Page 107 now, its good fun and an enjoyable build.  I've removed the sliding doors for now as it makes handling the body easier especially when pushing the Topside sections in.

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Page 107 now, its good fun and an enjoyable build.  I've removed the sliding doors for now as it makes handling the body easier especially when pushing the Topside sections in.

Yes, right. If you look at pages 42 and 44 I put a note where I recommend mounting the doors in the end  ;-)

I've gotten through the fuselage and engines; all that's left is the wings and attaching the engines. Will finish after the honeymoon. 

Really fun build; so far the only parts that were tricky were getting the doors to sit right (they still tend to lean outwards somewhat and fall off easily), some of the joining of larger sections (there are limited points where you can place pressure on large flat constructions) and putting the sticker on the cockpit. However, it looks great and I love how all of the bulkhead plates lock in place (even the plates on either side of the lower windscreen); no flopping around or wiggling!

Also the use of the boat weights to balance the construction is really well done.

Edited by TemjinStrife

6 hours ago, TemjinStrife said:

I've gotten through the fuselage and engines; all that's left is the wings and attaching the engines. Will finish after the honeymoon. 

Really fun build; so far the only parts that were tricky were getting the doors to sit right (they still tend to lean outwards somewhat and fall off easily), some of the joining of larger sections (there are limited points where you can place pressure on large flat constructions) and putting the sticker on the cockpit. However, it looks great and I love how all of the bulkhead plates lock in place (even the plates on either side of the lower windscreen); no flopping around or wiggling!

Also the use of the boat weights to balance the construction is really well done.

Good! I tried to make the structure as robust as possible. As for the cokpit stickers advice remove it to attack them.
Thanks for your review!

So, small update at the U-Wing. Today I got one of the missing parts, so I could build the inner structure.

Now only the engines are missing! This is what he looks like at the moment. (sorry for the picture quality, will post better pictures by the weekend)

gallery_8754_6681_368216.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_139187.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_140889.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_2485.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_99343.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_30313.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_48902.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_181194.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_69169.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_181295.jpg

Blue Squadron 107 reporting in...

Hello everyone!  I just joined the site so that I could join in on this thread.  I placed the orders for all the necessary parts for this build and am anxiously waiting for them to arrive so that I may begin building my own copy of this fantastic MOC Mirko has created.  I decided to use all new parts and sourced them from LEGO Pick a Brick, LEGO Bricks & Pieces and Bricklink.  All told, the parts cost me about $600 US dollars (the most expensive parts being the 2 canopy pieces and the 2 boat weights).  I’m looking forward to the build and having this model on display!

22 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Yes, right. If you look at pages 42 and 44 I put a note where I recommend mounting the doors in the end  ;-)

Doh! - too focused on the build to read the notes.....I was working away today and I'm already desperate to resume the build tomorrow....still it proves you where right to note it.

All finished. Man, this thing is massive! Very fun build process too, with a wide range of techniques and tricks. Very solidly put together, and a gorgeous end result.

This was also my first large-scale Bricklinked MOC, and Mirko's instructions definitely spoiled me.

Final thoughts:

- The engine builds are probably my favorite part. Durable, lots of detail, and look great.

- The wings are huge. Huge! No way I'd be able to display it with them deployed in a New York City office or apartment. As it is, I'm hoping the shelves in my office are wide enough to fit it in there . . .

- I love how durable it is. While not swooshable due to weight, you can pick it up and move it around without any issues, so long as you don't grab it by the doors. Much easier than the more recent UCS Snowspeeder. Also the modular construction means that it breaks down for transportation well.

- The instructions were great. Clear, easy to understand, and well-organized. There were a few things that were easier to do out of order (e.g., the 2x3 tiles with clips on the main structure (above the wing anchor points) that lock into the tiles on the bulkheads were easier to add after the bulkheads were in place, some of the areas where axles and Technic pieces meant that I had to do a little disassembly to fit everything together on the wings and the stand) but that is a tiny nit on maybe three steps out of hundreds.

- I love how few stickers there were, and despite the challenge in putting on the cockpit sticker, the end result looks fantastic (plus the sticker material is durable enough to survive a number of attempts to put it on properly).

I'll upload some pictures later.

All done - she looks fab - even if I somehow ordered the smaller wheels for the engines in DBG rather than black....hey ho.

Great build, really enjoyed it.  Minor points as per previous post on the viability of the smaller silver/light grey elements and some slight re-jigging but its nothing you don't figure out as you go.

Has to be one of my all time two best builds - this is up level with Anio's A-Wing as the two best SW Lego MOCs...

Fabulous!!!

On 12/9/2017 at 4:58 PM, TemjinStrife said:

All finished. Man, this thing is massive! Very fun build process too, with a wide range of techniques and tricks. Very solidly put together, and a gorgeous end result.

This was also my first large-scale Bricklinked MOC, and Mirko's instructions definitely spoiled me.

Final thoughts:

- The engine builds are probably my favorite part. Durable, lots of detail, and look great.

- The wings are huge. Huge! No way I'd be able to display it with them deployed in a New York City office or apartment. As it is, I'm hoping the shelves in my office are wide enough to fit it in there . . .

- I love how durable it is. While not swooshable due to weight, you can pick it up and move it around without any issues, so long as you don't grab it by the doors. Much easier than the more recent UCS Snowspeeder. Also the modular construction means that it breaks down for transportation well.

- The instructions were great. Clear, easy to understand, and well-organized. There were a few things that were easier to do out of order (e.g., the 2x3 tiles with clips on the main structure (above the wing anchor points) that lock into the tiles on the bulkheads were easier to add after the bulkheads were in place, some of the areas where axles and Technic pieces meant that I had to do a little disassembly to fit everything together on the wings and the stand) but that is a tiny nit on maybe three steps out of hundreds.

- I love how few stickers there were, and despite the challenge in putting on the cockpit sticker, the end result looks fantastic (plus the sticker material is durable enough to survive a number of attempts to put it on properly).

I'll upload some pictures later.

2 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

All done - she looks fab - even if I somehow ordered the smaller wheels for the engines in DBG rather than black....hey ho.

Great build, really enjoyed it.  Minor points as per previous post on the viability of the smaller silver/light grey elements and some slight re-jigging but its nothing you don't figure out as you go.

Has to be one of my all time two best builds - this is up level with Anio's A-Wing as the two best SW Lego MOCs...

Fabulous!!!

4 hours ago, syrhilla said:

Wonderful !

I order the leaflet, And I wait it impatiently 

Thanks so much!! I am very happy with these compliments! I will do my best even with my next project !!

6 hours ago, leeCTA said:

Just got my manual and cannot wait to build this beautiful work of art. Thanks Mirko!!

Thank you! Keep yourself informed about your progress.

All the red pieces can be replaced by any other color, please ? (tile 1x2 with grill also ) ?

I have not yet instructions, I have only the liste of pieces.

3 hours ago, syrhilla said:

All the red pieces can be replaced by any other color, please ? (tile 1x2 with grill also ) ?

I have not yet instructions, I have only the liste of pieces.

All red parts can be replaced except the 2x1 grids that are on the seats in the carling (they can be seen in open hatches).

I received the instructions ! thanks !

I'm blue squad 188, I send a email to join blue squadron .

Now I wait impatiently october to order parts (I estimate a cost of 300€ shipping included)

On ‎31‎-‎08‎-‎2017 at 9:18 AM, StarBricks said:

Who will come to Skærbæk Fan Weekend on September 23 and 24?

Unfortunatly I cannot visit Skærbæk Fan Weekend, as it collide with the WTC Warmahine/Horde event in Belgium :{

My wanted list on Bricklink is stuck at 99% now.

The very last shipment was missing a part  :sadnew: damn.

Guess that's just bad luck.

2 hours ago, SergeantP said:

Great piece of art Mirko! Are there any copies of the instructions left or are they already sold out?

Hello SergeantP! Thank you for your compliments. I still have very few copies of the instructions.

6 hours ago, StarBricks said:

The list of "Blue Squadron" riders on the site has been updated.
Next update this week!
www.starbricks.net

Ah! That reminds me to submit mine! Haha! Thanks @StarBricks

ooh I message the creator to buy this awesome MOC and I under estimated how much it would be to buy the instructions let alone the bricks. 

Its an amazing model, I think one of the best MOC's of a very uncommon Lego model ever made. The attention to detail is amazing. I get paid in 10 days, I might just treat myself to the book, and get the bricks over time like I do when I tend to brick link models. It took me a good few months to collect the bricks for a Death Star II .. So anything is possible.

But kudos to the designer. Amazing MOC.

Edited by iv-tecman