Sign in to follow this  
r2-d2-96

[MOC] "It's too late to apologize" or Severus Snape's memories

This is MOC of December 2012. I built my first vignette for a Magic World of Harry Potter Contest on DoubleBrick.ru and it took 9th place with 15 votes.

The contest task were to illustrate one scene from HP book and the base of vignette should be no more than 16x16. At that moment I had only four HP minifigures (Harry, Draco, Snape and Bellatrix) so I decided to made something more interesting than just a Potions lesson.

“I only came out because Mary told me you were threatening to sleep here.”
   “I was. I would have done. I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just—”
   “Slipped out?” There was no pity in Lily’s voice. “It’s too late. I’ve made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends—you see, you don’t even deny it! You don’t even deny that’s what you’re all aiming to be! You can’t wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?”
   He opened his mouth, but closed it without speaking.
   “I can’t pretend anymore. You’ve chosen your way, I’ve chosen mine.”
   “No—listen, I didn’t mean—”
   “—to call me Mudblood? But you call everyone of my birth Mudblood, Severus. Why should I be any different?”
   He struggled on the verge of speech, but with a contemptuous look she turned and climbed back through the portrait hole…
© J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapter 33 The Prince's Tale.

Main photo.

pic_5565.jpg

Empty space in vignette emphasizes the distance that has arisen between the characters.

pic_5549.jpg

Young Severus.

pic_5583.jpg

Portrait of the Fat Lady and young Lily.

pic_5574.jpg

Lily Evans and Severus Snape.

pic_5580.jpg

Without minifigures.

pic_5575.jpg

Backside view.

pic_5561.jpg

Portrait of the Fat Lady can be raised to open the entrance to Gryffindor Tower.

pic_5578.jpg

Lily leaves. 

pic_5588.jpg

It's too late to apologize...

pic_5603.jpg

Thanks for watching and any comments are very welcomed)

Edited by r2-d2-96