32216690750_6159f1a56c_b.jpg

Montario, on the island of Nellisa. Home of the rich and important on Nellisa, centre of education, art and culture in the Eslandolan Colonies. Home to the Lion Hall, an assembly hall for the Colonial Council of Eslandola.

32443134822_3420b78867_b.jpg

The estate is protected by a small gatehouse, from which a driveway climbs the small hill, ending in a circle around a fountain in front of the stairs to the gates of the Council Hall.
The hall itself shows architectural intricacies, most iconic of all the lionheads engraved into the wall, giving the hall its name. The roof is shaped in the typical Montario-style. A golden ridge crowns the roof, and green and yellow flags wave in the wind, displaying the pride of Eslandola.

32443128832_ab9f3a3ca6_c.jpg

31783834063_6bc89dbfe2_c.jpg

32216608120_5f46754316_c.jpg

A broad stair leads up towards the gates, flanked by two statues: The Warrior and The Explorer, both in golden colour, displaying what has made Eslandola great in the colonies: Fortitude, Exploration and Mercantilism.

32216661430_529a036336.jpg

The large windows make sure the Council Hall is flooded with light, for long council sessions.

32555378346_b65314042a.jpg

The large Lion Hall provides space for all potential 25 members of the Colonial Council, arranged in rows of three each, with a small podium for the Admius Legistrad, leading the sessions.

32472956991_5ca381981b.jpg

The gatehouse is always guarded by two guards from "The Eagles of Nellisa", one of Román Fontonajo's private troops.

32555345766_7a617d67e5.jpg

At the end of the driveway a small fountain adds some motion to the silent estate.

32555335366_8d40a239a6.jpg

A small look ahead in time, towards the evening before the first session of the Colonial Council on Nellisa:

Román Esteban Fontonajo, build-owner of the Lion Hall, and current Admius Legistrad, has just finished some work in preparations for tomorrow's session and is enjoying a rare sip of fine Oleander red wine, while outside his loyal bodyguard Betito watches the entrance, and a carriage stands ready and waiting.

32216645250_3a8f6eed22.jpg

General Samu from the Prio Seas: "We must not relent enforcing our naval and armed forces! War is always at hand!"
Farrucio Paraja from MAESTRO: "I fully agree, as you know, but as I have stated numerous time: Quality before quantity. We must cease to build ships of lesser excellence."

31783796213_7371932f52.jpg

Aaron van der Meede: "I cannot, and will not, change my opinion on this matter, dear Senor Fontonajo, with all the appropriate respect towards your well thought-out arguments."
Raphael Fontonajo: "At some point, young man, at some point in the future you will realise. There is more to being right than the exact wording of the law."
George da Pontelli just made a quick gesture, throwing his banana away.
Aaron van der Meede: "So true, George, so very true indeed..."

32443225882_7348dbeba9.jpg

Will be licensed as "Royal Art & Culture" in Montario on Nellisa. Studcount ~12.000.
More pictures can be found in the flickr album. If you want to see a close-up of something else please just let me know.

Finally This one is for you @Capt Wolf

32595938755_259a25ef09.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Oh, how I love those windows! :wub: And that style of roof profiles always looks good. Looking forward to the next assembly of the council.

This is yet one more great MOC Elo! It surely emanates grandeur! Although I would like some more greenery tbh (the green plates seem rather empty as they are) Seriously now, HOW DO YOU FIND ALL THAT BUILDING TIME (and space)!?!?!?!?!?! :tongue:

Great build Elostirion, really cool stretch from the gate back to the hall, and excellent job on the interior!   The flower bushes are awesome too! :thumbup:   I agree with blackdeathgr that a little more greenery - not even necessarily foliage, maybe just some cheese slopes and/or tiles - would have added somewhat but at least you do have some good height variations and the size of the whole MOC is very impressive!

Another royal property... how are us mere mortals meant to keep up!!! Great job as always. I particularly like the first shot looking up the palm lined driveway... and the gate... and the windows! Actually pretty much everything!

I love the first picture!!!

Amazing job creating this piece of art!!

Very nice build, Elostirion - lovely work with those windows, and the pathway down the front, golden statues, and carriage are quite excellent as well! :thumbup:  Great to see another council hall as well, and the interior is very neat too! :wink:  Keep it up! :grin:

Beautiful setting. :wub: It looks very realistic with the gated entry, long tree-lined drive, and central fountain. And the number of big flowering bushes is incredible. The building looks nice - that roof technique looks good again, the windows are really good and the lion heads inside the decorated arches are neat. The interior may be just a bit sparse, though - considering the entire setting, I would expect the hall to be a bit more grand overall. But it's still a really nice build, and the gentle incline obviously required a lot of parts. Good work. :thumbup:

A very beautiful meeting hall, Elos. I am very impressed with the gatehouse, although judging by the low walls, it is merely ornamental? And while I am not sure how it would structurally work, I like those double arches with the lion's head. The gate itself is very well done too - best one I have ever seen, I believe.

I like the long driveway with its rising hill, trees (how do you build those round flower-plants?) and the roundabout with its fountain. It makes for a very imposing entrance!

The hall itself is impressive too, and I like the statues outside. The way you have done the windows is inspired, and the roof is really setting the style for Montario. The interior is nice too - although I wonder if not some lamps and cabinets would be useful for the assembly?

All in all, great work! I can't imagine how you find the time and bricks for these projects, but I am very impressed! :pir-grin: