Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[COMIC] "Kings And Queens Of The Sea" - Episodes

On 4/15/2020 at 6:16 PM, Fraunces said:

Nice! I am only 30 episodes behind :oh:

Actually I think episode 30 is a good point to start reading, even if you haven't read 1 to 29!

On 4/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, Faladrin said:

Excellent story ! :thumbup:

Glad to see you back to continue it @Dreamweb !

Thanks!

The time has come for the next chapter:

Episode 31: From above

00.jpg

Enjoy! :pir-classic:

6 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

The time has come for the next chapter:

And it's been a long time coming too!

Must look into this further when I have some spare time... If I get spare time...

And we're finally back!

The story continues with Episode 32: The Queen and the King.

Yes, its title is kind of similar to the title of the whole series. :pir-classic: This is very much intentional. Also, for the first time we actually see the Spaniards, who were mentioned eariler in the series. The story also contains an interesting, perhaps rather controversial revelation.

To be continued! :pirate:

00.jpg

No way! This is awesome, to be continued after so many years. Well, I know how to spend my next free moment :pir-classic:.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Sebeus I said:

No way! This is awesome, to be continued after so many years. Well, I know how to spend my next free moment :pir-classic:.

Well, not so long ago even I didn't know it would continue. By all means go ahead! :pir-classic:

Anyway, Episode 33: The Bout is here, so feel free to read that one too! :pir-devil:

00.jpg

Greetings! We have finally reached the last episode. You can click below to read it:

Episode 37: It's Over

00.jpg

So, there will be no more episodes. Does this mean there is no more story to be told? Hell no. The story itself will return, in a slightly different way, with a fresh restart, one day... :pir-classic:

However, since this is the definite ending of this portion of it, or the first series if you will, let me add a few things...

I joined Eurobricks in 2005. I started this series in 2008. The start was rough. I introduced certain things which I now regret, like the dreadful aliens which now I have finally gotten rid of (fortunately, their presence was barely seen anyway). And the quality of these early episodes, both in terms of the story and the images, was frankly not that good. It definitely needed some time to find its right tracks. And even among those later episodes, there were a few stinkers.

But it premiered in slightly different times... The times when people actually cared about the things you uploaded to Brickshelf, or to this forum. I remember receiving quite interesting feedback to this story, but also to my MOCs, which, I have to admit, were mostly awful in 2005-2008... Since then my building style has improved a lot, although I'm still far below the level of many wonderful MOCers seen here. But I use bulding as a means to tell the story, and I think the comic itself has also improved. And hopefully it will get even better when it's back in its new incarnation...

Today, a lot of people on the Internet have become indifferent. They don't care, or maybe they don't have the time to look at all this stuff anymore. Do you remember the times when even crappy MOCs (like those early builds of mine) had thousands of views on Brickshelf within several days after uploading? And people actually discussed them, whether they liked them or not? I do, and I'm sure a lot of you do too. I think one of the reasons behind this involved the fact that there were less MOCs published back then, less galleries and forum threads... Today you have plenty of those and maybe it's hard to focus on specific things because of that. And by the way, those were also the times when each and every website did not attack you with "Accept our privacy policy" first, then "Accept cookies", then "Do you want to receive notifications" and finally "Do you want to install our app?" before you could finally see what the damn page is about. Each time I'm attacked by this crap, it reminds me of this scene: :pir-classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKl6YVubyv8

Yeah, the Internet was much more fun 10 years ago and more. And I see it not just on this forum, but on others too, where people were much more willing and eager to talk about thier passions and hobbies and comment on other people's work. The abundance of stuff is one thing, but the approach of people is something different, and that has changed too...

And please don't interpret this as if I was an old AFOL complaining: Boo-hoo, they don't read my comic. That's not really the case. You see, I used to draw comics back at school (and I even suck at drawing) and then put them at the bottom of a drawer. OK, maybe 4 or 5 friends from my school saw them, but that was it. But I did it because I liked it. And the comic here is like the continuation of that tradition. And I will be doing more of it, even if it remains on the hard drive of my home computer. Because I like doing it. What I was trying to tell you is just a general observation of an overall trend.

OK, that's all from me for now... Once again, this chunk of the story is over, 12 years after it started. I'm yet to make up my mind on how to celebrate this. I have a bottle of rum in the closet though... So perhaps I shall just splice the mainbrace. :pir_laugh2:

Never knew this existed until this weekend. Seen the 1st 10 episodes by now and very much enjoying it. I find it relaxing and engaging and plan to fill some more evenings with it this week. It also brings back some very enjoyable memories from past times. Style wise it just clicks. But then again, I turned 41 this weekend, so like you I still remember a time when these things were more appreciated. It's nice to see these things still exist(ed) in a time when there's too much quick fix and simply uninteresting online 'garbage'.

Thank you very much for making this series.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:47 AM, Verodin said:

Seen the 1st 10 episodes by now and very much enjoying it. I find it relaxing and engaging and plan to fill some more evenings with it this week. It also brings back some very enjoyable memories from past times. Style wise it just clicks. But then again, I turned 41 this weekend, so like you I still remember a time when these things were more appreciated. It's nice to see these things still exist(ed) in a time when there's too much quick fix and simply uninteresting online 'garbage'.

Thanks very much! Then you're yet to read the best parts in my opinion, as those first dozen or so episodes are pretty much so-so. Although they do have some better moments I guess. The quality of images gets better in later episodes too!

Accpept my delayed happy birthday then, I turned 39 this year and I absolutely agree with your statements. Anyway, the story will be back in a new way, and I hope it will be better than before. Before this happens, I'm planning to introduce another MOC which I built specifacally for the comic, but it will be in a separate thread. Soon, hopefully. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :pir-classic:

On 10/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Very good!

:pir-huzzah2:

Thanks mate! There's more to come. :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Dreamweb

As announced some time ago, my comic "Kings & Queens of the Sea" is finally back. However, this is a new beginning, a new story with a new main ship, a new crew (although with characters who appeared in the old series), etc.

Therefore, in contrast to the old series which consisted of episodes 1 to 37, the new one will have numbered chapters, starting from the first one right here and now:

00.jpg

The chapter can be read in its pictorial form FOLLOWING THIS LINK, but that's not all! With this new series I have also introduced a new feature, namely - all chapters will also be presented as movies, so that all you have to do is press play and enjoy. These movies will be uploaded to my INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT, and the first chapter can already be watched right here:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPm92i3p4V0/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Just remember to turn on the full screen mode!

It realy isn't necessary to read the old series to enjoy the new one, as Chapter 1 serves as an introduction to the current story. That's why it contains some character bios, etc. However, if you want to, the whole comic (old and new series) is always available for reading IN THIS BRICKSHELF FOLDER. Just keep in mind that those old episodes were made long ago (starting from 2008!), when both my building and storytelling skills were much, much worse than today (I hope so :) ). Not to mention the fact that I had ten times less bricks back then, and their diversity and availability was much lower (that was before the return of Pirates in 2009).

Anyway, that was the past. Here we are today, with a new series = new quality, a new format (movies), a new story... It does not forget what happened in the old one, but it moves forward! I encourage you to read the first chapter, either as separate pictures or as a movie, or both - it's up to you.

I also wish to add that in those early chapters, I was experimenting with the resolution, aspect ratio, etc. of the movies. Chapters 1 and 2 will look different from the rest. Starting from Chapter 3, it will switch to Full HD (1920×1080). For now, we only have Chapter 1, and I plan to add new chapters in more or less weekly intervals.

Edited by Dreamweb

7 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

As announced some time ago, my comic "Kings & Queens of the Sea" is finally back.

Hooray! :pir-love::pir-huzzah2:

You've given me a reason to continue living. :pir-thumb: