Redbird11

10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle Mod

Rocky,

I can provide you the instructions for both mods I just have to create new ones for the landing gear because of the latest changes I did to it. I’m also currently working the wing gears to eliminate the voids in-between while still retaining its functionality, i’ll post pics as soon as it’s complete. Thanks for the Kudos on the mods!

So i’m continuing modifications to the shuttle, here is my attempt at eliminating the gap between the wing gears. Let me know your thoughts.

40911795242_ec73a260b7_b.jpg40953442231_cf8cc2dc2d_b.jpg40953437591_c541f4c3d7_b.jpg

So the internals are tricky, finding the right gears have been problematic but the current setup works. The weight of the wings are a bit of on issue when you try to raise them so they need a little bit of assistance to get them past the halfway point.

You've done such a good job of it I hadn't realised so much work was involved. It looks the same from the outside apart from the gaps.

If anyone is interested I have created the landing gear instructions, just send me a message with your email and i’ll send you the file.

Hi

you’ve Done a fantastic job.  Would it be possible please to get a copy of the instructions for the changes you’ve made as I have just about finished brick linking the shuttle and would like to modify it too

thanks

Tony

Your mod's are so good that now, honestly, the original lego cockpit kind of bugs me how inaccurate it is :D

Never owned this set but wow your mods make me want to get it now :wub: love what you did to the part where the wings meet the body and it looks so clean now!

If the wings won't go up, maybe try to reduce their weight?

After seeing your mods, I'm very tempted to buy this set too!

Thanks everyone for the comments. right now i’m currently working on another project but will get back to finishing the shuttle, when i do I will provide the instructions for my mods.  JarJarBonks I hadn’t thought about reducing the weight on the wings but the construction of them and the utilization of the SNOT technique doesn’t really allow for appropriate modification without destroying the look of the model. The issue that I have is not that big of a deal since changing wing positions doesn’t happen that often.

Your shuttle is very impressive, you must be very proud!

I'm not able to message other members yet, but I'd like to ask for some details regarding the mod. Do you have more detailed pictures of the ramp and the cabin entrance behind it (from the front and from the bottom of the ship)?

Monopodman, Thanks for the comments, the shuttle project was one of the first sets I started making my own adjustments so i spent a lot of time on it. As you have read in the post I do have instructions that I’m willing to send you, are you familiar with LDD? Unfortunately I don’t have any detailed pics and the shuttle is packed away in the closet because I don’t have any room to display my sets. if you want to give me your email I’d be more than happy to send the instructions to you.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Redbird11 said:

Monopodman, Thanks for the comments, the shuttle project was one of the first sets I started making my own adjustments so i spent a lot of time on it. As you have read in the post I do have instructions that I’m willing to send you, are you familiar with LDD? Unfortunately I don’t have any detailed pics and the shuttle is packed away in the closet because I don’t have any room to display my sets. if you want to give me your email I’d be more than happy to send the instructions to you.

That'd be great! Could you please PM me your e-mail address?

Hi, would you also be able to send me the instructions too?  I have been bricklinking the shuttle and would love to be able to include mods, thanks

By the way, the main 40 tooth gears for wing mechanism are available in white. I think it'll enhance the look! I just bought this set sealed for a way too high price (around 100 CAD above the market) so I want it to be perfect.

9 hours ago, monopodman said:

By the way, the main 40 tooth gears for wing mechanism are available in white. I think it'll enhance the look! I just bought this set sealed for a way too high price (around 100 CAD above the market) so I want it to be perfect.

Thanks, that’s a good idea - i’ll have a look

An original set was way too expensive in Australia too

I've always loved the look of this set and your mods are a big improvement. To the extent you have instructions or a file down the line, I'd be interested to see them!

Wauw! really nice mods! Would you be willing to send me the instructions too? I too am not able to send messages to other members yet! As a matter of fact, I just signed up with eurobricks because of this thread haha! :) Send me a pm if you want to send them :)