Sign in to follow this  
Marco qm

(MOC) Mazda Miata-creator style

Mazda Miata

Mazda MiataMazda Miata

Mazda MiataMazda Miata

UPDATES:

After I uploaded it to Flickr, I noticed there where some things missing, like side-mirrors and some details at the front, so I made some changes.

Mazda Miata - Updated!

Mazda Miata - Updated!

Mazda Miata - Updated!

Information:

This car was built using Lego Creator style techniques, it has a lot of details and funcionality, like the opening doors and the detailed engine, to see more pictures you can go to my Flickr.

Lego Ideas:

This car is available to support on Lego Ideas, so if you like this, click here.

Thanks for stopping by,

-Marco. Qm

3 minutes ago, mechamike said:

Nice done, very true to the real thing.. Looks better with the top down!

I know, That's why there is only one picture of it with the top up! Thanks!

Nice job! Really well done.

I'm driving a Miata for over 15 years now. :)

Good to see the front smile. I think the door should have a bit more curve (the upper line) but I guess that is quite hard to pull of in Lego.

2 hours ago, horizon said:

Nice job! Really well done.

I'm driving a Miata for over 15 years now. :)

Good to see the front smile. I think the door should have a bit more curve (the upper line) but I guess that is quite hard to pull of in Lego.

Thanks! yeah, I know the door could have more curve, but for that I would have to change the whole door and the way it is connected to the rest of the car, so I will leave it for the future.

Not a bad attempt to capture the shape of the car. I agree it could do with some curve along its side too but in this scale I guess it's difficult.

i wonder if all those bricks are available in yellow ? Then I could make my car :)

On 2/3/2017 at 3:24 AM, peedeejay said:

Great shaping! Especially the front looks very good. Nice build!

Thanks!

On 2/3/2017 at 8:59 AM, Seasider said:

Not a bad attempt to capture the shape of the car. I agree it could do with some curve along its side too but in this scale I guess it's difficult.

i wonder if all those bricks are available in yellow ? Then I could make my car :)

Actually those are in Yellow (not sure about the 1x2x5 on the door but those can be replaed by many 1x4s or something), I would love to make one in that colour but I just don't have the  amount of bricks. Also, I'm planning on making an LDD file with building instructions, so if you want I can send you the file when I'm finnished.

I prefer the mouth on your red one. Oh and mine has a black windscreen surround as I have a J-Limited 2.

I like the door on the yellow, would it be possible to put curved bricks on the top of the door too, i think then you'd have a good representation of the door shape.

10 hours ago, Seasider said:

I prefer the mouth on your red one. Oh and mine has a black windscreen surround as I have a J-Limited 2.

I like the door on the yellow, would it be possible to put curved bricks on the top of the door too, i think then you'd have a good representation of the door shape.

I also prefer the mouth on the red one, and I also think the door could have more curve, but I didn't have enough bricks to make it look right. Anyway, thank you for your feedback and I will keep it in mind for a future miata! (Maybe I'll make it on blue, but I have very few pieces.

Edited by Marco qm

I've been seeing a lot of old Miatas cruising around lately, many of them with giant aftermarket spoilers! Never thought that would be a thing.