Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB] RNTC - New Spices for the Old World

Hello, fellow land-lubbers and spice enthusiasts,

one last build for the month, still in time!

New Spices for the Old World

32254969920_541a3e757f_c.jpg

After the huge commercial success following the introduction of peppercorn to the Île de Zeus - and its echo in the Old World - the RNTC has decided to use the prime agricultural conditions of Stéphanique to turn this relatively new spice into a cash crop.

Here you can see workers bringing in the first of three possible harvests of the year. The fruits are collected at different stages of ripeness, in order to produce differing final products.

31822582953_17d4fbd2d3_c.jpg

Also, some part of the harvest will be transported back to the facilities in Lavalette by land, while the other part will be sent down the river in barrels, drenched in water, as a base for yet more varying products.

32594063966_6dcf76104f_c.jpg

32634572555_7b3101574c_c.jpg

The officials of the RNTC are confident that the demand for pepper in the Old World will skyrocket - and flush gigantic amounts of cash into the company's treasury. Plans for the massive expansion of the peppercorn business in Lavalette are on their way.

About:

This one... took a while. It's my first big time attempt at depicting vegetation, and all these silly little bits of green and grey had to be placed one after the other... I wanted to show a plantation that's been 'cut' into the jungle, as Lavalette is still in an early stage of its development, I thought this would fit better than simply to show a field full of peppercorn plants. And I'm quite content with the result. The only thing I have issues with is the rendered water here - two layers of transparent plates and tiles... but the result is rather boring. Hmm... next time I have to try something else, maybe something with less of a regular pattern. Oh, and the palm leafs are attached with clips to this part here.

Thanks for watching,

C&C as always welcome :classic:

Vive le Roi!

The water is indeed slightly boring, but otherwise this build is pretty awesome, great job with the vegetation and I really like how you built it into the jungle so to speak!  The white flowers and palm leaves look great but what especially catches my eye as being something really simple but that I don't think I've ever seen before is the stones mixed right in with the green... it looks great as an overgrown pathway and is something I'm filing away mentally for future use!  The rows of plants look really good too! :thumbup: 

That is lovely. The river kind of lacks - I think you should have turned the plates by 90° so that they lie with the flow of the river - but the peppercorn, the palmtrees, the dense vegetation, the workers and especially those small paths right in the green are just superbly amazing! Wonderful! Gimme more of that peppercorn!

You've done a great job on the foliage here, especially considering how LDD makes things look less natural. However I can agree that the water needs some work.

Great looking vegetation, KB, agricultural and wild both. The overgrown paths/down trodden grass is very effective, and I like how it is interspersed with jungle.

While I agree the water isn't perfect (and that the tiles should have been turned 90 degree), I really like the shores and the rocks, including the use of cheese slopes for rapids.

Good luck to the RNTC! Well done.

Excellent KB! I am becoming a fanboy of your builds! hehehe! Give peppercorn to the people! Then let Phred sell them wine to appease the hotness! Double money! $$$$$$$$$

Cool plantation. Those pepper plants look fantastic and the whole scene turned out really well. I especially like the textures of the base, and it does look like it was cut into the jungle. Good stuff. :thumbup: