Sign in to follow this  
Gulagurag

Hera's Fury - 5A ship

IMG_0390_zpsk66bbwte.jpg

Introducing the newly created flagship of the Charlatan Bay Navy, Hera’s Fury.

IMG_0391_zpsfkvdshug.jpg

This elegant three masted vessel is the envy of all that lay eyes upon her.  Ordered to be meticulously crafted by renowned artisans over the span of a year, this ship was christened Hera’s Fury and assigned to Captain Amara of the Amazonia islands for the new year.  This honour was bestowed for her aid in securing the port and dedication in building trade for the town of Charlatan Bay.

IMG_0394_zpsetnnej1s.jpg

No expense was spared as golden filigree was imprinted generously about the stern Cabin walls.

It is a beacon of precision craftsmanship and attention to detail. 

IMG_0393_zpsrwc482oz.jpg

Just look at this stern deck.  Wide and spacious, adorned with two portable 8 pound cannons and a rich mahogany wood wheel imported from Cape Town.

IMG_0392_zpsloagoqow.jpg

The port and bow are also both beautiful and deadly.  They are armed with six 15 pound cannons a side, making the fate of any that suffer a broadside attack all but assured.

IMG_0389_zpsdnuasswb.jpg

To the bow, two more  8 pound guns are on desk for side or forward fire as well as two canon ports with ten pound guns forward, perfect for letting fly while giving chase to her pray.  The exquisite sculpture of Hera herself is a marvel to behold.

IMG_0395_zpsmzhvbum5.jpg

“I’m King of the world!!!!!”

“You sure are Timmy.  You sure are.”

Spoiler

Spoiler

This ship was not made over a year by fine craftsman.   On Friday the 3rd of February, I went by to visit my brother at 2pm.  We decided to try to get a 5HA built and frantically tore down and reassembled a boat from the brown base up.  This ship was assembled from the ground up in 2 hours with no plan or design other than to just get it done.  One of the most frantic paced building sessions ever.

Thanks for sacrificing anything and everything to allow us to cannibalize parts Kwatchi.  It was pretty fun.

Kwatchi

Edited by Gulagurag

It was a riot to build this with you. :laugh:

And it is six(6)15lb'ers per side, plus two (2) bow and (2) stern chasers, on top of the four (4) deck guns.  Learn to count. :tongue:

Edited by Kwatchi

Nice ship. I've no useful comments on the build but it looks great.

Edited by kaiju

I like it! It is a very nice mix of a classic Lego pirate ship and a more AFOL-ish attention to detail and realism. The short building time is impressive, and although it may shine through in some rough and unpolished spots, it actually doesn't suffer from it. I suppose that goes to show that sometimes, one just need to let go and let the building happen! :)

(And personally, I find the predominant discourse that studs should be hidden away somewhat heretical. Real MOC's have studs! ;) )

I would love to see an overview shot from the side, as that is sorely missing. The cabin is nicely detailed, and old yellow never goes wrong here. I personally prefer a more integrated cabin, but the traditional "Lego way" can work well too.

She seems very fitting for her class to me, and I hope she will bring great things to her captain! (As long as those "things" did not initially fly the colours of Corrington! ;) )

Well done!

I like it! It's like the Caribbean Clipper meets the Imperial Flagship. :pir-grin: 

And that's meant as a compliment! I love design influences from the classic Lego ships. :thumbup:

Excellent ship! It does indeed look like a combination of the first and most recent Imperial ship sets. The classic design and colors are nice, and 5 gunports per side looks great at this scale.

I also prefer a lower cabin, but this still looks suitable given the apparent inspiration.

And speaking of inspiration... The white curved bricks in the upper bow have given me a great idea... I really must thank you for that.

Good work. :thumbup: