Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - E11] Extraction 2.1

Tags: Civil Building, Spaceship, Vehicle, Land Vehicle

Spoiler

John Hannibal died many months ago at the hands of MANTIS brutes, but before he died portions of his brain were mapped and uploaded by MANTIS spies. Unbeknownst to the operatives, Hannibal had recently synced with Dora, his loyal AI, which remained conscious. Dora slowly multiplied throughout the MANTIS and Kawashita intelligence networks. dispersing Hannibal's memories to find their way back to Octan scientists, one infected upload at a time.

Extraction 1.1

Extraction 1.2

Extraction 1.3

Extraction 1.4

Extraction 1.5

The Ghost in the Machine (LucasLaughing)

No Turning Back (LucasLaughing)

Consolidation

With the help of CLAPPIE and Lu, some of Hannibal's consciousness is alive in a new body. Now he has the physical, albeit clunky, and technological means to seek out his lost memories and make himself whole.

[Hannibal] - These legs are just nonsense, Lu. I feel like I'm scuttling around like a... um... the phrase escapes me, but you get what I mean. 

[Lu] - Yeah, I think they were meant for space mechs. CLAPPIE is still learning about RL... stuff. 

[Hannibal] - Everything okay, Lu? Your breathing rate and body language indicate that something is wrong.

[Lu] - How much do you remember, John, I mean outside of the different skills you've been picking up?

[Hannibal] - My first extraction had some general memories, like my name, who I worked for, what my job was, but nothing concrete to back it up. Most of what we've pulled through Kawashita's network has been skills based so that I can hunt down the rest of me, but there's not much behind them. I could tell you what color the lighthouse was off the Heinlein crater of Camp Promethei, but I only know second-hand that I had a family. Hell, I didn't know we were friends until CLAPPIE told me.

[Lu] - Do you remember killing anybody? I mean, along with your combat training?

[Hannibal] - Yeah. That's part of it. That and I've killed a dozen Zoids and some cyborgs since my extraction. I'm told my flight training killed a whole MANTIS death squad off Ertauq in cold blood, but I haven't synced up with those memories yet.

[Lu] - Does it bother you, the killing?

[Hannibal] - My combat training extraction came with some rules about when killing is appropriate, but I'm still not sure about the logic. Have I offended your sensibilities on the subject?

[Lu] - No, no... I was just curious...

31809120294_372ee31894_c.jpg

Landscape used last week.

- - - 

Outside a mining supervisor's quarters in the Fascini Cluster. Dora had secured the facility by stealing the supervisor's ship and cutting his suits oxygen supply when he tried to use his asteroid jumper. The latest upload contained locations of trapped memories within MANTIS and Kawashita networks, intel on most previously held Octan systems, and John's personal profiles of the Octan employees he would need to extract his files.

31796673614_ecdf68d17f_b.jpg

Spoiler

O.C.S. Octan Thistle

32515505842_1056759c20.jpg  31841230303_e5c09221c8.jpg

Kawashita Mining Supervisor Asteroid Jumper (land vehicle)

32274186090_876b602ed1_n.jpg  32274182780_b2c9b70e4c.jpg

Supervisor's Quarters, Level 2

32309822970_80f3f519c3_c.jpg

31796670114_ca27edc68f.jpg

31796667774_11fb1bd0a8_z.jpg

31796671904_f8e2297cf2_z.jpg

[Hannibal] - Upload complete, Dora. I think I know a friend that can get me some decent legs now. We'll pick up my flight training on the way.

[Dora] - That sounds wonderful, John. It'll be so nice to see more of your friends again.

[Hannibal] - There was a system missing from the file, Jurin II. Know anything about it?

[Dora] - It must have been a significant file if it was split from the main; but no, I don't have anything on it and many of the Octan employees that were stationed on Jurin II died in the Mantis invasion. Maybe Mabel will know something. It looks like she's on Donwarr...

Edited by goatman461
Corrected title

Whoa, love the Kawashita supervisor's quarters and the limp figure hanging from the jumper! Fantastic as always. I like how the story is progressing also and nice to see the inclusion of other Octan folks!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this