darkhorse00

[MOC] MG TC Racing Green

Sharing my MOC 1948 MG TC Racing Green. The build is meant for a series of my modular building MOC 6-studs wide vehicles, this time round for the Pet Shop townhouse. :) Hope you guys like the it!

32287122060_c5f3c5c8e7_z_d.jpg

32287120840_8983f8f857_z_d.jpg

32666204995_d10560dcf8_z_d.jpg

32513175892_d426497013_z_d.jpg

32287119790_eeacc1a038_z_d.jpg

32666202985_870e2c0fd4_z_d.jpg

32287114300_88a04cd42f_z_d.jpg

32287116160_d65cf9f812_z_d.jpg

32513171892_d33e9940ed_z_d.jpg

32666199475_134fb3b753_z_d.jpg

32513170042_51e4fe4f01_z_d.jpg

32513173102_1851910309_z_d.jpg

Reference photo of MG TC Racing taken from ClassicarGarage/Marc Vorgers

8263104727_a16cb06508_z_d.jpg

Check out my other MOC vehicles for modular building:

MOC Volkswagon Beetle Type 1 for Pet Shop: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/141253-moc-volkswagon-beetle-type-1/

MOD Cadillac v16 Convertible for Palace Cinema: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/121161-moc-1938-cadillac-v16-convertible/

MOC A4 Checker Cab for Cafe corner: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/123511-moc-1950-a4-checker-cab/

MOC Ford Thunderbird (First Generation) for Parisan Restaurant: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143150-moc-1955-ford-thunderbird-first-generation/

MOC Volkswagon Camper Van for Detective Office: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/144105-moc-volkswagen-type-2-camper-van/

Edited by darkhorse00

Lovely vintage car. You got the look pretty perfect and stayed nicely in scale as well. I also really like how you made the doors. So very simple, yet the perfect pieces for them! :classic: :thumbup:

The ones in the links look very good as well, but this one stays my favourite. Its just a brilliant and smooth interpretation.

Brilliant. You captured the essence quite well in LEGO form. The flaps work great for the doors. The angle works nicely.

I always enjoy seeing your car builds. They fit in well with the modulars. I should look into doing this for my own buildings. Although I have tons of wheels, but never the right looking wheels for these style of cars.

Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Lovely vintage car. You got the look pretty perfect and stayed nicely in scale as well. I also really like how you made the doors. So very simple, yet the perfect pieces for them! :classic: :thumbup:

The ones in the links look very good as well, but this one stays my favourite. Its just a brilliant and smooth interpretation.

Thank you for the like and the nice comments!

7 hours ago, pinioncorp said:

Lovely car, really captures the essence of the original. 

Thank you for the nice comments!

7 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Brilliant. You captured the essence quite well in LEGO form. The flaps work great for the doors. The angle works nicely.

I always enjoy seeing your car builds. They fit in well with the modulars. I should look into doing this for my own buildings. Although I have tons of wheels, but never the right looking wheels for these style of cars.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoy it! Thank you. Yes, I have been thinking of using different kind of wheels to fit in the vehicles too. More to come. Brick on!

A lovely build, and nice to see a recognisable car rather than the generic style of the City range.  

I wonder if there is a way of getting to doors to open the right way?  On the real MG TC, they hinge at the rear.  

Thank you for sharing.

Like every time your car fits perfectly into the modular series. :thumbup:

A hint for what is comming next? :wink:

Now, there's a cool ride!
Brilliantly designed.

Love the pictures with the modulars.
Keep it up.

7 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Wow, I really like this. Perfect shape and proportions. Well done!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, jus1973 said:

A lovely build, and nice to see a recognisable car rather than the generic style of the City range.  

I wonder if there is a way of getting to doors to open the right way?  On the real MG TC, they hinge at the rear.  

Oh. Thanks for the correction. I didn't realise that the door is hinged behind rather than the front till you mentioned it. For now, I guess I will keep it this way, until new pieces or any new idea come to my mind. But that is a good suggestion, KIV for that!

57 minutes ago, Zork said:

Thank you for sharing.

Like every time your car fits perfectly into the modular series. :thumbup:

A hint for what is comming next? :wink:

I got almost all the modular sets except for the market street and the town hall (Price is out of reach for me for now. Caught me off guard as it retire too soon) . There are still 3 modulars which I have yet to build a vehicle for them, so I will be building more. :)

44 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Now, there's a cool ride!
Brilliantly designed.

Love the pictures with the modulars.
Keep it up.

Thanks for the likes!

18 hours ago, stebai said:

Lovely design - Captures the essence of the MG incredibly well - Congrats!

18 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This is an amazin car!:wub:

The front nose in dark green and the silver radiator are gorgeous!

18 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Absolutely beautiful car. The shape and part usage is perfect. Would love to build one myself!

Woo yea. Thank you very much for the nice comments of the build!

This takes me back a few years ('74) to when I got the chance drive around in a friends MGb for several weeks while he was away. It was the most fun I ever had in car...  Very nice, well proportioned model. Easily recognizable. Good work, darkhorse00! You've done your mini-figs proud.

12 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Nice shaping, the doors are perfect. Love it.

Thanks for your nice comments!

16 hours ago, Rotundus said:

This takes me back a few years ('74) to when I got the chance drive around in a friends MGb for several weeks while he was away. It was the most fun I ever had in car...  Very nice, well proportioned model. Easily recognizable. Good work, darkhorse00! You've done your mini-figs proud.

Glad you have enjoy your ride. Thanks for the good comments!

Bonjour, serait il possible d'avoir le plan de montage de cette superbe création ? Je voudrais pouvoir compléter ma collection et aussi pouvoir prendre en photo la miniature sur la réel ! Merci pour votre aide. ?

On 12/7/2020 at 1:20 AM, Cyr said:

Bonjour, serait il possible d'avoir le plan de montage de cette superbe création ? Je voudrais pouvoir compléter ma collection et aussi pouvoir prendre en photo la miniature sur la réel ! Merci pour votre aide. ?

6 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Brilliant! Any chance of instructions? :grin:

Sorry folks, I haven't create instructions for this car.. Might be doing a slight revision of it.

I think i remember this from the LEGO vintage car contest.  Looks awesome @darkhorse00!   Especially love the doors. You've captured the look of the classic MG perfectly. :thumbup:

On 1/15/2021 at 11:09 PM, Dazzzy said:

I think i remember this from the LEGO vintage car contest.  Looks awesome @darkhorse00!   Especially love the doors. You've captured the look of the classic MG perfectly. :thumbup:

Thanks for the like and support!