Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2017 - Information Topic

Eurobricks Event 2017
Gunzburg, Germany

Dates: Thu 27th of April –Dates:  Sat 29th of April 2017 (so travel days are Wednesday and Sunday). 

Accommodation: We will stay at a very nice place with a variety of apartments called Kirchenbauerhof located 3 km from LEGOLand Gunzburg near the famous river Donau. The place has a lot of history and it was originally a farm. 

Address: Gästehaus Kirchenbauerhof, Georg Linder jun., Leipheimerstr. 7, D- 89347 Bubesheim

Event program:

- Thursday:

• Daytime: Legoland park
  • Evening: Short EB presentation + relaxing, some contests and socializing at the Kirchenbauerhof.

- Friday:

• 9h30: A walk through nature in the beautiful surroundings of the Kirchenbauerhof (around 5 to 8 km).
  • After the walk till 16h: relaxing, some contests and socializing at the Kirchenbauerhof.
  • 16h: Visiting historical center of Gunzburg + dinner in a nice Biergarten

- Saturday:

• We take a trip to Munich by train for visiting the historical city, some LEGO shopping and food consumption.

Signing-up: The sign-up topic is located here.

Room allocation: To do

Some pictures of Munich:

800px-Frauenkirche_Munich_-_View_from_Peterskirche_Tower2.jpg

800px-Glyptothek_Munich.jpg

800px-Image-Schloss_Nymphenburg_Munich_CC_edit3.jpg

Maximilianeum.jpg

8+munich711crop.jpg

The LEGO Brand store in Munich:

picC89C4C9CFA027A23C6EF67E992902C51.jpg

picA75F0AD47E44A57855DF86A17E23057C.jpg

LEGOLand Gunzburg:

g2_1242989302-468x319.jpg

9492438.jpg

The Kirchenbauerhof:

ueber_uns_01.gif
fruehstuecksraums_02.jpg

fruehstuecksraums_03.jpg

bierstube_03.jpg

Blast from the past:

dsc_0135.jpg

dsc_0012.jpg

dsc_0272.jpg

Ohh super fun look into it. I hope to have enough time for both Fabrik and actually doing the rides/miniland.

10 hours ago, elleana said:

I think i need to come prepared with plenty of luggage space!!

That's the spirit! :grin:

1 hour ago, Holodoc said:

That's the spirit! :grin:

Well since unlike most participants I can't shove bricks into every nook and cranny of a car for the drive home, so will need to come prepared :laugh:

Question for the more experienced people. Where online do I get the annual pass that allows me to get into both Germany and Billund Legoland? I'll be back in Europe in September and was thinking at 3 days of going to Legoland it might be worth the annual pass.

This should be what you're looking for.  

https://secure.legoland.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10663&catalogId=24051&categoryId=40602&productId=286133

As I understand it, only the Merlin Premium Annual Pass gets you into LegoLand in Günzburg and Billund. It's a lot ,ore expensive however. While the basic LegoLand annual pass pays for itself after going twice, I think you'd have to go three times to make the Premium Pass pay for itself. Unless, of course you buy a lot at LegoLand, since you will then have a 10% discount off most shops in the park, including the Fabrik. 

8 hours ago, bricktect said:

Question for the more experienced people. Where online do I get the annual pass that allows me to get into both Germany and Billund Legoland? I'll be back in Europe in September and was thinking at 3 days of going to Legoland it might be worth the annual pass.

What could possibly be happening in Billund in September I wonder.. :wink:

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, MiloNelsiano said:

This should be what you're looking for.  

https://secure.legoland.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10663&catalogId=24051&categoryId=40602&productId=286133

As I understand it, only the Merlin Premium Annual Pass gets you into LegoLand in Günzburg and Billund. It's a lot ,ore expensive however. While the basic LegoLand annual pass pays for itself after going twice, I think you'd have to go three times to make the Premium Pass pay for itself. Unless, of course you buy a lot at LegoLand, since you will then have a 10% discount off most shops in the park, including the Fabrik. 

Am I correct in thinking that if I already have a Merlin annual pass that expired last October I can renew for €69/€79 which would be much cheaper than the new member rate?

3 hours ago, Dfenz said:

Am I correct in thinking that if I already have a Merlin annual pass that expired last October I can renew for €69/€79 which would be much cheaper than the new member rate?

That's how it worked for us last year when we renewed. However I think there's a certain time frame you're supposed to renew it within. If it expired in October you might be outside that window, but I'm really not sure to be honest. 

Okay then! Anyone interested in working out meetups at Munich on arrival? It is further to travel than when we visit Billund!

I land at 0930 according to my flight booking. Who is near to that time and wants company? I can wait around an hour or two exploring the airport (I like airports) if other arrive a little later. Or do any earlier arrivals mind hanging on?

I am sure I can travel alone to where we are staying, but it is more fun to have company. 

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Though are there any mods in the pictures above? :classic:

dsc_0272.jpg

From the left to the right:

Copmike, Bonaparte (both with heads only), Rolli, Snefroe, Teddy, Dfenz, Pandora, Vincent Kessels, Cecilie, Rufus, CaptainGreenHair, Aredhel, Ace, Peppermint_M (just the torso)

(the bold ones are mods or higher, the green ones are fellows :wink:)

Torso is so polite, I think Beer Belly is the appropriate term :laugh:  

There are lots of past event photos to take a gander through too. It is always fun.

Since the Thursday activity is LEGOLAND park, I wonder if there is any schedule for the day (any guided behind the scenes tours and when it starts) or is it free roaming all day long?

A friend of mine is going to Gunzburg on Thursday and I have a ride. Just need to know how early in the morning / middle of the night I'll hove to convince him to start the journey ... :)

On 3/19/2017 at 11:18 AM, Holodoc said:

CaptainGreenHair

M8 that's Scubacarrot. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Calanon said:

M8 that's Scubacarrot. :tongue:

Ooops. My bad. :blush:

I have to admit I was wondering why CGH looked so young... :grin:

For the park: We are trying to arrange something... Stay tuned. Normally we used to get to the park at opening time - 10 o' clock. Then we split up (most of us will head for the Fabrik a.s.a.p. :wink:) and gather again for lunch in the Dino Grill.
Still we are free people in a free country. Everything can, nothing must.

We have found a special offer for entering the park this year:

offer.jpg

So that's 20€ for every adult instead of 44,50€. :wub:

I don't think it will get better anytime soon. I found another offer on a cerial package allowing 5 persons to get in for half the price - that's still interesting, but not outdoing this offer.

Janet, Cwetqo and Dfenz: You are accompanied by children, right? I assume you will still use this offer for your kids, too?

So if I don't hear anything else until the end of March I'll book 26 tickets according to the sign up topic. I propose to divide the 553€ by 26 then.
If you don't want me to do this, please report here!

2 hours ago, Holodoc said:

So if I don't hear anything else until the end of March I'll book 26 tickets according to the sign up topic. I propose to divide the 553€ by 26 then.
If you don't want me to do this, please report here!

I have an annual pass, so I will not need a ticket. But that is a great offer!

We have annual pass too, so we will not need tickets.

But, looking at this offer, I'm almost sorry that we got annual passes last year. :)

Kitty and I would love to join the Holodoc discount program! :sweet: :thumbup:

Let me know if you want cash in return, paypal, fake creditcard number, bitcoins, LEGO, whatever :wink: