Sign in to follow this  
Richard Dower

42068 vs. 8454

Recommended Posts

It's shocking how similiar these sets are, i always thought 8454 was woefully underrated and dismissed by the community as a design miss step and oddity. I personally think it looks great, has some unique parts and is very original for a Technic set.

As far as i know it's the only set to feature an Airport rescue/fire truck. We have very little in the fire and rescue genre in Technic, 8289 was also a great looking set that people seem to forget.

So this reboot of 8454 is welcome, the design as basically the same....right down to the wheel covers and the stickers used!, it opens at the back and a V6 or V8 engine back there, panels galore, from a design and function standpoint 42068 and 8454 are almost identical. I personally think it's the best looking set of the wave 2 2017 Technic sets.

42068-2 Airport Rescue Vehicle42068-1 Airport Rescue Vehicle

7327698888_598880d082_b.jpg

lego-technic-8454-sondereinsatz-truck-48

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8454-1#T=S&O={}

 

Edited by Richard Dower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

Just to note one thing though, the tyres used on 8454 will differ from those used on 42068. 8454 used 56x30 R tyres, but 42068 will use the more now common 56x26 tyres:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32180#T=C&C=11

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=55976#T=C

 

 

Fascinating. Really, you should make more of these comparission topics.

Only things that they have in common is type of vehicle used as a inspiration and a colour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Fascinating. Really, you should make more of these comparission topics.

Only things that they have in common is type of vehicle used as a inspiration and a colour.

 

Thanks, I WILL continue to post whatever i like...i don't need your permission, i don't need your attitude, so why don't you F*CK OFF and take it somewhere else...m'kay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

Thanks, I WILL continue to post whatever i like...i don't need your permission, i don't need your attitude, so why don't you F*CK OFF and take it somewhere else...m'kay?

Well I dont want to backseat moderator, but this is friendly forum.Dont need to be rude to other in such hysterical way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ondra said:

Well I dont want to backseat moderator, but this is friendly forum.Dont need to be rude to other in such hysterical way.

same goes for him, i am PISSED OFF at the sniping, constant backseat modding and others telling other what they can and cant post. The forum ELITE constantly belittling other members, superiority complex and rampant egomania that is embedded on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard Dower said:

same goes for him, i am PISSED OFF at the sniping, constant backseat modding and others telling other what they can and cant post. The forum ELITE constantly belittling other members, superiority complex and rampant egomania that is embedded on this forum.

Listen, everything you have written about these two sets could be written in topic about 2017 Technic sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M_longer said:

Listen, everything you have written about these two sets could be written in topic about 2017 Technic sets.

DO NOT tell me what i can and cannot post, that is not your job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.