Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #156: Land Pirates

On 2/16/2017 at 11:08 PM, Comrade Commander said:

As Darksten entered the inn, he recognized the sign and recalled the last time he was here... or at least the parts his mind hadn't blocked out...

Approaching the barkeep as he engages the knight, the assassin also speaks up.

"Well, we would be interested in hearing your price Sir, and if you have a drink list, that would be good too"

d132c32c-6ab8-4611-9cf8-33d335d41ed1_zpsc31e1ac5.jpg

"Here are our drinks."

8788136313_bd38a75526_t.jpgAmbrosia - Causes the reinforced-effect, double the target's defense for the duration of one battle. Costs 57 gold.

heroica-flamedistilledbrandy_zpsdf2a04e2.jpgFlame-distilled Brandy - Causes the encouraged- and the immune to ice-effects for the duration of one battle. Costs 24 gold.

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine - Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle. Costs 47 gold.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:37 AM, Siercon and Coral said:

"Ah a drink menu would be nice, perhaps some food as well if you have any. And what may we call you barkeep?"

Siercon inquired

"My name is Justin Featherhead," sniffles the man. "I can *sniffle* go find some pickled sausage and some bread. The bread will be *sniffle* stale. Everyone is too afraid to come this way."

11 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

"I know times are rough, boo, but I'll have you know I'm a well-established member of the Sungold Alliance. I'll be taking the most luxurious room for free, of course."

He 'smiles'.

"And, don't overdo it with the makeup. It's making me cry as well.[/I]

"Oh no... rooms will cost ten gold each," says Justin. "I'm afraid *sniffle* I don't give discounts to Sungold members."

The door of the Inn opens and a man comes in. He and Justin nod to each other before the man goes to relax by a large fireplace in the corner.

6 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Here are our drinks."

8788136313_bd38a75526_t.jpgAmbrosia - Causes the reinforced-effect, double the target's defense for the duration of one battle. Costs 57 gold.

heroica-flamedistilledbrandy_zpsdf2a04e2.jpgFlame-distilled Brandy - Causes the encouraged- and the immune to ice-effects for the duration of one battle. Costs 24 gold.

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine - Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle. Costs 47 gold.

Oh, well, um, I'd appreciate it, thanks. Although I didn't really get hurt, the ants' attacks still made it a little toasty in my armour." Annienal responds, taking her helmet off and wiping some sweat from her brow. She gives Darksten a surprised, but appreciative grin. She wasn't really used to this kind of behaviour from others. The only man she could think of doing something like this was Warlen, and it had been months since she had seen him last. "I'm, um, more of a cider person myself, but I doubt this establishment carries casks of the kind I prefer, so whatever's fine."

The assassin is disappointed for just a second when he reads the menu and realizes his plan isn't going to work. Though as the seemingly innocent knight removes her helm, Darksten begins to think it wouldn't hurt to play nice...

None the less, he speaks to Justin "These must be hard times as I have heard you are... famous...for your Hurricanes, yet I see none listed here. Are supply deliveries that bad?"

To the knight he continues the conversation with a smile "well it is a good thing you have that armor then! But if you plan on continuing to wear it, I guess a flaming drink won't help much to cool you down. So that eliminates the brandy. The question then becomes, would you prefer to be inspired by a vintage mulled wine based on years of tradition, or perhaps tonight you would like taste the nector of the gods and feel their strength surge inside you?"

Edited by Comrade Commander
Spelling

45 minutes ago, Comrade Commander said:

The assassin is disappointed for just a second when he reads the menu and realizes his plan isn't going to work. Though as the seemingly innocent knight removes her helm, Darksten begins to think it wouldn't hurt to play nice...

To the knight he continues the conversation with a smile "well it is a good thing you have that armor then! But if you plan on continuing to wear it, I guess a flaming drink won't help much to cool you down. So that eliminates the brandy. The question then becomes, would you prefer to be inspired by a vintage mulled wine based on years of tradition, or perhaps tonight you would like taste the nector of the gods and feel their strength surge inside you?"

"You're not being very clear on what this "nectar of the gods" is. Besides, if, um, you're paying for it, I'd appreciate an Ambrosia. Mulled wine is a hot beverage, Darksten. Unless, of course, that's the nectar of the gods you're referring to is Ambrosia? In which case, I'll have one of those." Annienal responds appreciatively. She was curious as to where Darksten's sense of generosity came from, but she hoped it'd foster a better relationship with the group in general.

7 hours ago, Zepher said:

The door of the Inn opens and a man comes in. He and Justin nod to each other before the man goes to relax by a large fireplace in the corner.

Annienal turns to Featherhead inquisitively. "Excuse me, but do you know that man?"

18 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Oh no... rooms will cost ten gold each," says Justin. "I'm afraid *sniffle* I don't give discounts to Sungold members."

"I'd seriously consider giving me a discount, boo. Don't wanna wake up with a deadly infection now, do we?"

He says unamused.

"For fucks sake,"  Althior tosses the innkeeper ten gold"Give me a room. Single."

Siercon gives featherhead 34 coins. For a room and one flame stilled brandy.

Taking two glasses, he walks over to the fire place. Setting both glasses down he pours the stranger and himself a drink. Then he strikes a conversation with the man lounging by the fire.

"Featherhead, says everyone's cowering away from this area. Scared to death." He slides one of the drinks over to him across a small table. "Not you eh?... What's your story?"

18 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

None the less, he speaks to Justin "These must be hard times as I have heard you are... famous...for your Hurricanes, yet I see none listed here. Are supply deliveries that bad?"

"I can *sniffle* make a Hurricane, I guess. Let me dig around for some *sniffle* supplies." Justin ducks behind the counter and Darksten hears bottles clinking and clanking together as he rattles through them. Remerging Justin gives probably the closest to a smile as he can get. "That'll be twenty gold a piece, sir. How many would you like?"

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"You're not being very clear on what this "nectar of the gods" is. Besides, if, um, you're paying for it, I'd appreciate an Ambrosia. Mulled wine is a hot beverage, Darksten. Unless, of course, that's the nectar of the gods you're referring to is Ambrosia? In which case, I'll have one of those." Annienal responds appreciatively. She was curious as to where Darksten's sense of generosity came from, but she hoped it'd foster a better relationship with the group in general.

Annienal turns to Featherhead inquisitively. "Excuse me, but do you know that man?"

"Oh, yes. I should have been more clear." Pouting, Justin turns to look at the fire. "That man is Filip Fenix. When I said there was no new customers, I meant *sniffle* that. Mr. Fenix has been staying with me for about a month."

6 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

"I'd seriously consider giving me a discount, boo. Don't wanna wake up with a deadly infection now, do we?"

He says unamused.

"Oh... no..." trembling visibly Justin inches towards Darksten and Annienal. "Is this man with you? I will *sniffle* give you a Hurricane for free if you can assure he will not *sniffle* harm me."

1 hour ago, Siercon and Coral said:

Siercon gives featherhead 34 coins. For a room and one flame stilled brandy.

Taking two glasses, he walks over to the fire place. Setting both glasses down he pours the stranger and himself a drink. Then he strikes a conversation with the man lounging by the fire.

"Featherhead, says everyone's cowering away from this area. Scared to death." He slides one of the drinks over to him across a small table. "Not you eh?... What's your story?"

Siercon sits down opposite Filip, who puts down his shield and staff and accepts the drink. He is a middle aged man with rheumy eyes that constantly drip tears.

IMG_2710_zpskoagyud0.jpg

IMG_2711_zpsvcurj4dh.jpg

"There's danger everywhere," says the man with a heavy sigh. "If not here, I'd be in danger somewhere else. That's just the way of the world today, ain't it?"

You're not being very clear on what this "nectar of the gods" is. Besides, if, um, you're paying for it, I'd appreciate an Ambrosia. Mulled wine is a hot beverage, Darksten. Unless, of course, that's the nectar of the gods you're referring to is Ambrosia? In which case, I'll have one of those." Annienal responds appreciatively. She was curious as to where Darksten's sense of generosity came from, but she hoped it'd foster a better relationship with the group in general.

"Ah yes, I supposed you are right about the mulled wine. I had tasted a spiced wine once which was chilled and reminded me much of cider and that had been what I was thinking of. But alas you are probably right, so an ambrosia it is. Of course it is named after the fabled food of the gods, brought up to them by winged beasts to dine on. Which beasts and or gods I do not recall as there are so many these days, and from so many cultures and or dimensions. Either way the food is said to have made them immortal as long as they continued to consume it. Of course I guess we do not need that so long as we are in Heroica, but it cannot hurt to dull some of the pain..." The assassin states

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

"I can *sniffle* make a Hurricane, I guess. Let me dig around for some *sniffle* supplies." Justin ducks behind the counter and Darksten hears bottles clinking and clanking together as he rattles through them. Remerging Justin gives probably the closest to a smile as he can get. "That'll be twenty gold a piece, sir. How many would you like?"
[snip]
"Oh... no..." trembling visibly Justin inches towards Darksten and Annienal. "Is this man with you? I will *sniffle* give you a Hurricane for free if you can assure he will not *sniffle* harm me."

"Thanks chap, but it seems the lady has more expensive tastes and I am now craving some wine." Darksten continues with a rare chuckle, loosening up just a bit...though still trying to maximize the situation "So we will take one Ambrosia, and one Mulled Wine please"

As the conversation moves towards the whore next to him however, his smile fades  "He is sadly with us, but unfortunately I cannot control him. I will say however that he probably won't easily find another bed to take a customer to if word got out he was going around beating up innkeepers, and the real leaders of the Sungold Alliance wouldn't appreciate if a key stopping point on their trade route turned away from supporting their cause because of the actions of one man." Darksten states loud enough for the harlot to hear

"So no, I cannot promise you won't get hurt, but I can make sure he pays for it if he tries" he finishes, adjusting his slung bow as if to  hint it could come to a fight if needed...

Edited by Comrade Commander
Spelling

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

Siercon sits down opposite Filip, who puts down his shield and staff and accepts the drink. He is a middle aged man with rheumy eyes that constantly drip tears.

IMG_2710_zpskoagyud0.jpg

IMG_2711_zpsvcurj4dh.jpg

"There's danger everywhere," says the man with a heavy sigh. "If not here, I'd be in danger somewhere else. That's just the way of the world today, ain't it?"

"Aye, danger and eventually death will find us wherever we find ourselves... And seeing as here we are, what manner of hazzard might come knocking at this inn?"

"I am Siercon by the way" Siercon extends his shadowy hand. "And forgive me for being so forward, but both our kind host and yourself seem to be slightly under the weather? Is there something going around, and beyond that anything I can do for you? Hopefully the burning brandy wont sting any eyes." Siercon said with a smile raising his glass.

Siercon looked over the mans shield and staff. "Also, i've seen these markings on your shield with black knights, but never in combination with a staff. If I may ask, what skill set might I be admiring?"

Edited by Siercon and Coral
Added last paragraph

13 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

As the conversation moves towards the whore next to him however, his smile fades  "He is sadly with us, but unfortunately I cannot control him. I will say however that he probably won't easily find another bed to take a customer to if word got out he was going around beating up innkeepers, and the real leaders of the Sungold Alliance wouldn't appreciate if a key stopping point on their trade route turned away from supporting their cause because of the actions of one man." Darksten states loud enough for the harlot to hear

"So no, I cannot promise you won't get hurt, but I can make sure he pays for it if he tries" he finishes, adjusting his slung bow as if to  hint it could come to a fight if needed...

Instead of inconspicuously touching his weapon, Heckz glowers at Darksten with a grimace sharper than the dagger hidden in his jacket.

"Listen, matey."

A hint of venomous hatred was quite noticeable in the harlot's voice as he mockingly pointed at Darksten's hat.

"I don't know who you think you are, Mister Malastor Eldritch's Horrendous Drags-"

He couldn't help but recognize the similarity in Darksten's and the dreaded necromancer's outfit as he began his fit.

", so let me explain carefully who you actually are. Not only do you have a false sense of superiority over me, someone more intelligenter than you, and setting aside the fact that you were even contemplating putting up a fight against me, the man of many hard-earned titles, but you are also making empty promises to our dearly beloved subjects. We can end this with you lying on the floor with some severe whipping, or how about you make it up to me by buying me one of those Hurricane's and I'll forget all about it."

He then rapidly changed his expression and tone into a 'friendlier' one and talked to Featherhead.

"Don't listen to him, boo, we have much reason to believe he's one of those pirates that have been stealing your customers. And I was joking about the infection. We all know a... well... rouged hunk like you will never contract things like that, don't we?"

He says seductively.

13 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

"Ah yes, I supposed you are right about the mulled wine. I had tasted a spiced wine once which was chilled and reminded me much of cider and that had been what I was thinking of. But alas you are probably right, so an ambrosia it is. Of course it is named after the fabled food of the gods, brought up to them by winged beasts to dine on. Which beasts and or gods I do not recall as there are so many these days, and from so many cultures and or dimensions. Either way the food is said to have made them immortal as long as they continued to consume it. Of course I guess we do not need that so long as we are in Heroica, but it cannot hurt to dull some of the pain..." The assassin states

"Thanks chap, but it seems the lady has more expensive tastes and I am now craving some wine." Darksten continues with a rare chuckle, loosening up just a bit...though still trying to maximize the situation "So we will take one Ambrosia, and one Mulled Wine please"

"Oh, no, I knew that. Stories about food or drink that grant eternal life are common throughout many cultures. I suppose you could count vampires in and amongst such legends, seeing how in exchange for eternal life they must continue to consume the blood of humanoid races. 

I suppose it doesn't really interest someone like myself though. Us elves, um, we live for a relatively long time. All things considered I'll probably outlive you. Heroica seems to have magic over people to ensure they don't die in combat, but I don't believe it stops aging." Annienal ponders, reflecting back on years spent in the Trost Academy library, scouring through whatever subject she hadn't read about thoroughly.

8 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Instead of inconspicuously touching his weapon, Heckz glowers at Darksten with a grimace sharper than the dagger hidden in his jacket.

"Listen, matey."

A hint of venomous hatred was quite noticeable in the harlot's voice as he mockingly pointed at Darksten's hat.

"I don't know who you think you are, Mister Malastor Eldritch's Horrendous Drags-"

He couldn't help but recognize the similarity in Darksten's and the dreaded necromancer's outfit as he began his fit.

", so let me explain carefully who you actually are. Not only do you have a false sense of superiority over me, someone more intelligenter than you, and setting aside the fact that you were even contemplating putting up a fight against me, the man of many hard-earned titles, but you are also making empty promises to our dearly beloved subjects. We can end this with you lying on the floor with some severe whipping, or how about you make it up to me by buying me one of those Hurricane's and I'll forget all about it."

He then rapidly changed his expression and tone into a 'friendlier' one and talked to Featherhead.

"Don't listen to him, boo, we have much reason to believe he's one of those pirates that have been stealing your customers. And I was joking about the infection. We all know a... well... rouged hunk like you will never contract things like that, don't we?"

He says seductively.

"I don't, um, quite see what Darksten has done to you Heckz but refute your statement to the innkeeper, and, um, rightful so." Annienal replies before Darksten has a chance to respond. "Not only that, your grasp on the common tongue is as vile as your attempts at coercing this inn keeper to give up one of his rooms to you for free, especially as you claim to be a member of the Sungold Alliance! "Intelligenter" is not a word, Heckz! It's "A" man of hard worked titles, Heckz, not "the". I personally don't think highly of Althior, but you, I don't believe that I've met a man as repugnant as you, Heckz." Annienal could feel herself getting worked up. She knew that she had some amount of courage in her that liked to shine through every once in a while, but she didn't ever recall getting this angry with someone so shortly after meeting them. She wouldn't allow Heckz to bully the innkeeper or Darksten. A man like Blackgull would agree with her, a man whose reputation she wished to uphold. She turns to the innkeeper, feeling herself slightly shaking.

"Mr. Featherhead? I, um, am more than willing to suggest you give this man directions to your establishment's stable, and suggest he sleep there for the night. I do not run your establishment, but a respectable man such as yourself should not have to deal with such rabble." Annienal tells the innkeeper in a diplomatic manner. She looks to Heckz with a frown, feeling bitter and disappointed. She had hoped the Sungold Alliance were championing men and women who wanted to better the city, not their own interests.

18 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

"You cannot promise my safety?" quakes Justin. "I had thought with so many *sniffle* armed warriors I might be *sniffle* safe. But I should have known better."

16 hours ago, Siercon and Coral said:

"Aye, danger and eventually death will find us wherever we find ourselves... And seeing as here we are, what manner of hazzard might come knocking at this inn?"

"I am Siercon by the way" Siercon extends his shadowy hand. "And forgive me for being so forward, but both our kind host and yourself seem to be slightly under the weather? Is there something going around, and beyond that anything I can do for you? Hopefully the burning brandy wont sting any eyes." Siercon said with a smile raising his glass.

Siercon looked over the mans shield and staff. "Also, i've seen these markings on your shield with black knights, but never in combination with a staff. If I may ask, what skill set might I be admiring?"

IMG_2711_zpsvcurj4dh.jpg

"This Inn should be safe enough," says Filip. "As safe as anything can be, at least. I've been here for about a month, and haven't had any trouble. Though poor Justin over there has slowly lost customers. I'd feel bad leaving him now... but if there were ever a time to give trouble to the Inn, you must agree this isn't it. It's been just me for a few weeks, why give trouble now that there are more people instead of less?" Filip blows his nose. "Good to meet you, Siercon, or at least as good as it can be to meet anyone. Nothing going around that I know of. This is just the way I look. And if anything will help it, it'll be the brandy." He manages a weak smile.

"As for my skills, I'm a Mystic Knight, or at least as close to one as I can be. I can tell you are adept with ether as well. What do you practice?"

5 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

"Listen, matey."

He says seductively.

Justin seems just about confused and horrified enough to give Heckz a key, free of charge, when Annienal breaks in.

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Oh, no, I knew that. Stories about food or drink that grant eternal life are common throughout many cultures. I suppose you could count vampires in and amongst such legends, seeing how in exchange for eternal life they must continue to consume the blood of humanoid races. 

I suppose it doesn't really interest someone like myself though. Us elves, um, we live for a relatively long time. All things considered I'll probably outlive you. Heroica seems to have magic over people to ensure they don't die in combat, but I don't believe it stops aging." Annienal ponders, reflecting back on years spent in the Trost Academy library, scouring through whatever subject she hadn't read about thoroughly.

"I don't, um, quite see what Darksten has done to you Heckz but refute your statement to the innkeeper, and, um, rightful so." Annienal replies before Darksten has a chance to respond. "Not only that, your grasp on the common tongue is as vile as your attempts at coercing this inn keeper to give up one of his rooms to you for free, especially as you claim to be a member of the Sungold Alliance! "Intelligenter" is not a word, Heckz! It's "A" man of hard worked titles, Heckz, not "the". I personally don't think highly of Althior, but you, I don't believe that I've met a man as repugnant as you, Heckz." Annienal could feel herself getting worked up. She knew that she had some amount of courage in her that liked to shine through every once in a while, but she didn't ever recall getting this angry with someone so shortly after meeting them. She wouldn't allow Heckz to bully the innkeeper or Darksten. A man like Blackgull would agree with her, a man whose reputation she wished to uphold. She turns to the innkeeper, feeling herself slightly shaking.

"Mr. Featherhead? I, um, am more than willing to suggest you give this man directions to your establishment's stable, and suggest he sleep there for the night. I do not run your establishment, but a respectable man such as yourself should not have to deal with such rabble." Annienal tells the innkeeper in a diplomatic manner. She looks to Heckz with a frown, feeling bitter and disappointed. She had hoped the Sungold Alliance were championing men and women who wanted to better the city, not their own interests.

Justin's hand wavers over the key, waiting to see what happens between the heroes.

OoC: I apologize for the absence as I've come down with a horrific stomach bug and lack the energy required for Heroica. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things in the next few days, but until then I'll leave Kinto in charge of the party should the need arise.

Darksten scoffs at the words that Heckz tries to throw at him. He knew full well who was the better man and was ready to let the harlot hear it but with Annienal next to him he bit his tongue. He needed her trust, if only to have the chance to break it later, and it seemed she wanted to be more cordial. It bothered him that she felt he needed help, but he would live with it if it meant he could manipulate her more to his needs. Besides, there was also no sense is dragging out an argument with a whorish fool who he was going to be stuck with for the duration of the quest anyways...

"Just pay for your damn room already and go to bed. We're here to bloody help the area, not hurt it by destroying the economy through petty egos"

"You cannot promise my safety?" quakes Justin. "I had thought with so many *sniffle* armed warriors I might be *sniffle* safe. But I should have known better."

Turning back to the barkeep, the assassin spoke up.

"Sorry, if there is one thing I have learned through my life, it is that one can never make promises, and we can never bet on things outside of one's control. We can only try to do what we can with our own power, and that is what I said I would do. But as you can see, we have made it so that he is no longer threatening you, so the situation is better already.

What you do with your business is up to you. You can draw the line in the sand now and ensure payment for services rendered, or give in and then live in fear for when the next person will come along to take advantage of you"

ooc: hope you feel better K-Nut, tis the season as I have heard of a lot of bugs going around

OoC: No worries K-Nut. Will move the quest along tomorrow regardless of where Heckz ends up sleeping - want to let it play out but don't want to just pause the quest and response times have been varied (mine included!).

6 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

"Just pay for your damn room already and go to bed. We're here to bloody help the area, not hurt it by destroying the economy through petty egos"

Turning back to the barkeep, the assassin spoke up.

"Sorry, if there is one thing I have learned through my life, it is that one can never make promises, and we can never bet on things outside of one's control. We can only try to do what we can with our own power, and that is what I said I would do. But as you can see, we have made it so that he is no longer threatening you, so the situation is better already.

What you do with your business is up to you. You can draw the line in the sand now and ensure payment for services rendered, or give in and then live in fear for when the next person will come along to take advantage of you"

Annienal nods towards Darksten, appreciative towards his support. "Darksten has the right idea, Mr. Featherhead. If you, um, allow Heckz to take your room for free for the night, who is to say that others will not? He should have to either pay his room fee, or sleep someplace else, although the way he's been acting, I would bar him from your establishment." Annienal adds. She shoots Heckz a distrustful and uncertain glare, hopeful enough attention had been brought to his behaviour. "Speaking of room fees..." Annienal scrounges through her gold purse and lays ten gold onto the table. 

On 2/20/2017 at 7:38 PM, Kintobor said:

Eyes flaring and twitching with rage, Heckz' voice is surprisingly calm.

"Shut up girl. The grown ups are trying to talk here."

He turns to Featherhead.

"The way I see it, Mr. Leatherbed, is that I have indirectly affected the poor lives of these two by somehow arranging something very important in the Sungold Alliance they couldn't possibly comprehend, so they are now trying to tarnish my name. To think that they could oh so disrespectfully and viciously attack a man like me, who has been suffering from the most depressive thoughts... oh, no one understands me!"

Heckz appears to be exaggeratedly sad.

Hopefully the dimwit will fall for it.

With neither Darksten nor Annienal apparently willing to take action, Justin Fetherhead cowers behind the counter and finally passes Heckz a key for free.

"Better to have others pay less later than to never get paid again," he theorizes.

Siercon says good night to Filip Fenix and the heroes turn in for the night. Shining sun and cool breezes greet them the next day, and they travel relatively peacefully, reaching Bric'Lin by night. The Pale Mermaid is the town's local watering hole, and the heroes make their way over.

6109647261_39a80e5ec1_b.jpg

ava-largus.png

"Althior?" calls a voice from one of the tables. "It's been years! I had hoped I might know one of the heroes involved with this little expedition! How have you been?" The Hinckwell representative turns to the other heroes. "Hello, my name is Commodore Martin Largus. I'm pleased you've answered our call for assistance."

OOC: sry the server was down for a day. Was trying to reply. Just was trying to add an invitation to Filip. Something along the lines of:

Siercon took a piece of paper the next morning and dropped it off in the inn's room mailbox for Filip. He wrote on it:

"Well hey, if danger's everywhere, ya might as well fight it with us.. want to tag along? We're headed to BrickLin at the pale mermaid next.

-Siercon"

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

ava-largus.png

"Althior?" calls a voice from one of the tables. "It's been years! I had hoped I might know one of the heroes involved with this little expedition! How have you been?" The Hinckwell representative turns to the other heroes. "Hello, my name is Commodore Martin Largus. I'm pleased you've answered our call for assistance."

"Greetings Commodore, pleased to be here! I'm Siercon." He said assessing his surroundings.

After a bitter night alone, and quiet march that had the assassin shooting spiteful glances towards the harlot the entire way, Darksten is happy to move on with the quest.

"A pleasure" Darksten replies to the commodore "My name is Darksten."

"Are you the team we are accompanying back?"

Feeling sick to her stomach after Heckz is handed a room key, Annienal heads to bed, not even taking time to acknowledge anyone in the inn. Sleep didn't help her any. She woke up earlier than she anticipated and decided to head outside to meditate on the elements, putting her Lethauros helm on as she did so. With little progress made during her time to herself, Annienal hesitantly rejoined her party of distant associates for the trip to Bric'lin, during which she spent little time talking or looking at anyone in her group.

The Pale Mermaid wasn't exactly the kind of establishment Annienal would frequent. She felt an unease as she made her way towards the room, hoping to find their Sungold associate.

17 hours ago, Zepher said:

ava-largus.png

"Oh, um... hello, Commodore. My name is Annienal Anavar. You'll have to excuse me slightly. I'm not at my best as somethings have been bothering me." She glares at the harlot, keeping tabs on his presence. She would not allow him to make an megablocks of himself in front of Blackgull's contact. "I hope we didn't have to make you wait too long for our arrival?"

OoC: No worries, Siercon, sorry that the blackout fell at a bad time for you. :thumbup: Consider your note delivered, but we will move forward!

On 2/23/2017 at 8:19 PM, Siercon and Coral said:

OOC: sry the server was down for a day. Was trying to reply. Just was trying to add an invitation to Filip. Something along the lines of:

Siercon took a piece of paper the next morning and dropped it off in the inn's room mailbox for Filip. He wrote on it:

"Well hey, if danger's everywhere, ya might as well fight it with us.. want to tag along? We're headed to BrickLin at the pale mermaid next.

-Siercon"

"Greetings Commodore, pleased to be here! I'm Siercon." He said assessing his surroundings.

ava-largus.png

"I am glad to meet you, Siercon," says the Commodore, taking stock of the shade and his gear. "You look like you'll be able to give these bandits a good fight."

The Pale Mermaid is filled with a diverse crowd, many of whom seem to be travelers, which makes sense considering it is a prominent Trading Site.

10 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

After a bitter night alone, and quiet march that had the assassin shooting spiteful glances towards the harlot the entire way, Darksten is happy to move on with the quest.

"A pleasure" Darksten replies to the commodore "My name is Darksten."

"Are you the team we are accompanying back?"

ava-largus.png

"I am indeed! I have some boys loading up the carts right now. I believe it would be best for us to take a rest here tonight, and then begin the journey back tomorrow. I will provide for your accommodations, of course. We'll need you fresh if we want to best these bandits."

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Feeling sick to her stomach after Heckz is handed a room key, Annienal heads to bed, not even taking time to acknowledge anyone in the inn. Sleep didn't help her any. She woke up earlier than she anticipated and decided to head outside to meditate on the elements, putting her Lethauros helm on as she did so. With little progress made during her time to herself, Annienal hesitantly rejoined her party of distant associates for the trip to Bric'lin, during which she spent little time talking or looking at anyone in her group.

The Pale Mermaid wasn't exactly the kind of establishment Annienal would frequent. She felt an unease as she made her way towards the room, hoping to find their Sungold associate.

"Oh, um... hello, Commodore. My name is Annienal Anavar. You'll have to excuse me slightly. I'm not at my best as somethings have been bothering me." She glares at the harlot, keeping tabs on his presence. She would not allow him to make an megablocks of himself in front of Blackgull's contact. "I hope we didn't have to make you wait too long for our arrival?"

ava-largus.png

"No, you're just on time!" The Commodore smiles. "I arrived in town only this morning myself. I generally oversee Hinckwell operations on the northern portion of the island, but Blackgull and Heinrich want a strong steady hand to ensure that whatever it blocking the road is cleared. I'm not much of a fighter myself, but I can hold my own if need be, and I'm an expert at making sure the field turns in our favor. I believe between all of us we will succeed where the Bonapartes have failed."

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

ava-largus.png

"I am indeed! I have some boys loading up the carts right now. I believe it would be best for us to take a rest here tonight, and then begin the journey back tomorrow. I will provide for your accommodations, of course. We'll need you fresh if we want to best these bandits."

ava-largus.png

"No, you're just on time!" The Commodore smiles. "I arrived in town only this morning myself. I generally oversee Hinckwell operations on the northern portion of the island, but Blackgull and Heinrich want a strong steady hand to ensure that whatever it blocking the road is cleared. I'm not much of a fighter myself, but I can hold my own if need be, and I'm an expert at making sure the field turns in our favor. I believe between all of us we will succeed where the Bonapartes have failed."

"I hope so as well, Commodore. I hope with your presence things will go... um, smoother than they have been so far." As Martin utters the words "rest" and "tonight", Annienal opens her coin purse and begins counting her gold. "I assume you're staying here, sir? Do you know how much a room costs for the night?"

Heckz flauntingly strutted towards his room after another day of 'hard work'.

---

The harlot makes an attempt at impressing the high-ranked commodore with the most charming smile at his disposal.

"Heckz Brutenhal, Your Commodorence, at your service."

He bows slightly.

"I have been dragging this raggity team of nobodies until now, but I am confident that I'll keep on fighting in the name of the Sungold Alliance."

He winks and then leans in closer to whisper.

"And, friendly advice, watch out for the toddler and the ridiculous-hat man. They've been trying to bargain for luxury through every single step of the way, going so far as intimidating a man to give up a room key for free. If I were you, I'd keep a reluctant eye on them."

The assassin rolls his eyes as the harlot bows, and either doesn't hear, or chooses to ignore the words whispered after.

Returning the conversation back to the topic at hand, he asks the Commodore

"Will any of your men be accompanying us tomorrow, or shall it be just our lot?"

"I am curious if there will be any survivors of previous trips among them."