Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #156: Land Pirates

Althior scowls. "Yes, I'm just a merc, but don't even try and act all high and might when you're just another member of the crooked watch," he turns to Blackgull. "Now, be straight with me; what the megabluck's going on? I'm just about at my wits end now that I've been attacked by your future employees and I have to deal with the damn watch. The watch which was never part of job description,"

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Before anyone can respond a sharp voice rings out.

heroicanpc-blackgullbonaparte.jpg

"What is this? Threats and disagreements?" Obero "Blackgull" Bonaparte strides into the room. "Not in my Fort. Everyone sit down and listen up. We're all here to accomplish the same thing."

"Obero, sir, it's, um, a pleasure to see you again. I, um, hope things have been at least improving since our previous meeting?" Annienal wasn't sure why the others were hesitant to work with the Paladins or the Watch, but it seemed as if she had been thrusted into more than she initially expected. She was happy to see Obero again, if only because Obero seemed to hold his principals in high regard. She may not of agreed with Obero on everything, but he was a comfort in a sea of unfamiliarity.

"Settle down," glowers the Blackgull gruffly as Althior accuses him. "I told everyone to take a seat. The Watch and Paladin Order are here because if we want to protect this island we will need everyone's expertise. There is no point in turning anyone away."

13 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Obero, sir, it's, um, a pleasure to see you again. I, um, hope things have been at least improving since our previous meeting?" Annienal wasn't sure why the others were hesitant to work with the Paladins or the Watch, but it seemed as if she had been thrusted into more than she initially expected. She was happy to see Obero again, if only because Obero seemed to hold his principals in high regard. She may not of agreed with Obero on everything, but he was a comfort in a sea of unfamiliarity.

"It's fine seeing you as well, Annienal. I think I'd better begin, before all Hel breaks loose."

Clearing his throat, the Blackgull paces to the window. He does not stare out of it forlornly but rather spins to address the gathered party. "Eubric is changing, and Uland is changing with it. For years the Bonapartes have been protectors of the waters around the Freeport, but the Sungold Alliance must be more than that. It must lead the way for the city, and most protect all of its people. I have proposed that we teach the people some discipline and give them an education, and that is the direction that the Alliance has gone in." He nods curtly to the three members of the party with Sungold Insignias, either unaware or unconcerned of where their actual votes landed.

"At first I thought we'd send them out on ships, give them a  bit of back bone, but things aren't working out as planned. Seems that before we clean up the seas we owe it  to ourselves and our neighbors to clean up Uland itself. If lumber can't make it to the Freeport, there isn't much of anything else that can be done. Trade should be easy on such a small island, but with this many bandits, it is hard. We'll change that."

"For that reason we're repurposing the timber we'll be collecting and constructing a new Fort just outside Eubric. This fort will serve as a training ground for future members of the Watch, Paladin Order, and the Bonaparte Fleet. It will be dedicated to protecting Eubric, but also to protecting the roads running between us and our neighbors. It will have it's own fleet to defend merchant vessels, and will come with housing for everyone who is training there. It will be staffed by my top men, as well as the best the Watch and the Paladin Order has to offer. It will be Sungold Fort, it will be manned by those in the Hovels, and it will be dedicated to the protection of all of those on Uland."

"But first, we need to lumber for it. That is where you will come in."

Althior scowls. Though he still wasn't fond of the indentured servitude Obero spoke of, he found a small bit of comfort in the fact that the people were no longer being shipped away. "If we're making a fort, why not just use Bric'bay out past Bric'lin? It gives you a spot on the water and a straight path into Eubric. Not to mention it won't require nearly as much of your resources as a new fort would,"

As Blackgull commanded, Darksten had found a seat. Thought he ensured it was away from the bloody harlot and prophet who seemed only wanting to raise hell...

"I better get good loot out of this trip" the assassin thought to himself.

As the new plan was laid out, Darksten seemed more relieved convinced he had chosen the right idea.

"The idea of a fort sounds logical." He replies to the group

"It gives more security to the city, while also showing people there are plenty of benefits to this plan...especially those concerned about housing. Additonally, a solid land base would allow for more financial gain in the long term in order to offset the costs to the different houses."

Edited by Comrade Commander

18 hours ago, Zepher said:

IMG_2313_zps3lj67aob.jpg

"If you're wiling to speak that way to a Warrior Priestess I'm afraid you don't know the Paladin Order as well as you thought." Her voice is calm and dangerous. "Maybe I'll have a moment to demonstrate how I became the head of my order to you."

"Oh, I know them well enough. Enough to know they don't hang out with exotic displays from the menagerie. But then again, even if you are the head of the order, you couldn't be that important. I mean, there's a reason you're in the same position as a worthless town watch lackey right now, isn't there?"

He grins crookedly.

After having drifted off through most of Blackgull's speech, the words 'Sungold Fort' spark his attention.

"A fort? Just for us?! Oh, please tell me my room is in the highest tower! There isn't any other option, really, for an influential upper-class gentleman of my stature... and good looks."

18 hours ago, K-Nut said:

Althior scowls. Though he still wasn't fond of the indentured servitude Obero spoke of, he found a small bit of comfort in the fact that the people were no longer being shipped away. "If we're making a fort, why not just use Bric'bay out past Bric'lin? It gives you a spot on the water and a straight path into Eubric. Not to mention it won't require nearly as much of your resources as a new fort would,"

"The Lion Knights are powerful defenders of Uland, but they are not yet under the Sungold banner. I am sure that the Hinckwells are working on it. For that reason, it would make little sense to commandeer their fort. Besides that, I believe that the new Sungold... protectors would do best situated near Eubric. If they are going to work alongside the Watch they will need to be here, and it wouldn't do to remove them entirely from their families. High ranking Bonapartes are allowed accommodation on this very island, there's no reason to treat our new soldiers any differently."

18 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

As Blackgull commanded, Darksten had found a seat. Thought he ensured it was away from the bloody harlot and prophet who seemed only wanting to raise hell...

"I better get good loot out of this trip" the assassin thought to himself.

As the new plan was laid out, Darksten seemed more relieved convinced he had chosen the right idea.

"The idea of a fort sounds logical." He replies to the group

"It gives more security to the city, while also showing people there are plenty of benefits to this plan...especially those concerned about housing. Additonally, a solid land base would allow for more financial gain in the long term in order to offset the costs to the different houses."

"Glad to hear we have one person with a level head," says Blackgull. "I don't believe we've met."

2ad7bc4a-fe3b-4de7-ba4a-26953e3d6112_zps10ae780a.jpg

"His name is Darksten. He was one of the heroes that helped me apprehend those Slavers we had a few months back."

"You'll be glad to know that they were dealt with, then. Slaving is not something that will be tolerated in Eubric or our surrounding seas any longer."

4 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

"Oh, I know them well enough. Enough to know they don't hang out with exotic displays from the menagerie. But then again, even if you are the head of the order, you couldn't be that important. I mean, there's a reason you're in the same position as a worthless town watch lackey right now, isn't there?"

He grins crookedly.

After having drifted off through most of Blackgull's speech, the words 'Sungold Fort' spark his attention.

"A fort? Just for us?! Oh, please tell me my room is in the highest tower! There isn't any other option, really, for an influential upper-class gentleman of my stature... and good looks."

Before responding Obero runs his eyes over Heckz as if noticing him for the very first time.

"We will of course expect valued members of the Sungold Alliance to be at the Fort whenever they are able," says Obero. "To bring their skill and expertise to new troops."

Without moving her burning gaze off of Heckz, Yu Shu keeps her lips sealed.

"First thing first. We have been having trouble getting the lumber shipments from Bric'Lin all the way to Eubric. I believe you will be able to remedy that situation. In Bric'Lin look for our contact, Commodore Martin Largus. He will help you load up the shipment. If someone were to attack you, I believe it will be on your return trip. Are you ready to depart?"

6 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"First thing first. We have been having trouble getting the lumber shipments from Bric'Lin all the way to Eubric. I believe you will be able to remedy that situation. In Bric'Lin look for our contact, Commodore Martin Largus. He will help you load up the shipment. If someone were to attack you, I believe it will be on your return trip. Are you ready to depart?"

"Um... not quite." Annienal responds. "Mainly, I'm wondering how the lumber was being transported from Bric'Lin to Eubric? Secondly, was there any accounts of what was attacking the carts? Men? Beasts? Something else, perhaps?" She pulls out her notebook and quill in anticipation of Obero's response.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Um... not quite." Annienal responds. "Mainly, I'm wondering how the lumber was being transported from Bric'Lin to Eubric? Secondly, was there any accounts of what was attacking the carts? Men? Beasts? Something else, perhaps?" She pulls out her notebook and quill in anticipation of Obero's response.

Siercon found a seat near Darksten.

"Indeed... lumber is also an odd thing... to steal." Siercon remarked for the first time since Blackgull entered. "Let us be honest with ourselves, we could either face the kind of thief who is building larger structures of war or defense, to the destitute, building shelters and maintaining fires..." 

"Please tell us more of our attackers." Siercon asked, taking the job on personally with his words. "Shall we plan against heavy assault or is this more 'sensitive...'"

"Not strange to steal if they're trying to stop the deliveries," muses Blackgull. "I think they don't want the lumber. They just don't want us to have it. I wouldn't put it past the Wolfgang. Even certain members of the Crescent Union would be willing to strike against us."

"But that's all conjecture, which is useless. The attackers are primarily humans regardless of who they're working for. I can't say for sure if they're accompanied by anything else. My boys and women either stay and fight until the last, or beat a swift and strategical retreat. Both cases make it difficult to get sufficient reports."

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Not strange to steal if they're trying to stop the deliveries," muses Blackgull. "I think they don't want the lumber. They just don't want us to have it. I wouldn't put it past the Wolfgang. Even certain members of the Crescent Union would be willing to strike against us."

"But that's all conjecture, which is useless. The attackers are primarily humans regardless of who they're working for. I can't say for sure if they're accompanied by anything else. My boys and women either stay and fight until the last, or beat a swift and strategical retreat. Both cases make it difficult to get sufficient reports."

"Think it's possible to persuade them to stop plundering in exchange for something better?"

Heckz winks.

"And please, don't tell me they've got demons with them. The 'three hours equals six months' situation last time didn't do well for my wrinkles..."

"...my wrinkles which definitely don't exist..."

He laughs awkwardly.

"Well, I'm ready to leave. And, strategic advice, Mister Quackdull, shave that bushy monster on your face if you want the low-lives to respect you."

IMG_2313_zps3lj67aob.jpg

"Hmph. Scared of demons." With a shrug Yu Shu turns away from the heroes (most notably Heckz).

"I think that's everything. We will be waiting for you upon your return at the site of the new Fort. Lane can take you back to the mainland."

The heroes return to their boat and Lane paddles them back to Eubric, grumbling under his breath the whole time about how inefficient it was to get everyone out there for such a short meeting...

He waves farewell to them at the docks.

2ad7bc4a-fe3b-4de7-ba4a-26953e3d6112_zps10ae780a.jpg

"You know the way from here, I assume."

The heroes step outside the city. Are they ready to depart?

6163668670_eaa0fd7c3e_b.jpg

Once Blackgull had finished, Darksten bid his farewell to the Bonaparte and members of the other parties. As the heroes rode back, Darksten sat quietly in the back, not wanting to engage with the larger group. However, upon land the assassin said good by to Captain Lance before turning to the Annienal. 

"Is this your first quest" he asks conversationally to the young knight as they waited for the party to depart.

50 minutes ago, Comrade Commander said:

However, upon land the assassin said good by to Captain Lance before turning to the Annienal. 

"Is this your first quest" he asks conversationally to the young knight as they waited for the party to depart.

"Um... no." Annienal replied, somewhat insulted by the question. She perhaps wasn't the most outspoken of the group, but to be asked if she was new to the adventuring business felt demeaning. Perhaps it was due to her being away from it all for what felt like forever. At least, that's what she hoped it was.

"I've been in Heroica for about a year or two now. I've, um, slain a dragon and helped saved the town of Tridentia from pirates. Among other things." She hoped the accomplishments were enough to stave off anymore questions from the older looking 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Um... no." Annienal replied, somewhat insulted by the question. She perhaps wasn't the most outspoken of the group, but to be asked if she was new to the adventuring business felt demeaning. Perhaps it was due to her being away from it all for what felt like forever. At least, that's what she hoped it was.

"I've been in Heroica for about a year or two now. I've, um, slain a dragon and helped saved the town of Tridentia from pirates. Among other things." She hoped the accomplishments were enough to stave off anymore questions from the older looking 

"Ah, I see" the older assassin said in response, half doubting her stated accomplishments based on his interactions and her prior battle performance "you will have to forgive me then as you just seemed...new"

"Any how, shouldn't we be going now?" Darksten said, speaking up for the larger group.

2 hours ago, Comrade Commander said:

"Ah, I see" the older assassin said in response, half doubting her stated accomplishments based on his interactions and her prior battle performance "you will have to forgive me then as you just seemed...new"

"Any how, shouldn't we be going now?" Darksten said, speaking up for the larger group.

Annienal crossed her arms, Darksten's statement not helping mend any wounds. His words began making her doubt herself. Was she really that inexperienced?

"Um, let's head out." 

Edited by Kintobor

The heroes set out on their way to Bric'Lin. As they make their way down the road Altihor and Darksten both feel something crumble under their feet. The heroes have accidently stepped onto an anthill! The ants explode under foot, dealing 8 fire damage to both Althior and Darksten before their comrades, as well as some burning flies from the air, swarm forth!

The Enemies

heroicafog-monster-battleant.jpg Battle Ant A
Type: Vermin/Fire
Level: 8
Health: 47/47
Special: Bombard – Causes 8 fire-elemental damage regardless of row.
Drops (varies by roll):
1-3: Fire Bomb
4-6: nothing

heroicafog-monster-battleant.jpg Battle Ant B
Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-battleant.jpg Battle Ant C
Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-battleant.jpg Battle Ant D
Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-firefly.jpg Firefly A
*Fire-elemental attacks*
Type: Fiery Flying
Level: 20
Health: 293/293
Special: Swarm of Fire – Causes fire-elemental damage equal to 20 times the amount of fireflies in the party to the target.
Drops (varies by roll):
1-2: Fire Bomb
3-6: nothing

heroicafog-monster-firefly.jpg Firefly B
*Fire-elemental attacks*
Special: Swarm of Fire – Causes fire-elemental damage equal to 20 times the amount of fireflies in the party to the target.
Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-firefly.jpg Firefly C
*Fire-elemental attacks*
Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-firefly.jpg Firefly D
*Fire-elemental attacks*
Drops (varies by roll):

The Heroes

18679652234_a20d7689fc_t.jpgAlthior Emorith, The Dragonslayer (K-Nut)
36 years old male (undead) human Prophet
Level 56.8 *Clairvoyance* *Glossolalia* *Intimidation* *Permanently Transcended and Hastened* *Immune to Petrified, Cursed, Bound, and Slowed* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Ice and Darkness*
Power Bonus: +3 Spellpower Bonus: +18
Defense: 10 9 (+3 Flagpole) (5+5)
Health: 66/90 (5+56+15+1+1+5+5+2)
Ether: 105/105 (5+56+15+10+15+2+2)
Gold: 4104
GP: 14
Equipment: Mythril Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:35, Has ⅙ chance to deal cursed effect on successful spells and ⅙ chance to deal blessed effect on successful healing, staff), Gloves of the Aspirant Zieg-Friend (Spellpower +5, Max Ether +5; suitable to those with reputation with the Ziegfrieds only, if reputation is great, values doubled, if reputation is outstanding, values tripled; handwear), Winged Sandals (protects from bound and slowed effects, footwear), Garuda Wings (Makes the user permanently hastened; Power +50 to winged warriors; backwear), Coat Hanger (allows wearing a second bodywear artifact regardless of the amount limit for artifacts; accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth-elemental damage and is immune to petrified, ice, and darkness elemental damage; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers, scholars, and weather mages; bodywear), Robes of Illumination (SP: 5, +10 Max Ether, wearer is permanently transcended, suitable to prophets; bodywear), The Black Hat (wearer is immune to cursed, grants Intimidation), Sungold Medallion (+3 Power, +2 Health)
Inventory:
Weapons: Staff of the Supreme Necromancer (WP:25; damages undead; +5 level to raised undead; suitable to necromancers; staff), Boon Rod (WP:22; healing is guaranteed to restore health at least equal to WP at cost of one ether; staff, suitable to clerics), Scorching Staff (WP:20; attacks and fire elemental spells deal blinded; fire elemental staff), Doom Axe (WP:19, has 1/6 chance to cause doomed; axe), Bone Saw (WP:17, causes weakened and fragile to humanoids, beasts, vermin and flying enemies; longsword), Warlord’s Helmet (SP:6, healing through ether in a battle encourages targets as well, suitable to clerics and chi monks; headwear)
Artifacts: Lieutenant's Helm (SP:4, protects from fragile; headwear), Feathered Hat (Max Health +4; a consumable item named 'feather' can be stored in the hat and used without spending a turn during battles; comes equipped with [Feather of Lithe]; headgear), Pink Ribbon (Max Ether +3, grants immunity to sealed, afraid, and doomed; accessory), Lens of Speed Reading (allows one scroll to be used per round in addition to a normal action, suitable for classes that have ether; accessory), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (if the wearer is damaged by a free hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear),
Spell Items: Ruby (Fire), 2x Aquamarine (Water), Garnet (Earth), Sapphire (Wind), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Ethereal Amethyst (Darkness, deals blinded) Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Scroll of Love (Enables casting the enamored-effect to the target, making it unable to damage the caster for three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Scroll of Luck (Enables casting the lucky-effect to the target for one battle. Each casting has a 50/50 chance and costs 10 ether.), Begone With The Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30), Geode
Consumables: 3 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, Greater Potion (Restores 50 health to the target.), 6 Tonics, 4 Grand Tonics, 4 Ether Cores, 6 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 9 Meads, 5 Nostrums, Smoke Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Venom, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), 2 Milks (restores 15 health and 15 ether upon consumption), Cup of Asmodeus (Max. health +6 but power -6 when merged into an artifact at a smithy.), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned by 1-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)
Tools etc.: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 4 Bones, Deaddy Bear (Causes 45 damage and doomed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), Sauce Pan (Tool; Can be used with a Potion, outside of battle, once per quest to restore full HP), Cornucopia (increases the holder's gold by 25% at the end of each quest)

31039225633_9f7006b89e_t.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth, the School Inspector and the Matchmaker (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Harlot *Immune to Poisoned* *Immune to Free Hits unless last hero standing* *False* *Lucky*
Level 30.25
Power Bonus: +3
Defense: 2 (+3 Flagpole)
Health: 29/39 (5+29+4+2)
Ether: 46/46 (5+29+1+5+1+5)
Gold: 2588
Equipment: Solemn Dagger (WP: 12, darkness-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Sungold Medallion (+3 Power, +2 Health)
Inventory:
Weapons: Weatherfax Broom (WP:25, makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round, broomstick), Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Wand (WP:5; suitable for mages, necromancers and scholars.), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Torn Whip (WP: 7; Has a 1/2 chance of causing afraid on attacks; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)
Artifacts: Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear)  Rich Man's Shirt (suitable for anyone, +5HP, +10 ether; bodywear), Rich man's trousers (suitable for anyone, immune to Jinxed and Bound; footwear)
Spell Items: Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water)
Consumables: 2x Remedy, 6x Mead, 2x Nostrum, 3x Smelling Salt, 2x Tonic, 2x Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Forbidden Apple (has a half chance of causing blinded or transcended to the user),
Tools, etc: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage), Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)
Male, Wraith (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)
Level 25.66 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)
Power Bonus: +? (# of Enemies)
Defense: 9 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5, Robes +4) (+3 Flagpole)
Health: 38/38 (5 base + 24 lvl + 5 class + 4 robes)
Ether: 25/31 (5 base + 24 lvl + 1 class)
Gold: 339
Equipment:
-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)
-Telethia's Robes (black robes that Telethia wore into battle. SP: 4, Max HP +4, backwear.)
-Immortal Essence (+1 power for every enemy still standing. Accesory.)
-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding 5, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])
Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine
Bombs: 7x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)
Consumables: 3 Remedies, 1 Tonic, Everlasting Venom (Adds Poisoned +10 effect to one weapon permanently; consumable) 2 Meads, smelling salts, Nostrum, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy, Consumable), x3 Grand Tonic, x3 Potion
Inventory: Scroll of Magic Disguise, Crystow Feather (half damage from Electric and Flying type enemies, accessory), Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Decamodifier, Telescope
For Sale: (Message if interested): Hood of the Dark Druid (wearer absorbs Wood- and Darkness-elemental damage; headwear, suitable for druids only), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])
Decamon: 3x Mud Frog (Rock 2), 3x Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), 2x Woodwose (Plant 7), Treant (Plant 9), 2x Unicorn (Luminous 5), Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1), Glow Worm (Luminous 1)
Quest: (Good Rep: Shadeaux, Rito, Bonapartes); 1 Feather from each of these Eschaton's Generals: Telethia, Glaz, and Charon's Black archangel wings.
Glory Points: 151

Darksten (Comrade Commander) **Immune to poisoned, bleeding, cursed, jinxed, blinded**
36 year old male human Assassin
Level 25.33
Power Bonus: 3 (+3 [Sungold Seal])
Health: 24/48 (6 [base health] + 26 [level] + 5 [advanced class] + 1 [drumstick] + 5 [raw meat] + 1 [Quest #153 Reward] + 2 [Sungold Seal] +4 [Feathered Hat])
Defense: 2 (+3 Flagpole)
Gold: 1695
GP: 46
Equipment: Composite Bow (WP:11, ignores defense, bow)Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2, bodywear), Tribal Amulet (Wearer is immune to poisoned, bleeding, cursed, jinxed, and blinded; suitable to barbarians, rangers, beast warriors; accessory); Sungold Seal (+3 Power, +2 Health); Feathered Hat (Max. health +4; a consumable item named “feather” can be stored in the hat and used without spending a turn during battles, comes equipped with [Feather of Lithe]; headwear)
Inventory: Weapons: Spider String Bow (WP: 4, darkness-elemental bow), Crossbow (WP:6), Fang Dagger (WP:5, deals double damage to beasts; dagger), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8, crossbow)(loaned from Matthias), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, Poisoned -2)
Artifacts: Vampire Cape (Halves damage from undead enemies; backwear); Safety Blanket (SP:1, protects from Afraid, backwear)
Spell Items: N/A
Consumables: 5x Potion, 5x Grand Potion, Health Core, 4x Remedy, Elixir, 2x Phoenix Essence, 1x Smelling Salt, 6x Mead, 3x Nostrum, Soma, Ambrosia, Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies), Aeolus Bomb, Neptune Bomb, Floral Bomb, x1 Lightning Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 6x Venom, Deadly Venom, 5x Bone, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 4x Shattering Arrow (Lowers Enemy SP by 5, suitable for classes with bows and crossbows)
Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Cornocopia (Increases the holder’s gold by 25% at the end of each quest.)

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg
Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)
"20" year old elven female *Bonaparte Reputation* *Immune to Sudden Death, and Fragile. Immune to Earth* *Takes Half Damage from Elemental Attacks* *Weakened* *Afraid*
Level 20.33 Mystic Knight
Power Bonus: 0
Defense: 20 (9+5+3+3)
Health: 34/34
Ether: 10/23
Gold: 14
Equipment: Hollow Flagpole (WP:12, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Grand Potion), lance), Crescent Shield (SP:9, Halved Damage from Elemental Attacks, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to sudden death, back wear), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth elemental attacks, footwear, suitable for ether users)
Inventory: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:11, doubled if the user has reputation with the Bonapartes: longsword), Ammit (WP: 6, user gains 5 ether on kills, great sword), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage to undead, great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Gnarled Wand (WP: 7, Wood elemental, wand), Training Sword (WP: 4, longsword), Sharks Tooth (Power increased by 5 when attacking an aquatic enemy, accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max ether +3, protects from the blind effect, back wear, suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, and scholars), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 chance to blind enemies with attacks, accessory), Cauldrons (SP: 2, accessory, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to beasts and vermin, headwear, suitable for everyone), Tapshoes (Has a 1/6 chance of dealing the enamoured effect on each attack, Footwear), Captains Leather Helm (Provides immunity to stunned, blinded, and sealed, headwear, suitable for cannoneers, Rangers, Rogues, and Marauders), Ring of Hopeful True Love (Max. Ether +3; immunity to enamoured and fire, suitable for Annienal), Heavy Armour #2 (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators)
Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Ruby (Fire), x2 Mythril Shard
Consumables: 2x Potions, Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 4x Remedies, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Pickaxe, 4x Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half of users Ether upon consumption), Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health and confuses consumer), Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence, 2x Dragon Scale (grants lucky and blessed effects when consumed), Mead
Scrolls: Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make target immune to fire elemental attacks for the duration of one battle. Costs 1 ether per casting.), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make target immune to ice elemental attacks for the duration of one battle. Costs 1 ether per casting.), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make target immune to water elemental attacks for the duration of one battle. Costs 1 ether per casting.), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make target immune to wood elemental attacks for the duration of one battle. Costs 1 ether per casting.), Lapis Lamp of Summoning (Summons djinn Mayrene to conjure an etherial barrier around the target at the cost of 5 ether, giving them a 50/50 chance to avoid Damage, Free Hits, and Special Damage. The barrier dissipates when the target takes damage from any source.), Scroll of the Dragon's Roar (Causes Stunned and Burning-5 to the target 50/50 chance of success, costs 2 ether)
Roleplay: Underdeveloped Organ (A curious organ from the felled dragon Lethauros.)

Siercon attacks battle Ant A with wind from the front row. 

"Time for some pest control..." Siercon muttered.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

I equipped the Warlord's Helm a few pages back. Also why am I down one SP?

Althior heals himself with the Boon Rod, then casts wind on Firefly A with his Mythril Scepter, both from the back row.

Battle Order Forthcoming

"Oh bugger" Darksten mumbles as the searing pain from the exploding ants aggregates his old battle wounds. It was a little late,  it the assassin was dealing the party didn't have the healers he was used to healing him after every battle.

Quickly he launches his counter attack, hoping to get through the battle fast.

Darksten attacks firefly B from the back

Annienal lowers her visor as the anthill explosion erupts. She readies her shield and holds her flagpole a little more confidently than usual, if only to try and show the older assassin she wasn't some "newbie". Insects? These she could handle.
"If you put me first in the battle order Althior, I can keep some of the insects off of you." Annienal states, her thick armour gleaming off of insect's fire. "In the meantime, allow me a moment to cast this spell on my armour. If this works, I can take all of the damage these creatures throw at us."

Annienal unfurls her Scroll of Fire Warding and casts the spell on herself.