Ondra

Creator and Creator expert wishlist

It seems that Creator is stepping their game a lot, not only Expert range but "normal" range seems to be every year better and better(Hello year 2017, I look at you :thumbup:) .When city fails and their only budget is police, fire department or research teams, creator is going to save the day for minifigs(And buyers).

What I like to see is police cruiser in 8-10 stud wide range and also in 1:16 scale or bigger to chase down these great creator cars!Also I like to see sedan, combi, muscle type of vehicle in normal creator range.

Thanks for read :wink:

I want to see Space and Castle themed Creator or Creator Expert sets. The 2017 Creator space shuttle has instructions for a ship, rover, and base. I want the same thing but in the Classic Space theme! 

I would love to see more iconic cars: Aston Martin DB5, Porsche 911, Mercedes 300 SL, Ferrari Testarossa just to name a few.

I'd like to see a couple different things along the same vein as we have been getting.  Obviously more modular buildings for starters, but I wouldn't mind seeing some international cars in terms of the annual car releases.  I mean, we have had 2 VW Beetles, a VW Bus, a Ferrari, a Mini, and by extension, a Caterham yet there are plenty of well-loved cars that are not from Europe that could be a hit.  Examples could be Chevrolet Camaro/Ford Mustang/Dodge Challenger, Corvette, Viper, GT40, Shelby Cobra representing North America, Toyota Supra, Nissan Skyline, Acura NSX representing Asia, and so on.

In terms of architecture, perhaps I'm biased from living in British Columbia, but I wouldn't mind seeing some North American landmarks too.  Here's 3 from Vancouver:

Science World (Telus World of Science aka the Geodesic dome from Expo 84)

MkYeX2x.png

Canada Place

PbzgS51.jpg

BC Place Stadium

ENqCe5B.jpg

I also wouldn't mind seeing them take on a Disney theme whereby they make representations of Disney Park rides, to go along with the Disney Castle.  Perhaps not a faithful recreation of It's a Small World by any stretch, but more in the same vein as the amusement park Creator sets.

I want to see larger residential buildings like Building Bonanza, Model Town Home, House, Family House, etc.

And larger commercial premises like the Bike Shop and Cafe.

I'm disappointed that the Creator residential and commercial buildings appear to be getting smaller and smaller.

I would love to see a Creator car set similar in size to the Cool Cruiser and Cool Convertible but in a Ute/Pickup Truck body style.

Maybe with some sort of load in the back...

I dont think we have ever gotten a Creator pickup truck in any kind of larger scale (feel free to correct me if I am wrong though)

Really like to see a big, detailed haulage truck, 8 wide. Like the 6 wide yellow LEGO truck from a few years back, where you can have a figure lying down in the back of the cab. Maybe make the container more detailed as well, with a flip up side, similar to the police mobile command sets.

On 2/4/2017 at 1:40 PM, danth said:

I want to see Space and Castle themed Creator or Creator Expert sets. The 2017 Creator space shuttle has instructions for a ship, rover, and base. I want the same thing but in the Classic Space theme! 

Same here, of course. :wink:

I also think other sci-fi building genres would make great 3 in 1 set material. For instance, mecha, dieselpunk, retro comic strip space, GARC( Galactic Asteroid Rally Circuit) racers, retro Jetsons style hovercars, and sky-fi would all make great sets with a colorful vibe appropriate for Creator.

Here are some great MOC examples for sky-fi, GARC, and hovercar genres.

6128852092_af693ca443_b.jpg

aba2aadf10e11487c812478976f911a1.jpgc7dcd50510aa3c57bbd89d5210ff5ff5.jpg

I would love to see some stuff done in the cyberpunk genere.

There is a rather nice TRON light cycle currently in review on LEGO Ideas which I would love to see as a set (but I doubt it will be approved given Disney has basically abandoned the TRON universe)

I would buy anything TLG produced that was Cyberpunk in a heartbeat. (and not all Cyberpunk works are dark and gritty and violent and inappropriate for TLG, TRON is considered cyberpunk and that got a PG rating so its definatly OK for kids)

Edited by jonwil

11 hours ago, jonwil said:

I would love to see some stuff done in the cyberpunk genere.

There is a rather nice TRON light cycle currently in review on LEGO Ideas which I would love to see as a set (but I doubt it will be approved given Disney has basically abandoned the TRON universe)

I would buy anything TLG produced that was Cyberpunk in a heartbeat. (and not all Cyberpunk works are dark and gritty and violent and inappropriate for TLG, TRON is considered cyberpunk and that got a PG rating so its definatly OK for kids)

Done right, cyberpunk could be another great source of inspiration for Creator sets!

I've always seen Tron Legacy as inspiration for the designs and color schemes for Ultra Agents' vehicles, so Lego has touched upon that somewhat.

Another genre I initially considered in my initial post was steampunk, but I think the genre's color choices would not make it suitable for Creator. Steampunk mostly depends on browns, black, metallics, and darker "earth" colors. But we'll just have to see how Creator evolves.

I'd love to see detailed creator models of modern supercars (like those seen in video games), in a scale similar to the F40 or the Lamborghini 8169 set (16 stud wide), e.g. McLaren, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, Bugatti Veyron. And a Lamborghini Countach and a LMP car in that scale.

But, knowing myself, I'm not sure if I'd buy even that...

I own the blue police Lamborghini and wish I had been able to get the yellow Lamborghini. I would buy any Lamborghini set LEGO produced in a heartbeat (regardless of size/scale)

On 5/21/2017 at 3:59 PM, Erik Leppen said:

I'd love to see detailed creator models of modern supercars (like those seen in video games), in a scale similar to the F40 or the Lamborghini 8169 set (16 stud wide), e.g. McLaren, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, Bugatti Veyron. And a Lamborghini Countach and a LMP car in that scale.

But, knowing myself, I'm not sure if I'd buy even that...

Most plausibly, I could see a Creator Expert 1964 Ford Mustang Hardtop being done, one, to utilize the Ford licence from Speed Champions elsewhere, and two, because its boxy design would be easy to capture in Lego bricks.

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

I own the blue police Lamborghini and wish I had been able to get the yellow Lamborghini. I would buy any Lamborghini set LEGO produced in a heartbeat (regardless of size/scale)

If continued a fourth year, I hope to see Lamborghini for the Speed Champions theme!

That may be true, Digger, but IMHO, boxy designs are also a bit boring. Just compare the Mini with the Beetle. They're both nice sets, but the Beetle has more interesting building techniques. That's what I like in a Creator Expert model. "Expert" doesn't just mean "larger".

Edited by Erik Leppen

On 5/24/2017 at 9:47 AM, Erik Leppen said:

That may be true, Digger, but IMHO, boxy designs are also a bit boring. Just compare the Mini with the Beetle. They're both nice sets, but the Beetle has more interesting building techniques. That's what I like in a Creator Expert model. "Expert" doesn't just mean "larger".

That's true, I do prefer the Beetle over the Mini Cooper, primarily due to its shape, plentiful Dark Azure bricks, and new arch pieces. I just thought the Mustang would be good reason to use the Ford licence more, though I'm more of a Chevy guy. :classic:

Speaking of Chevy, if Lego were to do a classic Chevy Bel Air for Creator Expert, it could be done primarily in BL color Light Aqua, an appropriate rare, 1950's shade. Like how the Beetle supplied us with plenty of Dark Azure, this would be another nice car to provide us with a rare color, and also to utilize the GM licence elsewhere. Many other Expert/Advanced sets have done this before.

Speaking of a Creator Expert Ford a GT 40 in black and gold like the speed champions one would be fantastic!

Am I the only one who would like to get more Creator animals with cute eyes (printed white round tiles)? They could be even bigger like Lion from set 4884.

And yes, I would also like to get some Lamborghini.

Dinosaurs are a popular small to mid sized set Creator likes to revisit frequently, and I was thinking recently it would be nice to see Lego do some larger, more detailed sets for the subtheme around the $70-$90 range.

They could have a more detailed, realistically colored build with complex building techniques similar to this rejected Ideas project.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/04deb275-9fd2-4e8a-9ca6-ebf44a6ac45d

image-thumbnail-full

I've made a comment here earlier regarding how I think Steampunk's choice of colors do not make the genre a good fit for Creator, but still, its ingenuity would make for some great multiple build sets. Particularly, I could see a Designer style type set done for Creator perhaps named something along the lines of "Inventor's Toolbox", a parts pack type set that would include a large assortment of antique colored gears, wind-up motors, and bricks to create large clockwork powered contraptions in a Steampunk style. The set could even include two male and female Steampunk styled minifigures to complement the builds. Now I know something like this was done for the Lego Master Builder Academy theme for set no. 20215-1 (pictured below), but it would still be cool to see something like this for Creator.                                                       lego-master-builder-academy-invention-designer-set-20215-4.jpg

On 5/19/2017 at 10:20 PM, jonwil said:

I would buy anything TLG produced that was Cyberpunk in a heartbeat. (and not all Cyberpunk works are dark and gritty and violent and inappropriate for TLG, TRON is considered cyberpunk and that got a PG rating so its defiantly OK for kids).

I was revisiting this comment again, and looking at some of my genre proposals, I found that Dieselpunk and Sky-fi can be a bit on the war conflict/violence side, something not at all tolerated by Lego. But I think there are paths Lego can take these genres without touching the conflict aspects. Dieselpunk can be done in the form of hyperbolic exploration vehicles and Sky-fi can be done as wild looking racing planes, such as the 1930's Gee Bee (pictured below).

du406.jpg

Now the space subgenre GARCs on the other hand are most appropriate for Creator since it's a colorful, weaponless space theme that fits Creator perfectly I think.