Captain Braunsfeld

Book 2 Challenge V Cat A: The Midgardian Messenger

The moonlit night was cold and icy.

His horse had been shot underneath him and so he was carrying on through the snowy night.

But wait: there was a shadow before him, surely one of his enemies. He readied his double-axe, preparing for battle.

He did not see the other warrior, standing on higher ground...

31858802263_1cefe2c19e_c.jpg

Some more shots to illustrate the scene:

31828321844_57f330ecff_c.jpg

This picture gives a better view of the footsteps in the snow:

31858800293_b956034912_c.jpg

32671094295_4822ff4d9a_c.jpg

C&C welcome!

......................................................................................................................................................................

It has occurred to me that I need to depict the late horse too.

31876820063_af878b48a8_c.jpg

However, this seems to kill the mood of the scene...:cry_sad:

32310019870_35a722248d_c.jpg

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Loving that background! It's awesome how you depicted a scene in a unique way.

Excellent scene, Captain Braunsfeld!

The starry backdrop really adds to the scene!  Your photography and lighting is perfect!  Nice snowy landscape and figures.  Leaving us hanging without knowing what happens makes me expectant for more of the story...

Great idea!

The stars are amazing, it indeed really adds, and you added it the right way. I wondered though if the dark bley object is a cloud or not :p

You see, @Captain Braunsfeld, reports of my demise were greatly exaggerated. :grin:

As for your build: Wow. I love that moody atmospheric nighttime look you've created here; it's just fantastic! The simplicity of the colorscheme is beautiful, and the sky turned out well. How did you light this? The snow looks like it's glistening in the moonlight. I'm impressed. :thumbup:

That first shot is gorgeous! You're landscaping is also very cool, the snowy SNOTted hills are great! :thumbup: very cool build overall

I like the background and the light you use gives your work a kind of spooky effect, great job :thumbup: 

But your courier is not quite a rider i think :sceptic:

23 hours ago, Windusky said:

Loving that background! It's awesome how you depicted a scene in a unique way.

Thanks - it seems to have worked out. :sweet:

23 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Excellent scene, Captain Braunsfeld!

The starry backdrop really adds to the scene!  Your photography and lighting is perfect!  Nice snowy landscape and figures.  Leaving us hanging without knowing what happens makes me expectant for more of the story...

:grin: I strongly hope that the lonely messenger will make it. He's my GoH sigfig...

20 hours ago, dathil said:

Great idea!

The stars are amazing, it indeed really adds, and you added it the right way. I wondered though if the dark bley object is a cloud or not :p

The one object attached to the "starry backdrop" is meant to be a cloud. It is grey and black on the "underbelly" (just as I think I cloud would be in a moonlit night).

14 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

You see, @Captain Braunsfeld, reports of my demise were greatly exaggerated. :grin:

As for your build: Wow. I love that moody atmospheric nighttime look you've created here; it's just fantastic! The simplicity of the colorscheme is beautiful, and the sky turned out well. How did you light this? The snow looks like it's glistening in the moonlight. I'm impressed. :thumbup:

Ah, Captain Mark Dee is back.  I myself took some absence from GoH, so it was high time to come back with something nice.

How did I light this? Well, I had to darken the pictures in the post-production phase, just like they did the night scenes in the movies :wink:

And then some strange effects started to appear which I dediced to keep.

Take a look on flickr.

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

That first shot is gorgeous! You're landscaping is also very cool, the snowy SNOTted hills are great! :thumbup: very cool build overall

Thanks - that makes me happy!

Great responses for a Thursday-evening-post :sweet:

2 minutes ago, don leopold said:

I like the background and the light you use gives your work a kind of spooky effect, great job :thumbup: 

But your courier is not quite a rider i think :sceptic:

Working on it...

Tremendous wintry night portrayed here! The sky backdrop really adds to the scene, and your SNOT and studs up snow are both excellent :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

Excellent entry !

your first pictures is just astonishing ! Wow !

Forced perspective, colour effects, brickbuilt background to simulate a starlight Sky ! Congratulations !

It is an excellent build ! And by now, it has become my favourite entry of the Challenge.

I love this!  The background with the stars and snow is awesome, and the photography is amazing.  I wish I could take pictures that well.  The whole landscape looks great.  Good job!

On 4.2.2017 at 1:54 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Tremendous wintry night portrayed here! The sky backdrop really adds to the scene, and your SNOT and studs up snow are both excellent :thumbup:

Thanks - wintry praise from your side is especially valued!

On 4.2.2017 at 4:14 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent entry !

your first pictures is just astonishing ! Wow !

Forced perspective, colour effects, brickbuilt background to simulate a starlight Sky ! Congratulations !

It is an excellent build ! And by now, it has become my favourite entry of the Challenge.

Very kind of you - please keep up this opinion until it is time to vote :laugh:

18 hours ago, Grover said:

I love this!  The background with the stars and snow is awesome, and the photography is amazing.  I wish I could take pictures that well.  The whole landscape looks great.  Good job!

:grin:  .. pictures slowly get better.  Kabel's comments have helped me a lot to improve.

Such a beautiful build, with just as good presentation! :wub: The backdrop is phenomenal, and I love the mix of SNOT/studs up snow :thumbup:
Fantastic footprints and tree as well :classic:

On 5.2.2017 at 9:33 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice snow! I like what you have done with the lighting, too. The footsteps are a nice touch. 

Thanks for noticing the footsteps :sweet:

4 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Such a beautiful build, with just as good presentation! :wub: The backdrop is phenomenal, and I love the mix of SNOT/studs up snow :thumbup:
Fantastic footprints and tree as well :classic:

So much praise - :blush:   I am flattered.

Uh-oh, doesn't like good for this fellow! Nice build, the night atmosphere is well done!

I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I love the effect that you used to make the background, very clever. the snow drifts are a nice touch as well, though I am not particularly fond of the snow steps in the back..or is that rock?

On 6.2.2017 at 10:18 PM, MassEditor said:

Uh-oh, doesn't like good for this fellow! Nice build, the night atmosphere is well done!

Thanks.  Let's see how this story will continue.

13 hours ago, ArchitectureFan said:

Nice and small!

I agree :grin: Thanks!

12 hours ago, Blufiji said:

I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I love the effect that you used to make the background, very clever. the snow drifts are a nice touch as well, though I am not particularly fond of the snow steps in the back..or is that rock?

That is supposed to be snow covered rock.

whoa! not sure if you got the glistening effect by chance or not, but hey, I'm speechless! :wub:

21 hours ago, en_zoo said:

whoa! not sure if you got the glistening effect by chance or not, but hey, I'm speechless! :wub:

Thanks - this MOC seems to be attracting a lot of attention.

Makes me happy :sweet:

OOO I see it now, i'm sorry I responded to you earlier on my phone. Once I got onto a computer, I can see the snow slopes and angles a lot clearer now. Apologies.

1 hour ago, Blufiji said:

OOO I see it now, i'm sorry I responded to you earlier on my phone. Once I got onto a computer, I can see the snow slopes and angles a lot clearer now. Apologies.

No worries - everything is fine - EXCEPT: I just realized my spelling error.  The title should read "The Mitgardian Messenger"... :cry_sad:

Just now, Captain Braunsfeld said:

No worries - everything is fine - EXCEPT: I just realized my spelling error.  The title should read "The Mitgardian Messenger"... :cry_sad:

bwahhahahahaha nice. It's OK i mess up all the time.

Excellent build and great lighting and photography, Captain B, that night sky works very well, and the snow-scape is awesome too! :thumbup: 

Keep it up! :wink: