Hinckley

Block Block Contest

Just need to make the auditioning theatre to mine moc and them I'm set, should be posted tommorow! ;-)

Some wild and wacky mocs so far guys really funny to view! X-D

Awesome job Luxor V! That is exactly what this theme needed-a gorilla robot. It's such a natural fit. Excellent entry! *y* We may have to submit our new theme to LEGO. It's just that awesome. It's necessary! *sweet*

Awesome job Luxor V! That is exactly what this theme needed-a gorilla robot. It's such a natural fit. Excellent entry! *y* We may have to submit our new theme to LEGO. It's just that awesome. It's necessary! *sweet*

Thanks, it came naturally. After a little research on the original game, I fell in love with that mech (isn't that strange? :-P ).

Great idea *y* , but we should also ask for a complete collection of the sets for free for all EB members here, just for giving them the idea. Plus a % of the profits, of course X-D

LuxorV

Great entry LuxorV! I love the gorilla robot, and the landscaping is fantastic!

But can it stand up to the power of my Rolling Death Door, Crossdressing Lightning Babe or Popcorn Butt Explosion Samantha? :-P

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Great entry LuxorV! I love the gorilla robot, and the landscaping is fantastic!

But can it stand up to the power of my Rolling Death Door, Crossdressing Lightning Babe or Popcorn Butt Explosion Samantha? :-P

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I don't know if it can. But.. it loves cyber bananas *wacko* I'll post pics asap ;-)

EDIT:

Here it is, with its cyber banana :-D

blockblock_017.jpg

More pics here.

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

I totally forgot about this contest. I'm going to build something this afternoon or tomorrow. *sweet*

Well after some intensive work my entry is done! I decided to try and make the ship that's in the background of the picture. I think it's called the Balrog, but if someone knows better feel free to embarrass me. :-P I'll comment on the other entries soonish! :-$

Well after some intensive work my entry is done! I decided to try and make the ship that's in the background of the picture. I think it's called the Balrog, but if someone knows better feel free to embarrass me. :-P I'll comment on the other entries soonish! :-$

Ha! While you were entering my contest, I was entering yours! :-D :-D :-D Great job. I shall add comments later as well. X-D

Well my entry is in, the worst ship i ever build :'-( :-D

I shall comment more on it later, but :-D :-D :-D nice entry. However, you're a doofus. The rules call for submitting only three pictures. TLC executives don't have time to read a whole comic. Can you pick your best three pics and move the promotion over to this thread...or the thread you started to promote your entry? :-P

Thanks. :-)

It wasn't in the first entry post 8-|

Yes it is, along with a checklist.

Take your time, it's all good. It's just a fun contest. No hurry.

Well my entry is in, the worst ship i ever build :'-( :-D

That's the best ship ever! *y*

I should add it to the ship index. X-D

P

Now I shall catch up on my commenting:

Sinner-Oh look. Smarty made something smart. I really love the way you made the engines! I'm trying to figure out if you alternated inverted and regular slopes or if you have some smart configuration inside the engine itself. (Oh oh! I've looked again and there is a smarty design, because the plates are oppsing and those 66 degree slopes are butted up to each other.) I'm glad someone made this ship. That was actually my first idea. I love that it has a walrus for a pilot, of course. ;-) That being said, I think it would benefit from some littering dancing girls. My personal preference is that people would build creative entires building a fake theme and not base it so much on the actual research. It's more fun that way. But that's just me. Your entry is definitely creative, though. Very much so. That being said, I think your ship is very well done and incredibly intimidating in that nose-down shot. And I love love love the landing gear. Great job! *sweet* *y*

Captain Green Hair-That is easily the worst ship I've ever seen. I love it. The cabin is especially disgusting. Perhaps we can pitch this one to Megablocks. Although 82 pieces for 50 cents sounds like a great deal to me. It's a great story even though I get my megablocks kicked and a little bit dismembered. It's a good thing we're appearing in each other's comics this month. I hope you turn out okay in the end. I love the video of you smashing the whole thing. How could you dismantle the prototype though? How will you add your set to the amazing new theme we're creating? :'-( BTW, I love that even though it's craptastic and the ugliest ship in the planet you had to add the detail of the yellow hinges in the front. You couldn't help yourself from adding the...the...I'm sure you know what it's called, some magic piratey name, I'm sure. Great entry as well. *sweet* *y*

Keep the entires coming! I love this contest. It's so much fun. I get so excited when I see a new entry! *wub*

Sinner-Oh look. Smarty made something smart. I really love the way you made the engines! I'm trying to figure out if you alternated inverted and regular slopes or if you have some smart configuration inside the engine itself. (Oh oh! I've looked again and there is a smarty design, because the plates are oppsing and those 66 degree slopes are butted up to each other.)
Some of the 45 degree slopes are inverted, but most aren't. Half of my design time went into those engines! After the comp I'll post some shots of the engines dismantled. Interestingly when I started building it I thought the back was the front, but halfway though I decided that what I thought were guns were actually engines. I decided that as I felt that the front looked like a WWII battleship. That's the same reason why I ripped off Yamato! :-D
That being said, I think it would benefit from some littering dancing girls.
They still might come as I have to do a re-shoot anyway since I have tweaked it a bit. (More thrusters! X-D )
My personal preference is that people would build creative entires building a fake theme and not base it so much on the actual research. It's more fun that way.
Oh. So you say in one sentence that you want it more like the rest, now you say you want it more individual! *wacko* What could be more fake than a theme where Lego makes non-Star Wars licensed ships? X-D
That being said, I think your ship is very well done and incredibly intimidating in that nose-down shot. And I love love love the landing gear. Great job! *sweet* *y*
Thanks! Once the competition is over it will be re-worked so it looks less like the Strider ship.

@Phred, I concur - fantastic ship X-D

I love that even though it's craptastic and the ugliest ship in the planet you had to add the detail of the yellow hinges in the front. You couldn't help yourself from adding the...the...I'm sure you know what it's called, some magic piratey name, I'm sure. Great entry as well. *sweet* *y*

Headrails, perhaps? ;-) *y*

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Given up for the moment *sing* - I only found a few MFs and some other parts.. |-/

My entry will feature:

Dancing "girls"

Litter (of course)

Alcoholic beverages

TIMMAAAAY

And more..... Stay tuned!! *sing* *sing* :-P

Sir Nadroj Excellent work! I really love this walker. It's an awesome vehicle. And it really brings the litter thing into perspective. Expertly constructed, you can tell this is the work of TLG and not the crappy Block Block People. *sweet* *y*

Thanks for the feedback, Hinckley! *sweet* I certainly focused on the litter aspect. X-D

Interestingly when I started building it I thought the back was the front, but halfway though I decided that what I thought were guns were actually engines.

I found a picture that seems to suggest they are bay doors for odd robot minion troop deployment. *wacko*

I found a picture that seems to suggest they are bay doors for odd robot minion troop deployment. *wacko*

Wow! Where did you find it? To my embarrassment I based that ship off the two provided pictures. I looked for more but had no luck.

Great entries, but I'm surprised noone took my idea before I posted - A garbage truck of evil, for the opposing forces :-D

Goodluck everyone, finally got to posting mine ;-)

Great entries, but I'm surprised noone took my idea before I posted - A garbage truck of evil, for the opposing forces :-D

That was my idea too but SirNadroj did something similar so I decided to do something completely different. ;-) I really like the truck though.