Hello All,

hereby I present You the King of the Pull-Backs,  which for I had the idea for very long time. Teaser picture is coming:

1280x602.jpg

Where has it started? Well, I had these parts lurking around, and really wanted to test them together:

6143751.jpg2996c01.png

Recently, while I was playing with my Mini Suzuki Samurai, got the idea, how well the body and those parts above would fit together. As I really like the body lines of the Samurai, I decided to keep it, and improve.

Let's take a look at on it, the common DNA is quite obvious, that's why I decided to keep it in the Suzuki off-road family, and named as Jimny.

1280x601.jpg

I set some constrains for me, like:

• keeping the body, but reconstruct it
  • using 12M axles for the wheels
  • make it affordable
  • make it sturdy
  • make it fast

Here is a picture from inner structure, and how I set the distance with pulley wheels for the chubby tires, and increased the friction for the 12M axle:

1280x599.jpg

And one more insight shot (roof is hidden).

1280x599.jpg

It was pretty challenging to build a reliable and buildable inner structure for the shape I set in my mind, but finally it works, prototype works and sturdy enough for crashes! The hood still has some flex play, but nothing falls apart.

Meanhile the build I made some records for me:

• Big and heavy wheels have a ton of angular momentum, but 4 Pull Back motors do the job.:wink:
  • Big and heavy wheels help to keep the center of gravity low, so it jumps pretty stable.
  • You need extra attention to load both axles properly, but once it is done...whooooooooooooooosh!!!!!! - my 42034 lost the run. (Video might follow, but no promise.)
  • My painting skill (and patience for it) sucks... I want to paint the rims in black, but I have to make a second try on it.
  • I don't find right time and place for taking sharp photos, so I present it as LDD renders, meanwhile I have a built one beside me... sorry. I am also waiting for missing color correct parts (on the way).

As an engineer, I wanted to add some extra technical bit first, like suspension, but I realized soon, that it makes the loading of the motors very difficult (as You need to push the car downwards), makes the whole construction very complicated, and adds weight for no reason here. Keep it simple: low weight, big power.

BUT, I was smart enough to integrate one nice feature though, and I proudly present You the first Drive Mode Selector in a Pull Back car!

1280x601.jpg

HERE You can download the LDD file, I tried to divide the model into small building groups, and built up in the most wallet friendly version. Some parts are mislocated, after real life build, I realised some stress and reinforcement need, but to fix minor placement issues in LDD, I would have to build it again from the ground. We can conclude, that I don't have the patience for it. :tongue:

TO DO: flip the pins (in the side panels) and the 2M rubber damper (under the hood), and push the windshield together - that's it. This is what You get in the LXF file:

1280x601.jpg

And finally, some possible versions - I am building the red one.

1280x601.jpg

Small part count (284 pcs), great fun. Enjoy!

Edit: one small fix in LDD file - v3.31

Edited by agrof
added pictures

Woah, that is really cool! I liked your first Samurai, and this is even better, which I didn't think was possible. I'll definitely build this ASAP, and maybe even with electric motors. I'm now really happy that I have these tires, just because of this MOC. 

Thanks, glad You like it!

I updated the LDD file - I missed to add 1 pin into it's group - please update your copies, in case.

Looks really cool - I think I'll build this one, kids will love it :-) Thank you for sharing :thumbup: Drive mode selector seems like a state of the art engineering :grin:

Best regards, miha

Lovely little creature and excellent engineering! Simple yet powerful. I was already wondering what your new avatar was about. My son only needs one more pull-back engine to build it!

Thanks guys! :classic:

It is on Rebrickable too: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6632/agrof/suzuki-jimny-4x4-pull-back-monster/

I took some noisy photos in the garage, it is really more than CAD theory. :wink:

Here You can observe the gentle gap between the fender and the hood, which was a design goal to achieve.

1280x574.jpg

Edited by agrof

Very cute and cool looking little 4x4. Excellent job. It looks cool without the roof as well.

Altough it is a minor thing, I was not entirely sure about the angle of the windshield: it looks cool and chopped-like, but for those like me, I made a patch.

With this modification the angle is steeper, and the dashboard-roof distance is increased by 1/2 stud. The A-pillar elements and the counterparts for them on the top to be replaced as well - shown in the picture.

LEFT - original; RIGHT - 1/2 stud MOD; LDD file here.

1280x548.jpg

Edited by agrof

That's pretty awesome!! I myself built an off-road pullback racer with suspension and 42029 tires a while back, but I haven't got to filming it yet. Perhaps I should soon...

Finally I received the missing parts! I decided for white version after finding unused stickers from 9398, which fit nicely here.

Yeeeee-haaaa!!!!! 

1280x773.jpg

1280x588.jpg

1280x634.jpg

Edited by agrof

Exelent colour choice and the 4x4 sticker really adds to it. I also like the photo environment - seems you've vacuumed that concrete really thoroughly ;-)

@Nebulaire Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup: 

There is something wrong with the hood in your pics, it looks like You used shorter  4142236.jpg levers (32449) instead of the 5L 6030286.jpg (11478), correct? :wink:

Yes in did, I corrected it.

I will expose your moc (with all the credits for you, of course) at the beginning of next month :thumbup:

Finally had some time for video editing for this little monster - very short durability test. Special thanks for @kbalage for the videography!

Enjoy the trip! *huh*

Edited by agrof

Very nice creation @agrof :thumbup: Perhaps we can call it Ultimate 4 x 4 pullback buggy? At least front part reminds me on buggy :wink:

Very nice edit and a cool little pullback car! I'm glad I had the opportunity to check it out IRL :)