@LDigital - I still have my BL wanted list before I checked my own stock and created w new WL for the balance back in the day. 

Quick search gets me £295 for the majority of the parts (any condition) from UK sellers (exc P&P or using Lego BnP).  No UK stock of the windscreens, but a dutch seller has them at £12 a pop, so thats another £24.  So figure £320 plus p&p.

Back in August 17 (wow that long ago....) I think I had about a third of the parts and managed to get in early on the rarer parts in the UK for about £170.

Prices people are asking for on ebay etc are....well....indeed.... 

Edited by Hold0511

Wow, so around £1000 for the manual then…

I am a big mirko fan and have some manuals already so I understand the reason behind making each project a limited run, to ensure parts availability and keep them affordable.

However, At this point with scalp prices on manuals and initial demand for parts now probably subsided, I doubt a limited reprint at a profitable level for Mirko would create such a rush in parts to make the models unaffordable again, considering what the aftermarket cost of the manuals now is, it would still undoubtedly be cheaper for the end user.  I think it’s sad fellow enthusiasts will be forever priced out of these amazing models

13 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

@LDigital - I still have my BL wanted list before I checked my own stock and created w new WL for the balance back in the day. 

Quick search gets me £295 for the majority of the parts (any condition) from UK sellers (exc P&P or using Lego BnP).  No UK stock of the windscreens, but a dutch seller has them at £12 a pop, so thats another £24.  So figure £320 plus p&p.

Back in August 17 (wow that long ago....) I think I had about a third of the parts and managed to get in early on the rarer parts in the UK for about £170.

Prices people are asking for on ebay etc are....well....indeed.... 

But who wants to build this Model with used parts??

Hard to find parts are also the 4 Black wheels in the engine.

I think you can calculate with 700-800 eur All New parts.

cheers

stefan

2 hours ago, treffer21 said:

cheers

stefan

I did - looks absolutely fine.

The most important are the white parts. If they are not yellowed, the model will look just as great.

For the 4 black wheels, I think it would be possible to replace them with dark bluish gray ones without affecting too much the look of the build.

4 hours ago, treffer21 said:

cheers

stefan

I did build it with used parts, it still looks great. It doesn't need to be shiny and sometimes it even gives a nice feeling like "this ship did fly". Same thing on Mirko's K-2SO and Tie, used parts only, mostly from my stock, awesome look.

I've got to ask: Has anyone tried replacing the black parts (engines, thrusters and front grille) with light or dark bluish gray?

If I'm not mistaken the ship in the movie is gray-ish in these areas. I know that not all parts exist in these colors, but after checking around on bricklink I can replace the engines with dark bluish gray and the thrusters with mostly light bluish gray. The grilles are the big problem since 88646 (Tile, Modified 3 x 4 with 4 Studs in Center) doesn't exist in dark bluish gray and I'm not sure if it would look good in light bluish gray.

Has anyone done a color mod for this?

24 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

I've got to ask: Has anyone tried replacing the black parts (engines, thrusters and front grille) with light or dark bluish gray?

If I'm not mistaken the ship in the movie is gray-ish in these areas. I know that not all parts exist in these colors, but after checking around on bricklink I can replace the engines with dark bluish gray and the thrusters with mostly light bluish gray. The grilles are the big problem since 88646 (Tile, Modified 3 x 4 with 4 Studs in Center) doesn't exist in dark bluish gray and I'm not sure if it would look good in light bluish gray.

Has anyone done a color mod for this?

Well I know many people replaced the expensive black wheels inside the reactors by dark bluish ones, way cheaper (black ones could be found in very few sets like in the Pirate of Caribbean theme). I’m sure many other parts could be replaced by dark bluish ones without ruining the design. I think the main look is defined by the white and blue parts, the engines could be easily modified according to the parts availability. That’s my humble opinion.

9 hours ago, Ludo SAVONNIERE said:

Well I know many people replaced the expensive black wheels inside the reactors by dark bluish ones, way cheaper (black ones could be found in very few sets like in the Pirate of Caribbean theme). I’m sure many other parts could be replaced by dark bluish ones without ruining the design. I think the main look is defined by the white and blue parts, the engines could be easily modified according to the parts availability. That’s my humble opinion.

Yup I did this until I could source the 4 black wheels - it looked fine, so I would think using DBG overall would also look good - your spot on the white / blue combo is the main visuals so should be fine.

22 hours ago, treffer21 said:

cheers

stefan

I initially built it with mostly second hand parts......looked terrible. 

I would always try and go for new pieces with white lego. Black and DBG second hand is fine.

Hi All. I have the U-Project instructions with numbered tile and new sticker sheet available for sale. Let me know if you are interested.

53 minutes ago, Mtnracer said:

Hi All. I have the U-Project instructions with numbered tile and new sticker sheet available for sale. Let me know if you are interested.

I am! 

Hi Mntracer,

in that case I'm interested :-)
could you send me a message?

regards,

joris

Hi Mtnracer, 

Was curious if you still had the U-project instructions available for sale. Let me know if there still up for grabs. Thanks! 
-Frank

I'm 23 pieces away from starting this build and am really looking forward to it.

I'm doing them in the wrong order, but that's just the way things fell. Completed the TS first, this will be next followed by the K, and then the B.

Hopefully the TR will be out by then.

I’m considering selling my book only. What’s the price of it going for now?

59 minutes ago, Naixin said:

I’m considering selling my book only. What’s the price of it going for now?

Put it on eBay and let the market decide.

50 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

eBay says the seller pulled the listing due to an error.

I believe he sold it on a Facebook groups instead. 

I also have an instruction manual for sale if interested. Email at wesley.e.gunn@us.abb.com.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:10 AM, Maestro gedi said:

Hi, I have the U-Project instructions available for sale.

PM if you are interested.

For how much? 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:19 AM, wgunn said:

I also have an instruction manual for sale if interested. Email at wesley.e.gunn@us.abb.com.

Sent you an email