Sign in to follow this  
r2-d2-96

[MOC] Kingdoms Giant Chess

This is MOC of Spring 2013-March 2014. A long time ago I really wanted to buy 852293, but it doesn't sold in Russia, so I decided to make my own version of giant chess. It has been exhibited at the exhibition DoubleBrick Fest 2014 at Dolgoprudny, Moscow region.

All figures stay at their own standing pieces, but this pieces are not gray, as in the original set, but white or black.

chess.jpg

View from above.

pic_1817.jpg

From white player's view.

pic_1789.jpg

From black player's view.

pic_1777.jpg

Chess board consist of 576 tiles and one gray baseplate 48x48.

pic_1628.jpg

White chess pieces are the Knights of the Lion Kingdom.

pic_1825.jpg

Rook H1 is a tower with an archer and Knight G1 is a noble knight and his trusty steed.

pic_1830.jpg

Bishop F1 is a wizard with his magic staff and owl and King E1 is a Lion king with a sword and scepter.

pic_1839.jpg

Queen D1 is a Lion queen with a goblet and scepter and Bishop C1 (you can distinguish light-squared and dark-squared Bishops not only by the color of the square they're stood, but also by the color of their beards).

pic_1845.jpg

Knight B1 and Rook A1.

pic_1849.jpg

Pawns H2 and G2.

pic_1663.jpg

Pawns F2 and E2.

pic_1668.jpg

Pawns D2 and C2.

pic_1670.jpg

Pawns B2 and A2.

pic_1679.jpg

Black chess pieces are the Knights of the Dragon Kingdom.

pic_1706.jpg

Rook A8 is a tower with an archer and Knight B8 is a noble knight and his trusty steed.

pic_1684.jpg

Bishop C8 is a wizard with his magic staff and dragon and Queen D8 is a Dragon queen with a goblet and scepter.

pic_1689.jpg

King E8 is a Dragon king with a sword and scepter and Bishop F8.

pic_1693.jpg

Knight G8 and Rook H8.

pic_1699.jpg

Pawns A7 and B7.

pic_1711.jpg

Pawns C7 and D7.

pic_1720.jpg

Pawns E7 and F7.

pic_1724.jpg

Pawns G7 and H7.

pic_1731.jpg

Thanks for watching and any comments are very welcomed)

Wow, nice chess set! :wub: I agree that the black king looks a little out of place, but besides that, this is fantastic. Those are some giant play pieces, for sure, and unlike so many LEGO chess sets I think I could actually keep up with what each one represents once they've been moved from their starting spots. You've designed the different pieces extremely well, and faithfully to the classic interpretations. This looks like it would be fun to play with. :excited:

AgentKallus of Hydra, yes, I know...

SerenityInFire, I will try to find it, but I lost the chance to buy it when it was at stores( Thank you!

Captain Dee, thank you very much! Yes, to play with my chess is really fun! =^_^=

LEGO Train 12 Volts, oh, thank you))) :D

kieran, thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I buit this chess at 2013-2014, and it cost me approximately 20,000 RUB (666.67 USD), because I had to order the bricks in several different stores in Europe, and the delivery to our country is very expensive. Of course, if I lived in Western Europe, they would have cost me much cheaper. But since now the figures from these sets are much harder to find, the cost of chess only increased. ;)

Nice work. I like the design of the thrones, very classy. I think the build could be improved if the towers and such weren't identical on both sides. The Dragon tower especially could use some brown pieces as that was a main color of the faction.

Edited by BrickJagger

Nice chessboard with great pieces! :thumbup:

Are you planning to make some details at the sides of the chessboard just like the big set of Castle?