Bregir

[COR-FB] Temple of Poseidon, King's Harbour

With King's Harbour growing, its rising number of inhabitants has started looking for spiritual guidance and refuge. Therefore, the Faith has opened up a temple in the settlement. While nominally a Temple of Poseidon, and served by his priests, it is practically a Pantheon, allowing worshippers of Zeus, Hades and Poseidon alike. Most likely, as the settlement grows, temples will be erected for each of the three deities, as well as for other religions of the Brick Seas, but for now, one must do for all believers.

32438543482_035f8fedda_c.jpg

On this day, Ibn al'Sayeed is visiting the temple, to offer worship to his God. Being native to one of the southern realms of the old world, his religious views are known to very few, but he has been frequenting this temple since its opening. Whether he is worshipping one of the three known Deities, some foreign version of one of them, or something entirely different is known to few, as he does not discuss it openly.

What everyone know, though, is that he is the manager of one of the most succesful estates in New Terra. Adding to that an entrusted position as Montoya's right hand man in the ETTC, and his assistance to the governorial seat of King's Harbour, his days are never dull. Al'Sayeed considers his career with some degree of pride. It has been hard work, starting out as the lowly captain of a small xebec, the Sphinx, but now risen to a considerable position in business, respected and known by many accross the Brick Seas. He does have plenty to thank his Gods for, whoever they are.

32212225050_abb4f05f7f_c.jpg

Outside the temple, at all times, two priests of Poseidon are stationed, tending to the temple and aiding the poor passing by. In King's Harbour, however, their sacks of bread and other necessities are hardly ever touched, as very few are in need of their services. Instead, they walk the settlement after their shift at the temple, handing out bread to a hungry guardsman, a worker at a factory, or a kid underway from school. When the greater charities are in low demand, smaller acts of goodness must fulfil their days.

King's Harbour needed a cultural property to progress, and Ibn al'Sayeed needed some screentime, as did the faith. And here it all is, in one build. C&C is, as always, welcome. Thanks for looking!

A nicely representative bit of architecture.

Now, is this Ibn al'Sayeed character privy to those 'Corrington documents' that were locked in the Governor's strongbox months ago? Could the knowledge of their contents be the reason he is seeking spiritual comfort?

Nice clean build, instantly recognizable. I like how you've mixed colors on the roof. I would like to know more about the deities worshiped in Corrington. Do most citizens worship the same gods worshiped in Oleon, or are there other faiths? Regardless of the answer, excellent build! :thumbup:

Great build! It's rare to see a situation where mixed tones of dark red fit together that well. Now build a colonial KFC for that dude with the chicken leg! 

Great little temple Bregir, and good to see our Corrish ideals allow for acceptance of other religions. As Legostone commented, the reddish brown and dark red roof works surprisingly well, not something I would have thought of attempting.

Neat temple. In my mind you can't go wrong with columns and arches, and the grooved bricks on the front look good. The inner details are nice too, as is the landscaping. And you have a diverse group of minifigs too. The roof looks pretty good in those mixed colors, although I think for a temple with such good architectural elements I'd prefer a solid color. But it's your build after all! :classic:

On 1/29/2017 at 1:47 PM, Bregir said:

King's Harbour needed a cultural property to progress...

I'm working on it... :grin:

Ah, some love for the Faith :thumbup:

The temple turned out pretty nice. Simple as necessary to fit an early colonial settlement, yet elegant enough to be a beacon of spiritual guidance for those in need. Wonderful.

I really like your depiction of all three major Gods (and Zeus' golden crown), and the priests (of Poseidon) look just right for the social purpose they are fulfilling.

Thanks for showing that the Faith is an all-Hallosian institution.