UT-60D U-Wing

E 'was love at first sight .. a design that has deliberately mixed the style and characteristics of the most iconic starfighters of the saga.
X-wing, y-wing and SnowSpeeders seem to gather here in the sinuous lines and calibrated this ship. The brilliant idea to give him a soul of its own, making it not only a starfighter attack but also a transport landing troops.
Ladies and gentlemen, here is the MOC LEGO SB00101 - UT-60D U-Wing Starfighter / Support craft.
After nearly four months of hard work I can finally present my creation.
I started working in October 2016 on the basis of the few pictures that then you could find online. The fundamental prerogative for me was to respect as much as possible the proportions and create a scaled moc UCS. At the same time I studied and perfected the structure to make it solid, handy and completely disassembled into blocks to be able to assemble and disassemble easily.
The lower doors are sliding and can be opened using a technique that to my knowledge has not yet been used, or at least I have never seen used.
Inside the cargo area they are arranged the "benches" for the troops and the guns attack.
The cockpit has the double glass .. top and bottom. To the top glass I realized the extent of adhesives inspired by those of the set 10240.
Wings, studied and modeled with a sinuous shape and tapered, can be opened and can be placed in a "attack". Because of their weight, to avoid distorting the structure of the engine body to achieve a suitable system to support them, I opted to create two small "props" that support them and securing them perfectly parallel to the supporting plane.
I am particularly proud of the engine body, which was the first block to be studied and planned. I made several versions before reaching the final one that I find well sized and proportioned.
The design phase has been completed a week before the film and before proceeding with the BL orders I wanted to wait for the release of the film for checking compliance of the details that I had been impossible to grasp from the few available images.
About 80% of the pieces I had at home but it was still necessary to perform six orders to find everything you need. In mid-January came the last order and I was able to finally give "life" to my creature. I say .. it in hand and to admire it in its massive proportions has been worth the effort to achieve it occurred.

Are you wondering how many pieces consists .. 3324 brick and 6 minifigure.
Jyn Herso, Cassian Andor, K2-SO, Bodhi Rook, Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus.
The fearless rebels fled the planet Jedha after the destruction of the city by the terrifying new weapon empire.
The dimensions for folded wings are 90 cm long, 35 cm wide and 18 cm in height.
With wings spread measuring 80 cm long, 135 cm wide and 18 cm in height

What about ... already liked on paper this ship but the definitive consecration took place after seeing it on the big screen piloted by two pilots brave Cassian Andor and K2-SO.

It was unthinkable not to achieve a UCS version of this icon.

Hope you like it..

A special rigraziamento to my friend Corrado Rosson which gave me great advice to make the photo shoot.

Album flickr

SB00101_01_LOW.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

This is fantastic, definitely inspires me to revamp my model!

Thank you very much for the compliments. After Model Expo Italy in Verona will also be available instructions.

19 minutes ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

I really appreciate your considerable use of Technic beams for the wings; it definitely makes for a well-structured design!

It was the only acceptable solution that guaranteed design and solidity

Great work! The ship is slowly growing on me. The shaping and everything looks appropriate. The added stickers on the window help a lot pulling the model together. The only thing I find wonky is the front bottom half of the ship, It might be the inverted sloped bricks. but the rest of the ship is well done and captures all the slopes and shapes. Well done! 

6 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

Great work! The ship is slowly growing on me. The shaping and everything looks appropriate. The added stickers on the window help a lot pulling the model together. The only thing I find wonky is the front bottom half of the ship, It might be the inverted sloped bricks. but the rest of the ship is well done and captures all the slopes and shapes. Well done! 

Thank you for your compliments. I tried different versions of the front hull and at the end I decided for this which seemed to me the more balanced. Thanks anyway note.

6 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Woah! This is one MOC that I would gladly pay for instructions and build! This is really lovely! :wub:

Thank you for your compliments. Instructions are ready and will be available after the official presentation live at the Model Expo Italy in Verona on 11 and 12 March.

Will definently get instructions when available.  Can you share parts list so that bricks can be sourced in the meantime?

21 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

Will definently get instructions when available.  Can you share parts list so that bricks can be sourced in the meantime?

Hello I prefer to publish it together (instructions + parts list) in order to check all to not make mistakes in the list.

15 minutes ago, legoSWfan said:

Very nice work with many details. Is this a minifig-scale ship or more like the X-Wing UCS ?

We say it is in scale with the UCS starfighter (X-Wing B-Wing and Y-wing)

It puts mine to shame...

Yours, on the other hand, is really good...

Edited by Han solo died
Grammatical issues

Holy shhh.. Cow! That is amazing! Superb job. There aren't any words to do it justice

Would also love to see interior photos

Edited by Juke

6 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

the more I look at this the more I want to dismantle mine and put it in a bag

haha noooo! You have to keep .. it took me four months to design and build my own!

The engines are a true piece of art. One of my biggest issues with the lego set was the huge gap between the engines where the wings folded back and the way they felt unconnected to the ship. This is a much more elegant solution.  Really deserving of the UCS name.