5 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Do we have an estimate on what total piece count would cost roughly. The price of the book does not bother mean the build is a work of art one of the nicest mocs I have ever seen Rough price would  be great so i  can see where i  stand.Thank you.

Just estimating due to how much the cargo shuttle cost, maybe 350-400 new and used parts?

2 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

^^^^ Thank you Recon  i was estimating 400 to 600  .I greatly appreciate the response. 

Glad to help :)

Hi Starbricks I haven't received an email after applying yet. Could it be that something went wrong and that I have to re-apply?

Could be because its the weekend and hes away. Likewise i sent him a message too and I'm sure he will get back to us soon enough.

Edited by KevinYoung

To the members complaining about the price of the manual consider this. Mirko has put an incredible amount of work into this. Not just the MOC but photography, graphics, sticker design, pre-press, production...the whole works. You are not only getting what Jack from Brickvault has described as "higher quality than Lego Ideas manuals" but essentially Mirko is licencing his talent/IP which is arguably worth much more than the physical manual itself. And if I had to guess, the production of a high quality manual in official Lego sets is likely one of their highest costs, particularly in limited run. I haven't seen anything like this shared with other AFOLs in the community previously. I understand the reactionary "sticker shock" at the price but all things considered I am just hoping I can get my hot little hands on a copy! 

7 minutes ago, Markalus said:

To the members complaining about the price of the manual consider this. Mirko has put an incredible amount of work into this. Not just the MOC but photography, graphics, sticker design, pre-press, production...the whole works. You are not only getting what Jack from Brickvault has described as "higher quality than Lego Ideas manuals" but essentially Mirko is licencing his talent/IP which is arguably worth much more than the physical manual itself. And if I had to guess, the production of a high quality manual in official Lego sets is likely one of their highest costs, particularly in limited run. I haven't seen anything like this shared with other AFOLs in the community previously. I understand the reactionary "sticker shock" at the price but all things considered I am just hoping I can get my hot little hands on a copy! 

This. When Mirko revealed the instructions and how high quality they were, I was expecting a price of 100+ euros, 59.99 is a small price to pay for this level of quality in my mind, and it's a price I'm willing to pay 

Edited by RogueRecon
Typo

I have no issue with the price what so ever, considering the work, time and effort that has gone into this project. I just cant wait to get me return email so I can pay my money and then the most important thing - I can start to build this incredible MOC.

Price is fine with me. Just can't wait to get my copy and start ordering the parts. I can see my technic 42025 cargo plane being sacrificed for this build.

Price is fine, As many others I cant wait to get a mail, and become a member of blue squadron. Have supported and build Peters AT-AT and Anio's Venator SD. This U-wing is amazing!

New AFOL here; signed up to also express my support and thanks to Mirko for making this MOC available. Hopefully Mirko (and the various stores) have enough stock to keep us building!

For someone who's never Bricklink-ed before: how difficult is it typically to get all of the parts for something like this?

12 minutes ago, TemjinStrife said:

New AFOL here; signed up to also express my support and thanks to Mirko for making this MOC available. Hopefully Mirko (and the various stores) have enough stock to keep us building!

For someone who's never Bricklink-ed before: how difficult is it typically to get all of the parts for something like this?

Without knowing the full part list it's hard to know. Not restricting yourself to new parts will help keep the cost down and IMO a mix of old and new parts would actually help to capture the "weathered" look, typical of Rebel fleet ships. Mirko has said he deliberately made the MOC with relatively common parts. However, with MOCs of this size some parts usually become scarce if no longer in production. This significantly increase the complexity & cost of obtaining all the required parts. For example, the most obvious (& essential) canopy piece, of which you need two for the U-wing, is out of stock at Lego bricks n pieces. Thus bricklink is the only option there. The current quantity average price for that particular part (new) on Bricklink is ~$8.20 USD. And if Mirko's MOC is as popular as it would appear to be then expect the price of that part to increase significantly as stock becomes more scarce. I've seen it happen with other MOCs that became popular. BB-8 was a great example when Episode VII was released...orange round plates 6x6 plates (with 2x2 cutout) skyrocketed on Bricklink. Classic supply & demand economics are at play here. 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, Sarbaek said:

Cool! That's pretty close to me and I will definetly be going as well. Looking forward to seeing your stuff in person!

Is that the canopy from the UCS Red-Five?

1 hour ago, Lahh001 said:

Is that the canopy from the UCS Red-Five?

If so luckily it's the same one used in the official u wing set 75155

31 minutes ago, fenix_2k1 said:

If so luckily it's the same one used in the official u wing set 75155

Yup its the under canopy in 75155 as well as the UCS R5.  

On 10/7/2017 at 1:27 AM, Markalus said:

Thanks Markalus .. I think you have understood the philosophy with which I wanted to do this manual. I tried to cut costs as much as possible but a production of this kind has very very high costs. My idea from the beginning was to create a quality MOC with a quality manual. I got the most out of it and now I'm ready for the next adventure ...
Join the empire ...

@StarBricks Thanks for the reply! I fully understand the amount of work being poured into this and the manual itself is a work of art!

Wondering when would we be receiving replies on how to go about ordering this?

Much thanks!

1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

Thanks Markalus .. I think you have understood the philosophy with which I wanted to do this manual. I tried to cut costs as much as possible but a production of this kind has very very high costs. My idea from the beginning was to create a quality MOC with a quality manual. I got the most out of it and now I'm ready for the next adventure ...
Join the empire ...

Thanks for the reply Mirko and congratulations again on an incredible project. I'm intrigued as to what the empire instalment might be. It looks like a 2018 release on your website so at least we have time to complete the U-wing first! 

@Azrielsc Perhaps check your junk folder mate? I received my confirmation email about 4 hours ago.

That being said, it's probably taking more time than anticipated to get emails sent to everyone as the demand is much higher than expected :)

Just now, bataleon said:

@Azrielsc Perhaps check your junk folder mate? I received my confirmation email about 4 hours ago.

That being said, it's probably taking more time than anticipated to get emails sent to everyone as the demand is much higher than expected :)

@bataleon Unfortunately, I have not received the email. Junk box is empty. :(

Got to be patient then! Maybe shipping to my corner of the world is a bit more expensive/difficult? :cry_sad:

Hi all.

I received an email today from Mirko. He has asked for patients as the demand is higher than he expected. Just be excited, your email will come!!

4 minutes ago, xmam123 said:

Hi all.

I received an email today from Mirko. He has asked for patients as the demand is higher than he expected. Just be excited, your email will come!!

Thanks @xmam123! Patience, I must have! :)

Got my email and replied to Mirko! Does anyone know if the .LDR parts lists can be downloaded on an iPad and uploaded to Bricklink from there, or will I need to do it on a PC?

2 hours ago, NorvernRob said:

Got my email and replied to Mirko! Does anyone know if the .LDR parts lists can be downloaded on an iPad and uploaded to Bricklink from there, or will I need to do it on a PC?

Did you get the .ldr file? I got the first email and replied to it, but no reply back yet