11 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Thanks so much! I am very excited because in September I will bring my skaerbaek fan weekend and I can not wait!

Cool! That's pretty close to me and I will definetly be going as well. Looking forward to seeing your stuff in person!

Hi Mirko,

I have been following this with great interest and an looking forward to adding your beautiful creation to my own collection! Are you able to provide any updates as to your instruction release date as there has been no communication for nearly 2 weeks now? Price does not concern me as I have no issue with paying creators for wonderful LEGO models and the kindness of people like yourself to share with the wider LEGO community.

Man, Lepin sure is hungry to get their hands on this instruction manual!

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Man, Lepin sure is hungry to get their hands on this instruction manual!

2 minutes ago, xmam123 said:

Comments like this are really disappointing!!! 

I'm considering the question ...

8 hours ago, xmam123 said:

Comments like this are really disappointing!!! 

I think the comment was a tongue in cheek response to all the new users suddenly clamouring for the instructions, no malice intended.

I put the demand down to this being an excellent moc that has inspired many people to sign up and ask the question rather than view as a guest.

4 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

I think the comment was a tongue in cheek response to all the new users suddenly clamouring for the instructions, no malice intended.

I put the demand down to this being an excellent moc that has inspired many people to sign up and ask the question rather than view as a guest.

Of course .. it is still the fact that the question "lepin" is very thorny. I can say this: I am already in the process of designing and I'm making the next MOC theme for Star Wars UCS and if I have to see my stolen projects it is better to abandon the idea of creating MOC and quality instructions.

Yes maybe I did take the comment the wrong way - I have been viewing as a guest since I first saw this fantastic MOC on "BrickVault" . It is still very disappointing for Mirko to have this hideous copy merchant waiting to steel something that they have no right too and dont feel the need to compensate the designer accordingly, as a result all of us REAL fans are now unlikely to get the opportunity to make this wonderful creation for ourselves!!

To you Mirko, I feel that every genuine LEGO fan would fully support your decision not to release your instructions if you so choose - I hope that one day we do get the chance to enjoy building you fantastic model

Kind Regards

Robert

Adelaide Australia 

I'm sorry if I came across as looking like I'm a part of lepin. It's actually quite sad that people have to fear Chinese cloners stealing their mocs nowadays, it's pretty messed up

if you choose not to release the instructions, I respect your decision. I was just hoping to add this specific moc to my collection. 

Just now, driving_that_train said:

Just require an ID or something before purchasing... if they're from China and not an established user then you know something's up.

That sounds reasonable, at the very least you know that the Lego fans who would go to that length to buy from you are more than likely the type with enough integrity to not go out and give out your hard work for free. I bought Renegadeclone's incredible Zeta Class moc a few weeks back and would never imagine bastardizing all his hard work. Hope that you're still open to sharing your design, this U-Wing is beautiful

StarBricks, I rarely if ever post on forums as I enjoy reading them far more than I like posting in them.  That being said, I wanted to voice my support for whatever you decide to do.  You are truly an artist and your Lego creations are works of beauty.  I like many others have been keeping an eye on your website in hopes that the instructions would become available.  Having your work plagiarized and stolen for a complete strangers financial gain is sadly nothing new.  Just in today's world it's become a global problem and some countries and cultures are notorious for doing it. I think what you've done so far in making a hard cover manual is smart in that at least you have some control over where it goes and adds a layer of difficulty for someone wanting to reproduce it.  I believe like others have said, the AFOL community stands behind MOC creations and would never steal another members work, if you choose to sell your instructions, know that those of us that get them will protect them.

Regards,

Alec

13 hours ago, Soggy Cheetoh said:

StarBricks, I rarely if ever post on forums as I enjoy reading them far more than I like posting in them.  That being said, I wanted to voice my support for whatever you decide to do.  You are truly an artist and your Lego creations are works of beauty.  I like many others have been keeping an eye on your website in hopes that the instructions would become available.  Having your work plagiarized and stolen for a complete strangers financial gain is sadly nothing new.  Just in today's world it's become a global problem and some countries and cultures are notorious for doing it. I think what you've done so far in making a hard cover manual is smart in that at least you have some control over where it goes and adds a layer of difficulty for someone wanting to reproduce it.  I believe like others have said, the AFOL community stands behind MOC creations and would never steal another members work, if you choose to sell your instructions, know that those of us that get them will protect them.

Regards,

Alec

Alec thank you. I'm considering alternative distribution forms.

Sure you already have looked into it, but just in case you haven't, there is software out there that will prevent copying and forwarding of documents.  Although not 100% safe, it will make it a lot more difficult for the cloners to replicate the instructions, so if they were to purchase a copy, then. they'll have to copy it manually in LDD which may put them off altogether.

39 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

Sure you already have looked into it, but just in case you haven't, there is software out there that will prevent copying and forwarding of documents.  Although not 100% safe, it will make it a lot more difficult for the cloners to replicate the instructions, so if they were to purchase a copy, then. they'll have to copy it manually in LDD which may put them off altogether.

Thank you very much for the information. However, I do not intend to distribute instructions in electronic format (pdf). The instructions will only be in printed book format.
If you are still so kind to point me this software (even in pvt) I will be able to evaluate the thing.
Thanks so much

Mirko

Such a shame that this is actually an issue... Don't get me wrong, I completely get the situation from your side Mirko, but it's a real pitty that clone brands have such an impact on a wonderful fan community.

Nevertheless, I look forward to any news from you on the status of this project.

On 14.6.2017 at 0:20 AM, StarBricks said:

I'm considering the question ...

Hello Mirko,

The chinese brand XINGBAO works together with MOC Creators and they realese an official set with the license of the creator.

Here some information:

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-builders-speak-out-on-selling-their-designs-to-xingbao/

https://www.brickfinder.net/2017/04/08/china-bricks-company-officially-making-afol-designed-sets/

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-chinese-brick-company-producing-afol-sets/

Maybe it was an opportunity for you, also to prevent that your creation will be stolen.

However, I hope that you soon release your instructions for this wonderful Lego Creation.

This really breaks my heart, I've been dying to add this masterpiece to my collection. I've purchased Cavegods AT-AT, Anio's BB-8 and A-Wing, and Renegadeclone's Zeta class shuttle... I couldn't imagine giving someone's hard work away and ecspecially after I spent my own money to pay for or donate to the creator. I'm sorry that it has come to this out come and I'd be willing to also provide ID if needed. If you decide not to sell them then I too respect your decision and hope to see your future works of art that we can all enjoy from a far.

If everyone is so desperate for this you should design and build your own.  There's enough pics out there you could make a good stab at replicating what has been done.  It's just bricks after all.  After all that is what Mirko has done himself.

6 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

If everyone is so desperate for this you should design and build your own.  There's enough pics out there you could make a good stab at replicating what has been done.  It's just bricks after all.  After all that is what Mirko has done himself.

Forgive me but I do not understand the meaning of this message. Could you explain yourself better? Thank you.

19 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

Forgive me but I do not understand the meaning of this message. Could you explain yourself better? Thank you.

I believe he is talking to those that want to build and replicate your MOC.

For me, I love to build stuff but I'm not good enough to build something like this from scratch (that would look good and/or not fall apart!)

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

I believe he is talking to those that want to build and replicate your MOC.

For me, I love to build stuff but I'm not good enough to build something like this from scratch (that would look good and/or not fall apart!)

Okay .. in fact the most important thing in my opinion, apart from design, is to study well and design the structural part well. I hate the MOCs that are unrealizable.

Hi Mirko, just a question. Can I buy your book? I swear I would not sell it to anyone. It will be part of my collection forever. Please.

I'm going to remain optimistic as I've already bought the 6x minifigs and 2x windows in preparation. Haha! :cry_happy: