Sign in to follow this  
Campistron

[OL] Grand opening of Oleon Theatre !

To the loyal subjects of the realm:

In order to promote culture of our dear Oleon, his majesty, King Philip I, ordered the construction of a great theater. With his protection and blessing, the royal comedians lead by the Marquis de Mascarille have established themselves in this brand new building. This troupe, renowned in all provinces of the Kingdom of Light, settled here for the only purpose of entertaining his majesty and all his loyal subjects ! For that, it will make a duty to propose to you a new comedy play each evening !

2827311-o_1b6v3c7tnci51rld1du222lh68m-fu

2827332-o_1b6v3ecl016t0pke1pdld11fh81p-f

This evening, the royal comedians of Oleon are pleased to offer you their last creation : The Affected Youg Ladies, a play written and performed by the Marquis de Mascarille himself ! In spite of all the rumors peddled by all the malicious grumpy, we can guarantee that this piece is just a harmless farce and that the king himself laughed at it ! There is the plot :

Two young women from the provinces who have come to Oleon in search of precious love. On stage comes Mascarille and Jodelet, two young men who pretend to be sophisticated men of the world. The two young ladies fall in love. But it is revealed that these two men are impostors whose real identities are valets !

2827390-o_1b6v3oek91eo1hr2c5iqc51r9s5s-f

Come to support the opening of the great theater of his majesty ! And continue to support efforts of the Marquis de Mascarille to promote Oleon culture beyond the borders of the kingdom !

Vive le Roi

Great build, the theater facade is really lovely!  I'm especially impressed by the winged microfigures on top - ingenious! :thumbup: 

Fantastic theater you got there. It really reminds me of a play set in 17th century France that I saw once. Also really nice to see some building in the Old World. 

Welcome to BoBS, Campistron! I saw this when it was frontpaged. Congrats! It's just marvelous! I love the architectural details, and the colors work well together. I especially like how you've left studs on the stage for placing actors, but by doing so in an orderly fashion, they don't detract from the otherwise tiled finished. All-in-all, just a thoroughly well thought-out and executed build! :thumbup: