7 hours ago, Rob0 said:

I got them in dark gray as well, but there's really no need to paint them in my opinion. The parts are inside the engines, and although they can be seen from the front, dark gray doesn't look off at all in that place (and it's dark in there anyway).

I confirm that the black wheels 33211 can be safely replaced with the Dark Gray color. The color difference is irrelevant once the four engines have been assembled.

Hi Mirko

I've sent an email through your website, I hope it's not to late to purchase your wonderful book. I'd love to build your UCS U-Wing ^^.

Looking forward to your answer

Ludovic.

Questions about the lucky ones who already got their U-Project book:

- How long did it takes to receive the book?

- If someone ordered all the bricks on BL what would be an estimation of the cost to gather it?

- Are there any bricks that are difficult to find/expensive or that we could replace with other ones/other colors?

I really hope I'll be able to buy the book ^^

Cheers all

Hi Ludo,

Welcome to the forum.  It you search back through the topic you will find some ideas of cost from people who have built the MOC - it does depend on: i) what pieces you already have ii) your sourcing approach and location and iii) if your buying new or used bricks.   You will also find some possible swap out pieces (engine and some internals etc) 

I received my manual within about 10 tens but it does depend on how busy Mirko is day job wise.

4 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Hi Ludo,

Welcome to the forum.  It you search back through the topic you will find some ideas of cost from people who have built the MOC - it does depend on: i) what pieces you already have ii) your sourcing approach and location and iii) if your buying new or used bricks.   You will also find some possible swap out pieces (engine and some internals etc) 

I received my manual within about 10 tens but it does depend on how busy Mirko is day job wise.

Thanks for the answer, I was wondering if that Topic was still alive ;)

Well I hope I could get one book. There's just a "Send Email" button on his website but no idea how much books he has left. I'll wait to be sure to get the book before starting to look after the parts and figures.

I sent an email about a week or two ago, but haven't received an answer yet. Not sure if it reached you guys, so I'll just write here. Would love to get the instructions for this one, I hope I'm not too late. Let me know what I need to do. :)

On 9/27/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ludo SAVONNIERE said:

Thanks for the answer, I was wondering if that Topic was still alive ;)

Well I hope I could get one book. There's just a "Send Email" button on his website but no idea how much books he has left. I'll wait to be sure to get the book before starting to look after the parts and figures. 

8 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I sent an email about a week or two ago, but haven't received an answer yet. Not sure if it reached you guys, so I'll just write here. Would love to get the instructions for this one, I hope I'm not too late. Let me know what I need to do. :) 

Hello everyone, I apologize for the delay in responding but I was traveling to Denmark and I came back this week. As soon as I have a moment I will reply to the emails with all the details. Thanks so much

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hello everyone, I apologize for the delay in responding but I was traveling to Denmark and I came back this week. As soon as I have a moment I will reply to the emails with all the details. Thanks so much

No worries, at least I know you got it. Looking forward to hearing from you, but no rush. :)

can anyone who has already built this, pls let me know if the black boat weight brick used in the first few pages can be seen clearly in the final build? Finding 2 of the black pieces is a little expensive, but I have red ones that are an option that I wouldn't hesitate using if they don't show.

Thanks in advance.

Still collecting the parts from my stock, damn it takes a while! I'll start ordering parts soon, some are not usual ones there's no chance I can find them at home, some others are needed is such a big amount it's hard to have enough :(

Anyway my little 2x2 plate for Blue Squadron is #549 if I read right the numbers ;)

LudoS.

19 hours ago, Riotvale said:

can anyone who has already built this, pls let me know if the black boat weight brick used in the first few pages can be seen clearly in the final build? Finding 2 of the black pieces is a little expensive, but I have red ones that are an option that I wouldn't hesitate using if they don't show.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Riotvale, if you mean the two pieces nr. 73090b on page 26 I can confirm that you can replace them with red pieces. Once the assembly is finished, they will not be visible.

5 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi Riotvale, if you mean the two pieces nr. 73090b on page 26 I can confirm that you can replace them with red pieces. Once the assembly is finished, they will not be visible.

Thank you very much M.S

Appreciate it!

Your other kits both have a recommended set to get to pick up a significant portion of the pieces- or the rare pieces. Is there a recommended buy for this set? The Kessel Run falcon looks like it has a good number according to Rebrickable, but the other recommendations there are all huge purchases in their own right. 

Edited by TwoSolitudes

3 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Your other kits both have a recommended set to get to pick up a significant portion of the pieces- or the rare pieces. Is there a recommended buy for this set? The Kessel Run falcon looks like it has a good number according to Rebrickable, but the other recommendations there are all huge purchases in their own right.  

My advice is to buy an official set
- For U-Project buy the 75155
- For TS-Project to buy the 75179
- For B-Project buy the 75188
For the remaining pieces use bricklink and "pick a brick" service on lego.com

Hi. Just received the instructions from Mirko.  They are so great.

Now I'm starting sourcing all the parts from my stock before going on PAB and Bricklink. 

For those of you who have built it already, how do you display the U wing? On its landing gear or on its stand?

Other than the red parts which can be whatever colors, the boat weights which can be red and the black wheel that you can change to DBG, is there smart part or color choice to reduce the bill?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Space_jaco said:

Now I'm starting sourcing all the parts from my stock before going on PAB and Bricklink. 

For those of you who have built it already, how do you display the U wing? On its landing gear or on its stand?

Other than the red parts which can be whatever colors, the boat weights which can be red and the black wheel that you can change to DBG, is there smart part or color choice to reduce the bill?

Thanks!

Hi , I've got mine displayed on its landing gear......I didn't bother building the stand. It is displayed with wings in the closed position as when they are fully open the wingspan is just incredible...…..

I went for all new white parts as really wasn't happy with the older, sometimes slightly yellowed second hand parts on bricklink

2 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Thanks!

I initially displayed it with landing gear, however I have to move it every so often (dusting etc.) So I built the stand after. If you plan to move it around, it is much easier to use the stand. Moving it with the landing gear, causes them to fall off (unless your very careful, or glue em!) 

22 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Thanks! 

Hi Space_jaco I'm glad you like my work and I thank you for the compliments. My advice for buying the pieces is this. As for the white parts, it is better to buy new ones as well as the glasses. The other colored parts you can buy safely used. As for the rare pieces I usually do an evaluation of what I can change with an alternative color that is less expensive. With the instruction manual at hand it will be easy to check where the pieces are to be installed and if it is possible and acceptable to vary the color.

Just bought mine a few days ago. So it's probably still available. Btw congrats for the instruction book. Even better than an official lego book! Now, I have to find find all the pieces before starting assembling the set.

32 minutes ago, Fievel1809 said:

Just bought mine a few days ago. So it's probably still available. Btw congrats for the instruction book. Even better than an official lego book! Now, I have to find find all the pieces before starting assembling the set.

Same here. Got all my bricklink orders, waiting my Lego shop pick a brick and Brick and Pieces which should arrive soon

Btw it is worth doing your homework checking prices between bricklink and Brick and Pieces as some pieces are less expensive their as new than used on BL (technic axle 32 for example, large wheels...)

On 4/17/2019 at 3:58 AM, gottabekd said:

@StarBricks Hi Mirko, wondering if there are still instructions available for this masterpiece? thanks! 

Yes, I still have a few copies. If you are interested send me an email from my site. Thank you

www.starbricks.net

On 6/16/2017 at 1:42 PM, DJMatt said:

Hello Mirko,

The chinese brand LEPIN works together with MOC Creators and they realese an official set with the license of the creator.

Here some information:

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-builders-speak-out-on-selling-their-designs-to-xingbao/

https://www.brickfinder.net/2017/04/08/china-bricks-company-officially-making-afol-designed-sets/

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-chinese-brick-company-producing-afol-sets/

Maybe it was an opportunity for you, also to prevent that your creation will be stolen.

However, I hope that you soon release your instructions for this wonderful Lego Creation.

No. I dont want chinese with cheap quality. Hope Lego will have more models. 

2 hours ago, mrblock said:

No. I dont want chinese with cheap quality. Hope Lego will have more models. 

Seriously. Recommending Lepin should result in an automatic ban from this site.