  I have no talent for design but am also working on building a veritech collection.  I've built two so far and really want to build that armor set but no instructions seem to exist and diakoncat , I think, isn't around anymore.  Would you have any info?

Sure... The Macross/Robotech models are an ongoing work-in-progress. Every so often I turn my attention to them to try solve any shortcomings the designs have. I'm pretty sure there's a WIP thread for this that has sat idle for a while. Might be a good time to resurrect that particular thread, and the project around it.

As for Daikoncat and his instructions... no idea what's happening there. His design was the primary inspiration for my reverse engineered version, but that's about as far as it went.

Hey everyone. I found this thread recently. A friend of mine sent me a possibility to buy this ship from someone on Alibaba and I thought, let’s have a look, if someone has some instruction manual. I‘m a big fan of Babylon since many years and I like the whole Lego stuff, especially after my bigger daughter startet to like it too. Long story short: is there any manual available and the option to get this? Because what I saw so far is really incredible. I don’t have much time, so it would be with any manual a long term project for me. 

Hi @Molari, yep... instructions are still available as a digital donation-ware package as the above post states. If you have any questions about suitable charities, please email me at tdmocs@gmail.com.

On another note, and existing recipients of these instructions are already aware, an affordable Print-on-Demand option has become available. I'm currently taking expressions of interest for anyone that wants a perfect-bound hardcover full color copy of these instructions. Expected costs at this stage are around AUD$90-$100 + P&H (which will be dependent on where you are in the world). Depending on numbers, that cost may come down, but at this stage, that's the most it will cost if I get enough interest to make it worth pursuing.

For anyone interested in the hardcover print version, again, email me at tdmocs@gmail.com.

2 hours ago, Captain_Quinn said:

Hi @Molari, yep... instructions are still available as a digital donation-ware package as the above post states. If you have any questions about suitable charities, please email me at tdmocs@gmail.com.

On another note, and existing recipients of these instructions are already aware, an affordable Print-on-Demand option has become available. I'm currently taking expressions of interest for anyone that wants a perfect-bound hardcover full color copy of these instructions. Expected costs at this stage are around AUD$90-$100 + P&H (which will be dependent on where you are in the world). Depending on numbers, that cost may come down, but at this stage, that's the most it will cost if I get enough interest to make it worth pursuing.

For anyone interested in the hardcover print version, again, email me at tdmocs@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot. Haven‘t had a look on the image before. Sounds like a good deal. 

12 hours ago, Finn from Farley Flats said:

First Time Poster, but not a first time builder.  Hoping that @Captain_Quinn 's offer still stands.  Will be emailing donation proof to your email.  Thanks in advance - really love the work!

Welcome aboard... and yeah, offer is still open and valid. If the situation changes so that I can't maintain this, I'll release for free on Rebrickable or some other platform, with the recommendation that anyone downloading donate to a charity.

Cheers, @Enfurnoh... "Acheron", very cool! Not only one of the Omega's that survived the civil war, but also the ship that ferried Captain Lochley to B5 when she took command.

Glad you like the design, and enjoyed the build. And thanks again for donating to the charity you chose :thumbup:

Greetings,
I wanted to introduce you to my Omega class which I have thoroughly redesigned. She is my favorite ship in scifi, but there are some areas in the design that I don't like e.g. the shape of the rotation section, the open design in many places etc.

So there she is:

The EAS Nautilus, the first ship of the new Omega class 2.0 (or Omega-Y i don't know). It is state of the art and has many proven components from the other known ship classes combined in it:
Omega - the basic design
Nova - many additional new weapons
Omega-X - The tentacles at the head and at the back where the engines start. Here, however, they have been given a practical function: There are more weapons in the front and 2 heavy docked attack ships in the back. I got the idea from the pirate ship that was in an episode of the series.
Warlock - More armor especially around the missile silo area and the engine section. The Aegis main gun here mounted as a large gun in the back. 2 additional engines, making it as fast and maneuverable as the swanky Warlock. also it now has artificial gravity everywhere.

I ordered the decals for it on ebay, but after almost 2 months they are still not there. Also thanks to the great info and ideas here on the forum, some of which I have adopted.

P.s. I am German and my English is very poor. Therefore I use www.deepl.com. I hope you understand me anyway. Greetings from Germany :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K4Ragm1i00tNlHBZoK0uk78dG-QS0oKU?usp=sharing

On 6/26/2021 at 5:09 AM, Sanyoh said:

Greetings,

Hi @Sanyoh! I like your additions to the Omega design (particularly the centre section) - nice pics! :sweet::thumbup: