Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[COMIC] "Kings And Queens Of The Sea" - Episodes

Hello! When will be the 26 episode? Thnk you

Edited by Alblego

Hi, thanks for your interest! I've been busy with some other MOCs but I'm working on the comic again right now! So you can expect new episode soon!

Episode 26 - Laurantia Part 2 is finally up.

I didn't have much time to work on the comic lately but I hope it won't be that long before another episodes are ready. Meanwhile, hope you like this one.

I'm working on new episodes, I've also been thinking about adding some extra stuff, like character bios and that kind of things.

Great episode Dreamweb, I really enjoy reading your comics :pir-classic:

Another great comic Dreamweb! :thumbup: I've been following these comics since before I joined, and I look forward to each and every one. :pir-sweet:

-

General Redwater

The new episode has been public for a few days now, but I couldn't announce it yet due to some problems with internet connection.

So here's Episode 27 - Laurantia Part 3.

08.jpg

This Laurantia story arc has grown a little long I must admit, but I think it's worth it as I'm planning some really crazy ending to it, and I'm enjoying this less pirate-like and more castle-like interlude, but no worries, we'll get back to the main story and the crew of the Valour eventually!

Hope you enjoy it!

Ooh, cant wait until the next chapter comes, and the comic wasnt too long at all, i like the long comics couse ´then i have more reading and i love reading :pir-blush: Keep it up mate, keep it up

Captain Becker

Finally, two and a half years after my comic series premiered, I made an official website for it:

http://piratecomic.hitart.com

The website is still under construction, but all the most important features are there, including all episodes released so far. I've also added a large section called LIBRARY when you can find trivia and information about episodes, characters, ships and so on. I hope to expand it in the future to cover all kinds of stuff featured in the comic.

Please note that this site may not be very fancy-looking, but creating websites is not something I do very often or am very good at. Besides, I'm still working on it... Anyway, feel free to visit it!

That's not all. I've also made a short movie - it's both a trailer of sorts for the comic series, and an advertisement of the new website. Thanks to Classic-Pirates.com crew for allowing me to upload it to our official YouTube channel! :thumbup:

I made a separate thread about the film itself in Brick Flicks & Comics forum, you may read it HERE.

Any comments are welcome! :pir-classic:

Edited by Dreamweb

Very nice work Dreamweb! Best of luck concerning the website :thumbup:

WOW!!! i have read all 27 episodes out so far just today... i must say, these are very good dreamweb... there is some stuff that i probably wouldnt added, but maybe im just not as creative :pir-classic:

i am looking forward to getting back to the crew of the valour!

i've been realy enjoying these comic's i've been reading them for 3 times now, and i cant wait fort he next chapter. could you give us a release date for the next chapter?

claus

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of my comic's premiere (I'm a few days late, but still...), I've prepared new versions of all the episodes released so far. They are much, much better IMO.

What's the difference? They're in .pdf format now, easy to read and also easy to print (in A4 format). And now each page contains several pictures, while in the old version each picture was a separate link, which might've been a tiresome thing to view.

This new version is definitely the ultimate one and THE version to be read. If you are not familiar with my comic yet, or if you are and want to read it once more, the links below are exactly the right place to go!

I've also edited the first post to include new links. Old links are still there too. Now all I need is to find some time to work on my comic's website, but that's another matter.

Please also note that my comic series has evolved since the early episodes. New episodes look better IMO, as with time I was getting more and more experienced with the use of my camera. Also the backgrounds have improved since the early episodes, where they didn't look that good I think.

So, without further ado, here are the links to .pdf versions of all 27 episodes released so far. You can view them in the browser, or you can download them to your computer and read from there, or even print them if you wish.

Episode 1: The Valour (premiere: Jan 21 2008)

Episode 2: Get To Know Me (premiere: Jan 28 2008)

Episode 3: The Uncharted Island (premiere: Feb 4 2008)

Episode 4: Come Along (premiere: Feb 11 2008)

Episode 5: The Encounter (premiere: Feb 18 2008)

Episode 6: The End Of The Beginning (premiere: Feb 25 2008)

Episode 7: The Unexpected Guest Part 1 (premiere: May 19 2008)

Episode 8: The Unexpected Guest Part 2 (premiere: May 26 2008)

Episode 9: Low Men In Blue Coats (premiere: Jun 23 2008)

Episode 10: New Leeds Part 1 (premiere: Jun 30 2008)

Episode 11: New Leeds Part 2 (premiere: Jul 7 2008)

Episode 12: The Beast Island (premiere: Jul 28 2008)

Episode 13: The Fall (premiere: Sep 29 2008)

Episode 14: The Maze Part 1 (premiere: Oct 6 2008)

Episode 15: The Maze Part 2 (premiere: Oct 13 2008)

Episode 16: The Turmoil (premiere: Apr 13 2009)

Episode 17: Venom (premiere: Apr 20 2009)

Episode 18: This Is Home (premiere: Apr 27 2009)

Episode 19: The Jinx Part 1 (premiere: Jun 22 2009)

Episode 20: The Jinx Part 2 (premiere: Jun 29 2009)

Episode 21: The Meeting (premiere: Nov 25 2009)

Episode 22: Confession (premiere: Dec 10 2009)

Episode 23: Get To Know Them (premiere: Dec 25 2009)

Episode 24: Cemetery In My Mind (premiere: Jan 21 2010)

Episode 25: Laurantia (premiere: Mar 1 2010)

Episode 26: Laurantia Part 2 (premiere: Jul 1 2010)

Episode 27: Laurantia Part 3 (premiere: Aug 6 2010)

Edited by Dreamweb

Thanks for doing this Dreamweb :thumbup:

There defiantly a lot easier to read.

Edited by Ratshot

A very interesting concept, I think it's unique for Lego Pirates! The pdf makes them much easier to read and when I have the time I might try to read them all!

Good luck with your website as well!

Has been a while since you've posted last chapter..

I started to read them a couple days ago and they're simply great. Sometimes reminds me something like "trek" saga :thumbup:

Hope to see new works again :wub:

Unfortunately I don't think there will be new episodes. I just really don't have the time. I prefer to spend all the time I have for LEGO building (a new ship is under construction). But I can spoil what would have happened in the future episodes if you wish... :pir-classic:

I guess one long post would suffice. And to be perfectly clear - I don't have the whole story, just what would happen in the next few episodes. What follows is anyone's guess. :classic:

...or perhaps you could first finish your ship, and then finish this series (maybe with the new ship appearing in it)?

There's no hurry. Give it some more suspense. This excellent series needs a proper ending :pir-classic:

Having considered all the pros and cons, I guess I might make some new episodes after all, even despite the fact that it's been ages since the last issue went online. Today I discovered I had even taken a few pictures intended for the next episode, and it was so long ago I honestly forgot about taking them. I just got stuck within this story arc which isn't really about pirates and sailing, it is much closer to castle/fantasy, but it is a vital part of the story nonetheless. I'm still struggling with this but I think a few more chapters wouldn't hurt.

Well, almost ten years after the last entry in my comic series, allow me to announce this: Kings and Queens of the Sea will be back soon! And this is NOT an April Fool's thing!

00.jpg

What are the plans? To make the story look and read better. Those early parts did not look that good and I'm aware of this. But it's been ten years, and even more if you count since the beginning. We have all made some progress, at least I hope I have. :) I myself am also a very different person from who I was back then. Some big changes are coming story-wise too.

So anyway, stary tuned for more of the story soon! And if you want to catch up with what has happened until now, here is the story so far - some of it better, some of it worse:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dreamweb/PiratesTheme/Comic

Well, like I said, the story is back after 10 years! And with three new episodes all at once! Why? Well first of all I wanted to end the Laurantia story arc which had become a bit too long for my taste, it is a flashback story connected to the background of one of the main characters named Eve Hamilton and there are no sailors or sea in it (it shows her adventures on one of the islands which she visited while trying to sail around the world before the current events; the island is less advanced in terms of development so it feels more like LEGO Castle than Pirates :classic: ). We ended with Part 3 in 2010 (yes, really), so here are two final chapters of this story arc:

Episode 28: Laurantia Part 4

Episode 29: Laurantia Part 5

And if you are curious what happened earlier, you can go to the first post in this thread, I just updated it with links to all episodes!

And by the way, some of the images shown in those two final parts of this story were taken by me as early as in 2010, some in 2013 (I think), and the rest just recently. They are all mixed up in here and it shows (considering I used different cameras over the years, with different quality of images too). But anyway, it's finally over so we can move on to:

Episode 30: Grand Sovereign Realm

00.jpg

Where we are back at sea, on the "present" day of the whole series. And it is a true new beginning, or, at the very least, a game changer for our characters. What will happen next? We shall see. :pir-grin:

Edited by Dreamweb
image update