12 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Ha! don't worry about assumptions! My only query is the flex (or lack of) in the Z element... i'm totally happy with how more conventional anti-roll works, i just couldn't see the 'flex' in the z version... but it appears the central element does have some flex on the real thing. How does that translate in the lego version, the #2 connector is a pretty rigid piece?

By the way, i started down this route as i'm currently building a Peugeot 208 T16 pikes peak moc that uses something similar - torsion bar springs and a rocker arm onto a Z-type anti roll mechanism. Your life like implementation of the suspension is exactly what i'm aiming to achieve.. adding suspension is easy, life-like geometry not so! Its great to be able to discuss it though..

To be honest, there isn't as much flex as there is just slack in the pieces themselves (namely, the ball joints), so there is a slight delay before the ARB starts to work. However, there is still some flex in the gray ball joints at the point where they mount to the #2 connector, which is enough to create an anti-roll effect past the flex in the system.

Your Peugeot build sounds interesting though, do you have a WIP thread here on Eurobricks (or WIP photos somewhere else)? I'd be interested to follow that progress. :classic: 

20 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have any plans to do building instructions? 

I'm very hesitant to do building instructions for any of my models, mostly due to Lepin's existence. I do have an LDD file of the model, however.

In my opinion not sharing instructions is equally bad as the existence of bootleg companies. I hope we don't see a tendency of great models not having instructions. We are already "loosing" designers because they are in contract with a bootleg company, or selling complete models instead.

I, for one, would feel kind of honored if Lepin stole one on my designs. I don't think it's a safe business-plan to make a living of selling hobby Lego designs anyway (at least for most of us wannabes).

15 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

Your Peugeot build sounds interesting though, do you have a WIP thread here on Eurobricks (or WIP photos somewhere else)? I'd be interested to follow that progress. :classic: 

Hi, i've not got a thread yet... but i have started the build. well, kind of. I'd started the suspension, then i got 42056 and decided to strip all the bodywork off and use that as a base chassis. so the current state is totally new front axle with 4x4 and suspension, flat 6 engine and everything behind the back axle removed, rollcage moved 4 studs forwards, V6 engine in front of the rear axle, XL motor mounted under and to the right of the engine with its output driving the the engine and existing 42056 gearbox... fwd/rvrs function removed and the space used for the central diff... just about to connect the diff up to the axles.

I've not got a good image of the peugeot front axle yet (its the same running gear as the 908 endurance racer) so i've just got basic spring geometry with fwd at the minute. Pic of back end below...

Its still very much a test mule, nothing is tidy or resolved yet, but the basic layout isn't far off. rear suspension is still standard, so thats the next job. torsion springs, anti roll and a damper between the 2 sides - very similar to your front axle.

Peugeot 908, Spa 2011

20 hours ago, LvdH said:

I fully understand the bootleg company issues. If you can, could you send me the lxf via PM? I'd be very interested to have a look at it and one day build it. 

I'm away from home, but once I'm back, I'll send you a copy to look at. :classic:

14 hours ago, Lipko said:

In my opinion not sharing instructions is equally bad as the existence of bootleg companies. I hope we don't see a tendency of great models not having instructions. We are already "loosing" designers because they are in contract with a bootleg company, or selling complete models instead.

I, for one, would feel kind of honored if Lepin stole one on my designs. I don't think it's a safe business-plan to make a living of selling hobby Lego designs anyway (at least for most of us wannabes).

I totally understand your point. I've thought about it for quite some time, and I've considered selling instructions or having them available by request, rather than sharing them for anyone to get (if that makes sense). At the end of the day, it really comes down to how much work it is to create the instructions themselves, and as it stands, I'm already struggling to find time to build. :sceptic:

@TeamThrifty sounds interesting so far, once you get a thread going do let me know. :classic: 

Just now, VKTechnic said:

it really comes down to how much work it is to create the instructions themselves, and as it stands, I'm already struggling to find time to build

I'm 100% with you on that!

And also i enjoy trying to solve things.. taking inspiration from others, like from this thread/front axle, but for me 75% of the fun is in problem solving. Instructions on how to do it kind of.. unweave the rainbow if that makes sense.