Hi! 

I just wanted to share my demo video of the 42066 Air Race Jet. My expectations weren't very high for this model, but it was way better than I thought it would. The model looks great, it's very well built and the color scheme works really well. It looks way better in real life than on videos and pictures, if you don't mind the small wings (i don't) there's not much to complain about. 

The building experience was interesting, with some of the latest parts used and I personally love complex linkages. I was lucky enough to get some 20% off, but even at full price I think it's totally worth the money. Nice to have a decent supply of beams and panels in medium blue.

Hope you like the video :classic:

Nice video!

Im still on the fence on buying this set.

I like airplanes, but im not sure if the medium blue is something i want/need.

What other sets have this color?

And the wings just seem to simple/short. A few parts extra and they would have been much better looking. 

28 minutes ago, captainmib said:

Nice video!

And the wings just seem to simple/short. A few parts extra and they would have been much better looking. 

Except the Jet, medium blue is only included in the Hot Rod from 2014 which only involves a few parts. I think it's quite a nice color, but it seems difficult to use it in mocs...

46 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

Except the Jet, medium blue is only included in the Hot Rod from 2014 which only involves a few parts. I think it's quite a nice color, but it seems difficult to use it in mocs...

Not only in the Hot Rod. Medium blue is present in 42036 and 42037, too.

7 minutes ago, Limga said:

Not only in the Hot Rod. Medium blue is present in 42036 and 42037, too.

Oh.. I totally forgot about those. Still a quite limited selection of parts though...

19 hours ago, captainmib said:

Nice video!

Same.....good parts pack but i dont like the colour. If it was Medium or say Red...it would have been better. I am against these new colours being used as the reusability for MOCs is limited, as you somply don not have eneough Technic parts in Azure or Purple or Bright Green to make a complete model.

But more then that imo the set is way overpriced!...€130 Euro?....for a battery box and medium motor?, at that price point they could have made a larger model like 42042 for the same price.

I created a video for the B-model as well. Unfortunately the build was almost the same as the A-model, except the lack of the VTOL linkage. The landing gears were almost identical to those in model A. 200 parts were left over so the B-model uses about 950.