Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

The retaking of Eolas: A chilly welcome

We had returned with haste yet we were slowed by winters wrath. After many detours we finally made it home. There was no great hurrah when we returned, the chill kept children and elderly inside and the woman were busy caring for them. As we marched, limped, hoped and rode through the streets wives emerged from houses, watching for men that would never come. It saddened him to think of the woman that would never see their beloved husbands again. Already men drifted towards taverns and inns and he knew the ale would flow as men drown their grief. He let them go, now was not the time for the discipline and order of a shoulder, now was a time for a man mourning his fallen friends. But he could not let his grief over come him. He was summoned by the heir of Historica and he would not rest until he placed his sword at the heirs feet with the might of Eolas at his back.

31869620254_e8dd8d658f_z.jpg

32589765341_521a827644_z.jpg

So if you haven't noticed this is the same build as "A heroes farewell' but slightly modified which is the reason for build and photo quality which isn't the best :sceptic: oh well I would rather this than rebuilding the whole thing :tongue:. At last, the main story is finally finished although I am hoping to do a epilogue in the near future. This has been a load of fun to make and although the builds were the main focus I enjoyed writing the story's too. It was great when I was out of ideas and had nothing to do to be able to come back and build something. So overall I am pretty happy with it and hope you guys have enjoyed these little builds :sweet: 

The previous build in the saga: A hollow victory

Edited by The Maestro

I haven't seen the build before so, but I really like it, is there an interior also? :classic:

Good news: your build still looks good! I think I actually like the winter version better, in fact, even if it is more melancholic. Great job on the snow, particularly the rooftop snow. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

You're becoming really good at these half-timbered tudor sections, keep it up man!

This is a nice modified version. I like the snow and fig posing. 

Lord Brandon Stark apologizes for not being able to help Eolas during this time.

On 06/02/2017 at 6:11 AM, Isundir said:

I haven't seen the build before so, but I really like it, is there an interior also? :classic:

Thanks Isundir, unfourtuantly no, I have a habit of never doing interiors :tongue: Althpigh this would have been the perfect moc for one...

On 06/02/2017 at 8:32 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Good news: your build still looks good! I think I actually like the winter version better, in fact, even if it is more melancholic. Great job on the snow, particularly the rooftop snow. 

Ha thanks HJ, I did think it looked better this way as it is less cluttered.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:39 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine build!

On 06/02/2017 at 9:05 AM, TitusV said:

You're becoming really good at these half-timbered tudor sections, keep it up man!

Even though this is an old build thanks anyway :grin:

10 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Some very nice changes here, such as the bare trees, and of course the snow is excellent :thumbup:

Thanks LJ, I think little details like changing a tree due to the seasons can really help so thanks for noticing.

6 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Those houses looks great! Love the snowscaping aswell!

Thanks de Gothia

2 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

This is a nice modified version. I like the snow and fig posing. 

Lord Brandon Stark apologizes for not being able to help Eolas during this time.

Lord Maestro apoligises for not sending out an plea for help as although he did consider he ran out of time and just wanted to get the retaking done and over with. He hopes to be able to aid you in whatever way he can.

Many thanks,

Lord Maestro, Protector of Eolas

Great job capturing the winter vibe! The snow patches on the roof look great. Nice scene overall and good read.

On 2/8/2017 at 5:43 AM, Blufiji said:

Nice work on the texturing of the houses and snowscapping.

Thanks Blufiji

On 2/11/2017 at 2:12 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely rework of an excellent build :thumbup: Excellent snow affects :classic:

Thanks Sk, my snow is often inspired by you after all :sweet:

On 2/11/2017 at 11:49 AM, MassEditor said:

Great job capturing the winter vibe! The snow patches on the roof look great. Nice scene overall and good read.

Thanks ME, glad you like the story and build.

I really like these buildings.  In particular, the way the angles are set it gives a really solid appearance of individual houses that are crowded together, which is what I understand actual medieval cities were like.  The stone on bottom and Tudor style on top works very well for this.  I like the texture to the stone, too--it has enough texture to seem like it wasn't freshly built and yet it has enough solidity to appear as though it's not falling down.  In the same way, the plaster texture on the Tudor also looks worn but not in disrepair.  I think the statue is also a nice touch.  Overall, awesome job!  I hope to eventually build some structures that look this nice!