Electricsteam

[MOC] 80's Nerd Lab

Here is a little diorama I did to try and get out of my lego slump.

Been really interested in the 80's and 80's tech, from Commodores to tape drives to big old floppy diskettes.

Anyways, enjoy my diorama of an 80's nerd in it's natural habitat soldering away.

yIOBqPw.png?1

E0257PJ.png?1

ZZY0Yjc.png?2

Looks great! The computers are elegantly built and look very proper. Really neat :classic: :thumbup: For the screens I would have chosen command-lines instead of windows though - that would make it an Über-Nerd's lab :wink:

41 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

Looks great! The computers are elegantly built and look very proper. Really neat :classic: :thumbup: For the screens I would have chosen command-lines instead of windows though - that would make it an Über-Nerd's lab :wink:

Just working with what I had.  :P  But we had some GUI based computers so it could still work.  I'd love for the round CRTs to look more like oscilloscopes instead of a record 

4 hours ago, Electricsteam said:

Just working with what I had.  :P  But we had some GUI based computers so it could still work.  I'd love for the round CRTs to look more like oscilloscopes instead of a record 

LOAD "", 1 

LIST

10 PRINT "NICE BUILD"
20 GOTO 10

My 1985 Commodore Amiga 1000's AmigaDOS came with a GUI out of the box.  Those records could also pass nicely for 9 track reel to reel computer data storage tapes that the mainframes and minicomputers used.   :classic:

That supercomputer is probably not even as powerful as my phone (okay maybe an exaggeration :tongue:). Sweet build, its hard to do distinct modern time periods in Lego but this immediately reads as eighties. Great job!