Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[COMIC] "Kings And Queens Of The Sea" - Episodes

I hope that you don't dismantle those great ships Dreamweb :pir-look: Especially the Valor.

Edited by Broadside

The next one is coming out on Monday, so pretty soon...

I don't think I will write more about his dream - it would not make much sense as it was just a dream... One episode was enough... Everything else apart from that episode is "reality"...

The new episode is out!

The conclusion of last week's story, also with a subtle hint of what will happen in the next episode:

Episode 20 - The Jinx Part 2

Now, it is obvious that the story told in episodes 19 and 20 does not happen directly after episode 18. It sort of jumps into the past, although not distant past. It is connected with episodes 13 - 15. I've decided to prepare an explanation of sorts of what happens after what. It is NOT really necessary to read the text below, as all the facts are shown or mentioned in the story anyway, and anyone should be able to understand it all just by reading the comic carefully. However, for those who feel confused or are just curious, here it is...

WARNING! The text below contains major spoilers and you should NOT read this unless you've read all episodes INCLUDING Episode 20. It is revealed in here how Episode 20 ends, so please, first read the episode, then if you wish go back here and read the text. Thanks!

Chronologically, the story told in episodes 19 and 20 begins before the events of episode 13 and ends some time after episode 15. So episodes 16, 17 and 18 happen after the events of episode 20. Which means that episode 18 is the most "current" one so far.

Here's the timeline of events that take place in episodes 13, 14, 15, 19 and 20:

Day 1: Captain Kimmeridge from the pirate ship Barracuda orders his mates Pete, Jake and Adam to investigate the island that all sailors avoid. He says it will take them one day to get there, and that they will spend five days on the island before the pirate ship returns for them – which makes six days counting from day 1 (Episode 19).

Day 2: Pete, Jake and Adam arrive at the island, set up a camp and start their exploration (Episode 19, mentioned but not shown).

Day 3: Pete, Jake and Adam fall into trap door (let’s call it trap door #1) and are trapped in the maze. They start looking for a way out. They find the skeleton with the shield (let’s call him skeleton #1) but decide to leave it (Episode 19).

Day 4: Pete, Jake and Adam are still looking for a way out. They find skeletons #2, #3 and #4. Jake is scared and starts going crazy (Episode 19). Eve Hamilton and Juliet Sharp from the ship Valour arrive at the same island in a rowboat, fall into trap door #2 and are trapped in the maze as well (Episode 13). We know this is not the same trap door Pete, Jake and Adam fell into, because the red and white statues are located on the opposite sides of the room here, also the white wall piece is on the opposite side, compared to the room that trap door #1 leads into. This corresponds to the fact that there are two mirror parts of the maze (with two entrances and possibly two exits), as will be discovered by Eve in Episode 15. Anyway, Eve and Juliet start looking for a way out and come across skeleton #1. They take his shield with them (Episode 14).

Day 5: Pete, Jake and Adam come across skeleton #1 again and see that the shield is missing. Jake starts to panic and runs away from his mates. While doing so, he shoots his gun in the air and screams (Episode 19). Juliet hears that but thinks it’s a hallucination (Episode 15). Jake has hallucinations (Episode 20) and somehow finds a way out of the maze. He returns to the camp, takes a gun they left there and throws the rest of their possessions off the cliff and into the ocean (also Episode 20, mentioned but not shown). Bob Kolby and Mick Calloway from the Valour arrive at the island and start searching for Eve and Juliet (Episode 15, mentioned but not shown). Jake sees them and hides from them, remaining undetected (Episode 20, mentioned but not shown). Shortly after, Juliet and Eve exit the maze. They meet Bob and Mick and the four of them return to the Valour and leave (Episode 15). Afterwards, Pete and Adam exit the maze. They go back to the site of the camp, only to be attacked by Jake. They defeat him and throw him through the trap door again (Episode 20).

Day 6: Pete and Adam decide not to investigate the island anymore, and wait for the Barracuda to return (Episode 20, mentioned but not shown).

Day 7: The Barracuda returns to the island and takes Pete and Adam aboard. Pete tells captain Kimmeridge what had happened to them (Episode 20). The end. Phew!

Hope you like the new episode!

cruel punishment^^ nice episode Dreamweb!

Great job! I read all of them in one go! I want moreeeeeee...

Hehe keep up, you have a talent! Very cruel punishment indeed. Valour is a very good looking ship.

Episode 21: The Meeting at Brickshelf (reccomended)

And the same episode on MOCpages.

The episode itself is rather quiet as it shows some background of two of the main characters, however it leads into a bigger story which will be revealed in future episodes. The merchant vessel Prosperity featured here is of course played by a real-life Brickbeard's Bounty with its pirate insignia removed - I just needed a new ship to play a small part in the story and didn't have any new MOC available, so it seemed like a perfect solution.

Edited by Dreamweb

With Brickshelf up again, there was no need to choke the thread with all those pictures anymore. I've edited my previous post and just added a link to the Brickshelf gallery of Episode 21. Episode 22 will be up soon!

EPISODE 22 - Confession is here - feel free to read and comment. :pir-classic:

Another rather emotional episode, but I loved making it. I am now planning on some action-packed episodes for a change. However before that happens, one more episode is necessary to wrap up the story shown in episodes 21/22 - it should be ready soon.

Good new episode, good storyline (In the next episode I would like to see some more action though :pir-wink: ).

Anyway, nice work again :thumbup:

Agreed.

I love the fighting scenes, you seem to have a knack for them.

2 chapters to read, yaha !

Really dreamweb, I love your comic, if there were a nice printed version of it, I'll surely buy it ( well, if it's not 500€ each chapter XD )!

Thanks for the comments.

Episode 23 - Get To Know Them is up. As said before, it ends the story arc started in episode 21 and explains a few things. However some action is included this time - especially the duel scene, I really loved making that one, it was a lot of fun.

Very special thanks to Captain Green Hair who allowed me to use a picture of his MOC - The Yellow Thief, I asked him about that some time ago and then I had to take a break in making the comic, hope he didn't change his mind during that time. :pir-classic:

New episodes are currently in preparation, including a two- or maybe three-episode long story which will be almost pure action and not that much dialogue in contrast to the recent episodes - we'll see how it turns out though.

Good new episode :thumbup: I liked the fighting scene :pir-sweet: especially the 'blurry' image of Nancy

Also good to give us a sort of overall-look of some of the characters.

Can't whait to see the next episode, with more action :pir-classic:

Episode 24 - Cemetery In My Mind has been up on Brickshelf for two days now. Check it out if you want! For those who remember the story about the maze - this is a sequel to those events.

The story is inspired by a real cemetery I've once seen. :jollyroger:

I'm planning to begin work on next episodes soon. What I'm thinking of is quite different from what we've seen so far - one can say the series is going into a slightly different direction. But, as always, we'll see how it all turns up when the final results are ready.

Edited by Dreamweb

i`ve read all the parts and i have must addmit at that was maby the bestest storys what ive ever readed :pir-oh3: , cant wait untill the next episode comes out.

Keep it up mate, youre doing great :thumbup: `

:jollyroger: Captain Becker :jollyroger:

And I may have missed it, but why does Mr. Kolby have 'white' hands?

I've always considered them to be gloves actually...

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Episode 25 - Laurantia is up!

If you've read the previuos episode, there was a tie-in to this story right at the end of it. It obviously takes place in the past and far away from where the 'main' story occurs. But I really felt like doing something like that. Hope you enjoy it! :pir-classic:

Nice! :pir-sweet:

The pictures are from a very good quality again and the story is also fine.

Can't you make movies of this (or another) story? That would be great too.

I love your comic mate :pir-cry_happy: and that newest episode is awesome, good quality and a nice story once again :pir-classic: Keep it up mate

Captain Becker