Sign in to follow this  
Franco Clarke

[OL-FB2] Wilbeck's Fleet

Otto Wilbeck, Baron of the High Seas, and Captain of the Annihilator, did not like being woken up early in the morning. He glared at the sailor who had woken him.

'If this isn't worth it, you will share their fate' he growled gesturing to a cage with a corpse streched out inside.

The sailor, petrified managed to stutter, 'Th-the Imperials are here, a war sloop, what should we do?'

The Baron of the High Seas paled and rushed to the window.

'Oh no this isn't fair no no no' Otto Wilbeck drew his cutlass and drove it through the unfortunate pirate's chest, 'Never give me such bad news again!'

32510415421_42574d3ff7_z.jpg

He begun shovelling his treasures into a chest, stuffed a couple of flintlocks into his belt and burst outside.

'Argh me hearties, it be time to find a new nest! Deploy the fleet and load all valuable aboard the Annihilator'

The pirate nest collapsed into a frenzy of action as the war sloop approached.

'All men prepare for battle, it appears the pirates have come out to greet us!' Erwin shouted, 'Marines move to the bow and pick off the crews of the closer boats. Gun crew, engage those vessels at longer range.'

Stingray cut towards the encroaching mass of small pirate boats, and soon the air was thick with shot. However whilst Stingray's thick hull protected it from the pirate's muskets, the same was not true in reverse. One after another the boats were dispatched, their bows smashed by accurate cannon fire, or their keels crushed under Stingray's heavy bow.

32510415071_d410214dfc_z.jpg

In little under 10 minutes all that was left of Otto Wilbeck's pirate fleet was a scrum of timbers and a few tattered sails.

Stingray hurtled onwards toward the Pirate nest, just as the Annihilator set sail.

'All gun crews prepare to fire on their fortress, we will level it so that they cannot return here.' Erwin commanded.

32510414931_c389a5b097_z.jpg

Like a well oiled machine, Stingray swung around so it was broadside on to the ramshackle pirate settlement. A couple of salvos was all it took until the crumbling walls were brought crashing down.

'Commander,' Private Collins announced, 'the convoy has entered the area, should we signal the all clear?'

'You may Collins,' replied Erwin, 'our job here is done, let's go home.'

Continuing on from yesterday, we find the pirate's home port. I wanted this build to look like an islander settlement which the pirates have 'liberated' hence the statues and the like.

32510414801_0b6e81bcd1_z.jpg

32253466470_a4e3b000c6_z.jpg

Great make-over of the islanders island!! :)

I am always looking forward reading your next story :sweet:

I want to say that I really enjoy all of your vessels. It's great to see some small but nifty ship designs besides all the enormous warships with dozens of cannons.

And that pirate hideout features a wonderful nostalgic style that brings back all the memories of the old pirate line. I wished the Lego designers would bring back a bit of the 80/90ies feeling that your work celebrates.

Oh, and technically you gave us the very first true pirate hideout in BoBS history. Something I thought we would see more often at the beginning of this crazy circus.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Really nice set of builds. Your ships are superb, along with the fortress. I also really like the cannon firing and the flames. 

Thank you all, I am glad you liked this year's start, and build.

On 01/02/2017 at 9:05 PM, Jacob Nion said:

I want to say that I really enjoy all of your vessels. It's great to see some small but nifty ship designs besides all the enormous warships with dozens of cannons.

And that pirate hideout features a wonderful nostalgic style that brings back all the memories of the old pirate line. I wished the Lego designers would bring back a bit of the 80/90ies feeling that your work celebrates.

Oh, and technically you gave us the very first true pirate hideout in BoBS history. Something I thought we would see more often at the beginning of this crazy circus.

Thank you, I do like building in 'classic' style (perhaps because it's easier than being realistic :pir-grin: ), and I do plan on making other little pirate nests!

Another neat build and story, Franco, the island looks like a proper pirate hide-away, and the statues and arch in particular are great! :thumbup:  And remind me never to sign up as a crew-member for that pirate! :grin: