1 hour ago, iv-tecman said:

ooh I message the creator to buy this awesome MOC and I under estimated how much it would be to buy the instructions let alone the bricks. 

Its an amazing model, I think one of the best MOC's of a very uncommon Lego model ever made. The attention to detail is amazing. I get paid in 10 days, I might just treat myself to the book, and get the bricks over time like I do when I tend to brick link models. It took me a good few months to collect the bricks for a Death Star II .. So anything is possible.

But kudos to the designer. Amazing MOC.

Thanks so much! I'm glad my MOC likes you. These days I'm working on the next project ...

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Thanks so much! I'm glad my MOC likes you. These days I'm working on the next project ...

can't wait for the 7th Feb.  Hope its Krennic Shuttle!

I decided to purchase all new bricks to build mine.  Here are some photos of the finished MOC, I have to agree with everyone else that the instructions were amazing!  The included file for the parts purchase from bricklink made that almost effortless as well.  Thank you Mirko for sharing this!

37453051834_c9ce90498c_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163009741_6808f189d5_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

37453048304_fb2c16e51b_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163006011_cb68d96755_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163003231_9bb23ef21e_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

17 hours ago, Freezingvettes99 said:

I decided to purchase all new bricks to build mine.  Here are some photos of the finished MOC, I have to agree with everyone else that the instructions were amazing!  The included file for the parts purchase from bricklink made that almost effortless as well.  Thank you Mirko for sharing this!

37453051834_c9ce90498c_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163009741_6808f189d5_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

37453048304_fb2c16e51b_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163006011_cb68d96755_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

38163003231_9bb23ef21e_c.jpgStar Bricks U-Wing by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Compliments!! Welcome to the "blue squadron"!!

Mirko

Having built mine (and really love it) and after watching the movie again, I wonder if the UCS Snowspeeder windshield might make a better fit for the underside, somehow?

17 hours ago, TemjinStrife said:

Having built mine (and really love it) and after watching the movie again, I wonder if the UCS Snowspeeder windshield might make a better fit for the underside, somehow?

In my view no. It is too wide and the tilt is incorrect. Then it would be necessary to redesign the front of the hull. Side air intakes would be scaled down and become too small.

So could someone tell me what are the rarest or most expensive parts? What boat weights are used? A list of all parts would really be welcome. It does not spoil anything or harms the effort of the designer, but it gives me an idea what to expect...

Edited by merman

On 23/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, merman said:

So could someone tell me what are the rarest or most expensive parts? What boat weights are used? A list of all parts would really be welcome. It does not spoil anything or harms the effort of the designer, but it gives me an idea what to expect...

There are no very rare parts and the average to buy pieces varies between 0.10 and 0.15 euros per piece. It depends a lot on your research and purchasing skills and depends on whether you want only new or used parts. The total cost varies from 300 to 450 euros as confirmed by some people who built it. If you are very loose at home, you will probably spend less. Also all the red pieces that you find in the instructions you can replace them with any color because they are not in sight.

are there still instructions available?

would be very interested in it. or have all been sold, which would be a pity.

47 minutes ago, Slawars said:

are there still instructions available?

would be very interested in it. or have all been sold, which would be a pity.

I still have a few copies. Write me an email from my website: www.starbricks.net

13 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

I still have a few copies. Write me an email from my website: www.starbricks.net

already wrote 2 mails about your homepage starbricks. I'll try it again soon ...

I have written a new mail

Edited by Slawars

10 hours ago, Slawars said:

already wrote 2 mails about your homepage starbricks. I'll try it again soon ...

I have written a new mail

mail has arrived. Thank you...
Edited by Slawars

17 hours ago, StarBricks said:

There are no very rare parts and the average to buy pieces varies between 0.10 and 0.15 euros per piece. It depends a lot on your research and purchasing skills and depends on whether you want only new or used parts. The total cost varies from 300 to 450 euros as confirmed by some people who built it. If you are very loose at home, you will probably spend less. Also all the red pieces that you find in the instructions you can replace them with any color because they are not in sight.

As Mirko says no rare parts.  The most expensive piece was the canopy that was about £5. I had a large inventory so already had 50% of the bricks and it cost me about £120 to source the remaining bricks. If you can pick up a cheap version of the Lego U-wing set then that will provide you with a lot of parts, including the canopy and also you get a few of the minifigures.  It’s a great set and actually outshines a lot of the official UCS sets from Lego

how long did you build it until it was finally finished.

It is a very nice and beautiful model. you could almost fall in love :-D

PS. have sent you my data and I'm looking forward to the U-wing.

grr I have ordered all pieces, but my biggest 2000 piece order was sent back by Dutch mail to the seller. No idea why! When will you update this list of pilots Mirko?

On 9/2/2018 at 10:41 PM, merman said:

... When will you update this list of pilots Mirko?

I've also sent my registration for the Blue Squadron. Any news on that?

By the way, can you recap what the Blue Squadron's tasks/benefits will be?

On 12/2/2018 at 9:57 AM, spirogero said:

I've also sent my registration for the Blue Squadron. Any news on that?

By the way, can you recap what the Blue Squadron's tasks/benefits will be?

I apologize for the delay but these days I am very busy with work. As soon as I have some time I will update the list.
The benefit of the drivers list? If a "death starr" arrives in Earth orbit you will all be called up to arms!!   :-)

14 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

I apologize for the delay but these days I am very busy with work. As soon as I have some time I will update the list.

No problem. Take your time.

14 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

... If a "death starr" arrives in Earth orbit you will all be called up to arms!!

I think I have to practice my low attitude approach technique. Working on it... :wink:

I just finished building it and here are my thoughts:

- it is reallt really impressive and huge with some interesting building techniques

- the different angles of the fuselage are amazing and so is the technique used for the sliding doors

- the engines, that use about 1/3 of all the pieces are my favorite part, amazing cylinder shape and very impressive

i would highly recommend getting it and Mirko put a lot of thought and care into it.

A few parts could use some improvement, mainly because they are a bit flimsy: the doors, seats and landing gear fall off quite easily. Also, it is quite hard putting the sides into place, because of 7 hinges that need to click in sync.

I spent about €500 for all new parts, shipping included. It does help Lego has started to produce the 6 x 8 Technic frames in white again (these are in the Taj Mahal 10256).

Edited by merman

21 hours ago, djtsmith007 said:

Hey @StarBricks just following up to my email i sent through your website. Just want to make sure you go it

Hi @djtsmith007 I replied. Sorry for the delay

9sPTAA6h.jpg

oNSpQ8Zh.jpg

mVL2cMgh.jpg

X8tqjuoh.jpg

U2iCqITh.jpg

All done....Fantastic model......favourite part to build was the engines.

Edited by Hunter003