A stolen ship made escaping the Eslandolan forces quite a simple matter, but where were two highly unusual pirates to go after that?

Who would welcome one woman steeped in death, and another who may not be all together alive?

Where would no one notice such a pair of monsters?

Charlatan Bay it was…

In Charlatan Bay there was a tavern known as Flotsam’s Rest. Squeezed between other buildings in Low Town it was a dark, dingy place with no windows. No one was ever sure if the name referred to the clientèle, or the various oddities used to decorate the bar.

UxbROQY.jpg

apV5XBm.jpg

qdFDtM5.jpg

XJcudLN.jpg

PlTeN6F.jpg

It was an otherwise usual night until Yharnam and Harrow stalked in, scaring the other patrons out of their way.

LxNRwd9.jpg

Secluded in a corner they considered their next objective believing their presence had gone without drawing undue attention.

SQb0isO.jpg

They were wrong, of course, and their discussions were quite rudely interrupted by the approach of two men.

0Gkng9n.jpg

“Yes?” Harrow hissed at the men.

AjASGhJ.jpg

“Would one of you two rather lovely women by Jack Yharnam, former captain of the… um, unfunny joke?” asked the first interloper.

Jacqueline Yharnam looked unimpressed.

W5nv78m.jpg

Snikt.

The man noted three things. Firstly, that he had never thought it humanly possible to move as quickly as Harrow did in that moment. Secondly, he had no idea where Harrow had retrieved that knife from.

DEl0OcG.jpg

And thirdly, that he was loosing all sensation...

As his body hit the floor his companion, more than a little rattled, tried to speak.

mnceVh8.jpg

“We meant no harm, cap’n,” he began, “we was sent by his Holiness the Bishop. His Holiness says he requests your audience, and ’as an offer of trade for you.”

Yharnam approached him, slinking forward from her seat. Harrow still lurked nearby, licking the blood from her blade. It rather felt to him like being surrounded by predators.

kvH6gV4.jpg

“What is he offering?” Yharnam asked.

“Something about yer ship, cap’n,” the messenger said, “his Holiness says some ‘fortuitous circumstances’ have happened, and he can return ’er to you, but he needs sumthin’ from you.”

Yharnam smiled a mirthless smile.

Rec7RKn.jpg

“Lucky you,” she said, “you get to live through today. I will meet with your priest.”

yEbZFmb.jpg

As they left the surviving messenger could only think one thing: That smile terrified him.

Continued here.

And some clean shots of the scenes:

iNmLGEx.jpg

Eg0DVHn.jpg

Flotsam's Rest is licensed as a Small Artisan property in Charlatan Bay.

Edited by kaiju

Great continuation of the story, and excellent job illustrating it! Minifig posing is excellent. The tavern itself is nicely done as well. Good use of different grays and masonry bricks. :thumbup:

Neat build, the wooden pillars really add to the walls

Edited by TitusV

7 hours ago, kaiju said:

@Capt Wolf thank you. I actually thought (after posting the images) my minifig posing was a bit static, but it works to tell the story.

Well, they aren't in action poses, so you have a point, but they tell the story well, and that's what I meant. And Harrow licking the blood off her knife is excellent.

8 hours ago, TitusV said:

Neat build, the wooden pillars really add to the walls

Thank you.  I was trying to go for a less finished look for this location, in keeping with Kwatchi's description of Charlatan Bay's Low Town.  They also help hide the giant wall panels making up the northwest corner of the first build.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Well, they aren't in action poses, so you have a point, but they tell the story well, and that's what I meant. And Harrow licking the blood off her knife is excellent.

I see what you mean, and yes, it turns out you can get quite a bit out of head angles and positioning, even if I should have made the minifigs look like they're walking in the last picture. As for Harrow, I wanted to up the creepy factor with her.

I'm really enjoying this story, and the build compliments it nicely. The wall texturing is particularly nice and I do like the minifig combinations. Looking forward to the continuation!

41 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

I'm really enjoying this story, and the build compliments it nicely. The wall texturing is particularly nice and I do like the minifig combinations. Looking forward to the continuation!

Thank you. The continuation, however, is somewhat out of my hands for the moment.

On 2017-01-31 at 2:55 AM, kaiju said:

Thank you. The continuation, however, is somewhat out of my hands for the moment.

Finally got it done.

And here is the exterior of the Flotsam's Rest in the daytime.

Xcve30u.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi

3 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Finally got it done.

And here is the exterior of the Flotsam's Rest in the daytime.

<snip>

Continuity! Continuity! Why does the bar suddenly have windows? :tongue: Knew I should have said it was in a basement...

More seriously, nice work.